Author Topic: My TEDx Bermuda Presentation on Cryptocurrencies  (Read 7964 times)

charleshoskinson

Skype me charles_hoskinson or email at charles.hoskinson@gmail.com

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Great job, I hope we will see bitshares on TED soon

If bitshares marketing contacted me, then I'd be happy to mention them on TED or any of the other venues I speak at.

What is the best way to contact you?  You can PM me if you wish.  :)
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline godzirra

• View Profile

If bitshares marketing contacted me, then I'd be happy to mention them on TED or any of the other venues I speak at.

Sweet. Let's make this happen.

Offline GaltReport

+5%

charleshoskinson

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Great job, I hope we will see bitshares on TED soon.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline fuzzy

I'm key noting the international blockchain summit in january fuzzy.  Drop by the Cayman islands and we'll chat.

You and your lavish vacations....(jealous).
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

charleshoskinson

I'm key noting the international blockchain summit in january fuzzy.  Drop by the Cayman islands and we'll chat.

Offline fuzzy

Did I criticize or attack anyone in the TED talk?

Yea, you attacked all sorts of people.  Don't you watch your own videos man?

Perhaps you might care to enlighten the rest of us gamey, or do you just wish to cast aspersions through innuendo? I saw no accusations, at least not against this community.

I don't know charles, but his TED talk was good imo.

It was a joke.  It is hard to reply and not set him up to give his spiels.  The joke was a requirement.

I'm sure his talk was wonderful.  I didn't watch it but I'm not even sure how he made the connection about his speech with my comment which was actually about "casting aspersions through innuendo". 

You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer.  I think that much is obvious.  So no, I do not "wish to cast aspersions through innuendo".  I just want to chuckle. 

"hidden camera" ... rofl.

I actually thought that Dan brought up some valid questions in that "hidden camera" episode (though I was completely unaware the camera was hidden--I thought it was captured using a phone). 

I also think that it is hard for any of our community to know how to deal with you because your leaving was shrouded (and still is to this day) in mystery.  I can always go back to this point and I always will because until we understand the specific terms under which you left we have no reason to trust you.  Let's remember that you have your name on the BitShares Whitepaper...which means you effectively gain a great deal of renown for all the work that Dan and his team have done long after you left--work that makes pretty much makes the initial whitepaper obsolete.  But history will likely not acknowledge the ridiculous amounts of work that Dan and team put into building this without you receiving too much credit. 

You are now in a position where you can either ignore bitshares (if for some odd reason it fails) or stand up and say you were one of the people who came up with it (when it proves highly successful). 

I know you have said previously that you left due to philosophical differences, but I believe there is more to it.  I have even been hinted that there is more to it--though BM (to his credit?) keeps your secrets.  I wish I knew exactly why you left--just to go to another project.  Unfortunately I have been largely forced to give up on that. 

Btw...I really DO like your educational content (education is a soft spot of mine).  I just wonder how you can afford to go without pay for all these things and literally spend all your time evangelizing for a project that up until just a few months ago had no funding.  I am very passionate about what I do and there is absolutely no way I could spend the amount of time doing what you do without getting paid for it and also feed my family. 

So I guess in short--it all has always come down to this shroud of secrecy and your unwillingness to be transparent about these things.  However, I must also place some of the fault on BM because he is obviously willing to keep this information secret.  Our community has legitimate reasons to ask questions and I am glad we can (and do).  I am also glad that Dan's secrecy with respect to your history with the bitshares project does not carry over to his own life and work as he is by far the most open developer out there with respect to his work and intentions.   I am also glad for your occasional big lebowski quotes.  But I would be far more glad for full disclosure...it would set my mind at ease.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:25:51 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Perhaps you might care to enlighten the rest of us gamey, or do you just wish to cast aspersions through innuendo? I saw no accusations, at least not against this community.

It was a joke.  It is hard to reply and not set him up to give his spiels.  The joke was a requirement.

I'm sure his talk was wonderful.  I didn't watch it but I'm not even sure how he made the connection about his speech with my comment which was actually about "casting aspersions through innuendo". 

You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer.  I think that much is obvious.  So no, I do not "wish to cast aspersions through innuendo".  I just want to chuckle. 

"hidden camera" ... rofl. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

charleshoskinson

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.