Author Topic: Delegate Proposal: jcalfee  (Read 11790 times)

Offline jamesc

I am running a DevShares delegate, please vote for me: jcalfee1-developer-team.terrier ...  This is a 100% position to fund BitShares development and testing.   Thank you!

This is only on DevShares .. you have to be on that network to vote for this delegate.

BM had said he will change the allocation with an announcement. Thats happened, then?

There is this from Dec 29: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12664.msg167826#msg167826
We have not seen anything more recent.  I think BM is going to make one though.

Vikram just started a release thread with a link that shows the tag and binaries:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13010.0

You can import a private key to test it.  I choose to transfer my balance to a new wallet.  In the next release, there will be a new RPC command, wallet_import_keys_from_json that should aid in the process.

A torrent is being seeded.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:10:57 pm by jcalfee1 »

sumantso

I am running a DevShares delegate now, please vote for me: jcalfee1-developer-team.terrier ...  This is a 100% position to fund BitShares development and testing.   Thank you!

This is only on DevShares .. you have to be on that network to vote for this delegate.

BM had said he will change the allocation with an announcement. Thats happened, then?

Offline jamesc

I am running a DevShares delegate, please vote for me: jcalfee1-developer-team.terrier ...  This is a 100% position to fund BitShares development and testing.   Thank you!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:04:28 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline Riverhead

Bear catches fish, hunter shoots bear before it can eat the fish. I think I'll stick with cake :).

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
thank you!  .. wow, that last vote really determines our fate.  We are not getting any breaks now.  That is good, there is much to be done.  Thanks for the support, I have found more dedicated candidates and I'll be casting a vote soon.  I still need your votes, it would be nice to get off of the bottom so we can stay active well into the new year.

Also, super thanks to cn-members for your translation.  I'm glad we got that finished.  I posted it yesterday to the Delegates group.  Just one question, did Google translate this right: does "having one's cake and eating it too" really translate to "fish and bear's paw can have both" ??  :)

Me and Callmeluc did the translation .
Yes , Fish and Bear's paw are two good food in ancient China , the slang is that you can't have both .
So the positive expression would be "fish and bear's paw can have both"
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline jamesc

thank you!  .. wow, that last vote really determines our fate.  We are not getting any breaks now.  That is good, there is much to be done.  Thanks for the support, I have found more dedicated candidates and I'll be casting a vote soon.  I still need your votes, it would be nice to get off of the bottom so we can stay active well into the new year.

Also, super thanks to cn-members for your translation.  I'm glad we got that finished.  I posted it yesterday to the Delegates group.  Just one question, did Google translate this right: does "having one's cake and eating it too" really translate to "fish and bear's paw can have both" ??  :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:15:52 pm by liondani »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
gonna vote for you once i am back from holidays

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
It's surprising that he is still at #252. Let's vote for our developer!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline jamesc

Haven't you been paid $20k since Oct 2nd by I3?

Developers are transitioning into paid delegate positions...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can we assemble a list of forum members that have BMs number and maybe also distribute some more numbers of core developers .. toast, vikram, nathan, ....

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Haven't you been paid $20k since Oct 2nd by I3?

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
James and his helper delegate earns a +1 for waking me up today to resolve a network issue.

you are lucky we didn't sent  you a fire track to wake you up  :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
James and his helper delegate earns a +1 for waking me up today to resolve a network issue.

I wanted to wake you up at your 5AM , but I didn't have your number , and I was worry that wake you up so early may not produce better result .
In the near future I think it's better to allocate 24 hour shifts at least before 1.0 .

Yes.  I have my phone with me 24-7 so we just need a few people who are awake and know the number.

pls provide me your number also for this kind of purposes.… thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

I wanted to wake you up at your 5AM , but I didn't have your number , and I was worry that wake you up so early may not produce better result .
In the near future I think it's better to allocate 24 hour shifts at least before 1.0 .

Yes.  I have my phone with me 24-7 so we just need a few people who are awake and know the number. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Voted and updated my slate  +5%
delegate-clayop

Offline jamesc

The immediate plan is to support the existing web wallet and make some more performance improvements (largely due to many new user-issued-assets).  Then continue to put together an secure online experience using TITAN and the mail servers.  Both are a very high priority as the race continues knowing the Christmas Holiday are fast approaching.

