Author Topic: Delegate Proposal: jcalfee  (Read 11794 times)

Offline jamesc

Great work... is the bitshares js lib a port of bitcore as a base? Can you sign transactions? You still need a node to run to make RPC calls right? Is the mail system the foundations of "talking" to the library and thus make RPC calls to the bitshares node?

I'm just curious as to what you see the big picture here as where the bitshares JS is going together with the mail project.

I'm guessing web wallets and market place apps would use the JS library for efficiency purposes over talking directly a bitshares node?

Yes

well said: yes to all ..

I'm only using a small part of bitcore.  I do like that project a lot, it is a valuable resource.  It is quite large but they are planning to modularize it.  Also I can trim out what we need if it comes to that.

BM can correct me if I get something wrong!  Basically, the efficiency comes from using the mailbox mainly because you know what belongs to you (it is in your mailbox).  You don't know who sent it or what it is unless you can derive the private key to decrypt it ( this requires your private key ).  So the mail is reasonably private.  I'm assuming we utilize default mail servers initially but the flexibility to re-configure and add redundancy is already built-in should someone have a need.  I imagine this will be the primary means of transferring transactions and will become a selling point for delegates that run a separate mail server.  Here is Nathan's paper BitShares Mail.

Offline bytemaster

Great work... is the bitshares js lib a port of bitcore as a base? Can you sign transactions? You still need a node to run to make RPC calls right? Is the mail system the foundations of "talking" to the library and thus make RPC calls to the bitshares node?

I'm just curious as to what you see the big picture here as where the bitshares JS is going together with the mail project.

I'm guessing web wallets and market place apps would use the JS library for efficiency purposes over talking directly a bitshares node?

Yes
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jamesc

Pay Rate: 100%
  • 5% Helper Delegate
  • 95% Development
  • BitShares Vote: jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani
  • DevShares Vote: jcalfee1-developer-team.terrier

Summary
  • Provide full development services and support for the Bitshares platform

Background
  • Professional Programming and Linux experience ( since 1997 )

Current and Future contributions:

Web Wallet contributions:
  • Programming and Support for the On-line Wallet
  • JavaScript library for BitShares ( BitShares-JS )
  • Market page testing and performance
  • Created development testnet scripts ( faster development )
  • Misc “commits” as “jcalfee”

(delegate to be announced)
jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani (liondani)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:19:40 pm by jcalfee1 »