Author Topic: [DAC Proposal] Anything On-Demand - Genie  (Read 2650 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I suppose you could say it has some vending machine type features but what I'm describing if you must call it a vending machine is a universal vending machine. Any demand which can be expressed can be pursued by your bots/drones/autonomous agent AI. Any supply which can be met by any business, autonomous agent AI, human being, will work.

So if on your wish list you demand a snickers bar then the autonomous agent AI would search the web for places which sell snickers bars and proceed to buy it. It would also be able to leave traces or trails which would be like hash tags for other autonomous agent AI to pick up so that businesses which supply the DAC will be able to pick up your demand basket via the hash tag.

So that means your autonomous agent AI could make trades via Twitter, Facebook, Skype, the telephone or whatever as long as the autonomous agent AI on the other end can interpret the machine language. This means if you wanted to buy an island you could do so if someone who has an island is willing to supply your demand. Your autonomous agent AI would negotiate the trade with their autonomous agent AI.

It is an interesting idea. It honestly sounds a bit far fetched and sci fi to me. Could be difficult to implement and get the network of users and agents.

It seems difficult to implement right now but a year ago no one thought DPoS was possible. No one predicted Ethereum would be possible.

Once we have Turing complete blockchains then the doors will be open for all kinds of stuff which seems sci fi right now. We might even have funding for it through the delegates to build these new DACs.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I suppose you could say it has some vending machine type features but what I'm describing if you must call it a vending machine is a universal vending machine. Any demand which can be expressed can be pursued by your bots/drones/autonomous agent AI. Any supply which can be met by any business, autonomous agent AI, human being, will work.

So if on your wish list you demand a snickers bar then the autonomous agent AI would search the web for places which sell snickers bars and proceed to buy it. It would also be able to leave traces or trails which would be like hash tags for other autonomous agent AI to pick up so that businesses which supply the DAC will be able to pick up your demand basket via the hash tag.

So that means your autonomous agent AI could make trades via Twitter, Facebook, Skype, the telephone or whatever as long as the autonomous agent AI on the other end can interpret the machine language. This means if you wanted to buy an island you could do so if someone who has an island is willing to supply your demand. Your autonomous agent AI would negotiate the trade with their autonomous agent AI.

It is an interesting idea. It honestly sounds a bit far fetched and sci fi to me. Could be difficult to implement and get the network of users and agents.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Cool idea, but isn't this more of a "vending machine" DAC?
I'm not sure what you mean by "vending machine" DAC.

This DAC is more like a "genie" DAC. A vending machine has to be stocked with certain items which you buy from it. This DAC doesn't contain any specific items. It accepts wants/needs to make a sort of wish list of (demands). From there it launches autonomous agent AI which are like your personal drones which spread your wish list (demands) all over the Internet until it comes into contact with the autonomous agent AI or human agent which is willing to meet (supply) the demand.

The DAC simply would have two kinds of agents. Human agents (like the delegates) and autonomous agents (the AI). The human agents would do the sorts of things AI agents cannot do like make physical deliveries but the AI agents could make orders, shop, barter, trade with each other, with other DACs, with humans, and make digital deliveries.

Suppose you want a new car? You tell the DAC "I want a new car" and it will ask "what model?" and you would tell it the model. It would then handle the rest and then a human being would drive the car to your door and give you the keys.

The autonomous agent AI would be smart enough to find the best deal for a new car and buy it. The human being would simply do all the parts of the transaction the AI cannot do.

How about for another example you want airline tickets? In this instance you would tell the DAC to book a flight to New Mexico. The flight would be booked by the autonomous agent AI. Next you would be able to tell the DAC to arrange for full accommodations and the autonomous agent AI would handle everything.

With this DAC people would never have to go shopping again if they don't want to. They won't have to book their flights again if they don't want to. They'll always have a hotel, a car, anything that an agent can buy and deliver to you. In addition anyone who needs employment would be able to work for it.

If someone demands a plumber because they have a leaky pipe then the autonomous agent AI would scan your local area for a agency willing to accept the task. If no one is currently a plumber then your autonomous agent AI would leave an offer until someone else's autonomous agent AI finds the offer. The two autonomous AI agents would reach a mutually beneficial agreement and then pay the human to do the job. This part might need a bit of work but there is no reason you couldn't do everything craigslist can do with this DAC.

So it would be more than a vending machine unless you're saying it's a vending machine which can give you everything you ask for. Basically it's just a DAC which knows what you want and actively seeks to provide you what you want at all times. What more could anyone want than to have anything on demand?

There was a lot of hate towards vending machine DACs about 6 months ago, and I could never figure out why. Even if luckybit's idea is a vending machine (pretty fancy vending machine, if you ask me), why does that disqualify it from being interesting?

If it can benefit simultaneously from automation and decentralization, then it's a good business to DACify.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

In this case I don't really see why it would be a vending machine but I'm guessing the person who said this doesn't understand what I meant by autonomous agent networks. This DAC would basically give the user anything they want if they have the money. It would be able to get them anything they want in a decentralized way.

Today you would have to hire a personal assistant or go to craigslist yourself. You would have to physically get in your car and go shopping or call the pizza delivery company yourself. You'd have to find the best deals yourself or hire the human beings yourself.

With a DAC like this you would simply tell it your wishlist and it would proceed to have everything on that list delivered to you whether it be digital or physical products or services. If it's a vending machine that can give the person anything they ask for them it's the perfect vending machine. If it is a vending machine then so is Google, Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist, Task Rabbit, Uber, Netflix, and practically everything else.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:01:32 pm by luckybit »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

There was a lot of hate towards vending machine DACs about 6 months ago, and I could never figure out why. Even if luckybit's idea is a vending machine (pretty fancy vending machine, if you ask me), why does that disqualify it from being interesting?

If it can benefit simultaneously from automation and decentralization, then it's a good business to DACify.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Anything on Demand is the holy grail. It is like a genie which integrates into the users "smart home" similar to Amazon Echo but running distributed across multiple devices via the Internet of Things.

Suppose we had a DAC modelled after WunWun?

The way this DAC would work is through voice recognition. You simply tell it what you want and whatever you want magically arrives at your door. It accomplishes this through use of autonomous software agents which make your purchases for you online and then human delegates get paid to make the deliveries as couriers.

These delegates will have to be vetted carefully and may have to form a cooperative for legal protection. This cooperative would allow participants in the DAC to trust the courier service while also allowing the courier service to abide by whatever legal restrictions there are which go along with running a courier service.

The easiest thing this could apply to is food. Everyone must eat but who wants to spend time shopping? If you can simply tell your DAC your shopping list and have the courier / deliver service go get it for you then it would save time. Of course this model could apply to a lot more than just food deliveries because anything you demand could be supplied through the DAC.

To develop this DAC the team will need

1) An expert in machine learning/AI.

Voice recognition is important to make this DAC work. A deep understanding of autonomous agent networks, conditional preference networks and ambient intelligence are also necessary to make this DAC work. It could use the Bitshares toolkit as it's base code foundation as long as it has a talented AI developer who can expand it.

2) A legal expert able to navigate through the legal risks and form a cooperative for the delegates to operate under. Currently FedEx is being indicted by the DEA so it is important to take all necessary legal precaution.

Reference

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/30/wunwun-the-service-for-on-demand-anything-rebrands-in-time-for-san-francisco-launch/

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/viv/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:36:04 am by luckybit »