EDIT: I'm implementing common RPC calls in the BitShares-JS library.  This will mean we can take existing wallets like the the qt web_wallet or the next re-write (a light-weight BitShares wallet) and run as a multi-user wallet.  BitShares-JS repository could offer a functional www browser-based rpc console where a user may receive and send funds privately.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:36:04 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
voted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, but you can't vote for me yet...To be announced!

I'm ready, willing but unable to vote for you until I know your delegate. Please advise.

It seems I will get jcalfee's helper delegate ready for action very soon!   :D

count me in to support you with delegates running in Greece!  Let me know if you are interested  ;)

I already revealed my identity as you know and my delegate is always  up to date with great statistics...

check delegate.liondani

I see you have put a lot into delegate.liondani...  Here is my proposal, what do you think?
I am in!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

I will get in touch with jcalfee1 today if possible (must be online both the same time  :))
And will discuss the details (helper delegate name, pay frequency, etc.)
I assume we have official details about jcalfee stand-by delegate very very soon!   ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:16:04 am by liondani »

Offline onceuponatime

I'm ready, willing but unable to vote for you until I know your delegate. Please advise.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
if you can contact cn-members do some chinese translate,i think you can get more vote from China.
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline scalfee

• View Profile
Awesome job, Jimmy. Well said. Keep up the good work.  You have my vote. 

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
sorry about the past tense, what i mean is i will definitely vote for you, have been following the repo for quite a while

http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline jamesc

voted

Thank you, but you can't vote for me yet...To be announced!

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
voted

http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Great work! You will get my vote!
delegate-clayop

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
You'll get my vote for sure  +5% !!!!
Keep up your admirable work …

Offline jamesc

Great work... is the bitshares js lib a port of bitcore as a base? Can you sign transactions? You still need a node to run to make RPC calls right? Is the mail system the foundations of "talking" to the library and thus make RPC calls to the bitshares node?

I'm just curious as to what you see the big picture here as where the bitshares JS is going together with the mail project.

I'm guessing web wallets and market place apps would use the JS library for efficiency purposes over talking directly a bitshares node?

Yes

well said: yes to all ..

I'm only using a small part of bitcore.  I do like that project a lot, it is a valuable resource.  It is quite large but they are planning to modularize it.  Also I can trim out what we need if it comes to that.

BM can correct me if I get something wrong!  Basically, the efficiency comes from using the mailbox mainly because you know what belongs to you (it is in your mailbox).  You don't know who sent it or what it is unless you can derive the private key to decrypt it ( this requires your private key ).  So the mail is reasonably private.  I'm assuming we utilize default mail servers initially but the flexibility to re-configure and add redundancy is already built-in should someone have a need.  I imagine this will be the primary means of transferring transactions and will become a selling point for delegates that run a separate mail server.  Here is Nathan's paper BitShares Mail.

Offline bytemaster

Great work... is the bitshares js lib a port of bitcore as a base? Can you sign transactions? You still need a node to run to make RPC calls right? Is the mail system the foundations of "talking" to the library and thus make RPC calls to the bitshares node?

I'm just curious as to what you see the big picture here as where the bitshares JS is going together with the mail project.

I'm guessing web wallets and market place apps would use the JS library for efficiency purposes over talking directly a bitshares node?

Yes

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jamesc

Pay Rate: 100%
  • 5% Helper Delegate
  • 95% Development
  • BitShares Vote: jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani
  • DevShares Vote: jcalfee1-developer-team.terrier

Summary
  • Provide full development services and support for the Bitshares platform

Background
  • Professional Programming and Linux experience ( since 1997 )

Current and Future contributions:

Web Wallet contributions:
  • Programming and Support for the On-line Wallet
  • JavaScript library for BitShares ( BitShares-JS )
  • Market page testing and performance
  • Created development testnet scripts ( faster development )
  • Misc “commits” as “jcalfee”

(delegate to be announced)
jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani (liondani)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:19:40 pm by jcalfee1 »