Author Topic: Delegate proposal: dev.sidhujag  (Read 14669 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

I am speechless. So many work for being a delegate. This system (dpos) is amazing.
I will vote for you as soon as my wallet download the chain.

+5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mangou007

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
I am speechless. So many work for being a delegate. This system (dpos) is amazing.
I will vote for you as soon as my wallet download the chain.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The next plan for me is to do bitshares login for magento, xcart, zencart, oscommerce...

Then I will implement payment gateway + bitshares login for joomla and wordpress.

Then I will do bitshares login with opencart

After that I will do a payment gateway for shopify.com..

Are there any other ones that you can think of?

amazing jsidhu, your work is incredibly valuable!  +5%

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Yes we can port that... I'm not a fan of p2p marketplace however.. Syscoin has one with blockhain marketplace and it plans to use bitshares plugins on its demo sites plugins into shopping carts.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline valtr

• View Profile
What about OpenBazaar? It is under development, but moving. Without bitCurrency (bitUSD, bitCNY etc.) it is not perfect.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The next plan for me is to do bitshares login for magento, xcart, zencart, oscommerce...

Then I will implement payment gateway + bitshares login for joomla and wordpress.

Then I will do bitshares login with opencart (this would be without login radius plugin as they don't have one for this, unless I can convince the CEO of loginradius to create one)
After that I will do a payment gateway for shopify.com..

are there any other ones that you can think of?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:06:48 pm by jsidhu »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
congrats man.  im glad you got in. 

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Ive since added bitshares login successfully and am meeting with the ceo of loginradius to try to add bitshares to the backend... Anyways i need to get voted in soon as my cart/azure charges are over $250 per month.. I hope to be added so i can continue my work on the ecommerce side of things there is still tons of integrations to go.. Joomla wordpress shopify.com to name a few...if login radius agrees to add bts then i told him id work for free for him.. As i assumed id be a delegate by then
I also would work with cass to get an ecommerce section on the bitshares homepage to surface the plugins to the public...

I think the work that you are doing is very valuable for all of us and I voted for you (quite a while ago).

Thank you! Quite tough to getin without bm stan and other whales help seems its pretty hard to get in without them especially those chinese whales.. Maybe they dont know about the work I did? Can someone communicate to them?
Did BM say that he wants the community to vote you in and that he isnt voting himself?

Last he said he will get me some votes..

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Ive since added bitshares login successfully and am meeting with the ceo of loginradius to try to add bitshares to the backend... Anyways i need to get voted in soon as my cart/azure charges are over $250 per month.. I hope to be added so i can continue my work on the ecommerce side of things there is still tons of integrations to go.. Joomla wordpress shopify.com to name a few...if login radius agrees to add bts then i told him id work for free for him.. As i assumed id be a delegate by then
I also would work with cass to get an ecommerce section on the bitshares homepage to surface the plugins to the public...

I think the work that you are doing is very valuable for all of us and I voted for you (quite a while ago).

Thank you! Quite tough to getin without bm stan and other whales help seems its pretty hard to get in without them especially those chinese whales.. Maybe they dont know about the work I did? Can someone communicate to them?
Did BM say that he wants the community to vote you in and that he isnt voting himself?

Offline thistome

• View Profile
 +5%+5%

来自 MI 1S 上的 Tapatalk now Free

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Hey guys,

I've updated this request at NullStreet.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Offline onceuponatime

Hey guys,

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

I have finally got my blockchain updated and VPS running with my delegate: dev.sidhujag

Please vote me in so I can continue on support work for the e-commerce sides of things.

My next job is to incorporate bitshares login with the LoginRadius plugins for some of the major shopping cart packages. LoginRadius is used everywhere for social login/sharing and I will add bitshares to it which gives some free functionality to existing loginradius users for a possible large userbase migration.

I am in talks with LoginRadius CEO to try to convince them to support bitshares authentication in the backend via their API...

If we have some more profile data to open up per account this makes a ton of sense.. I've msged BM about this.

Later on we can add the social sharing part of it too if we add in capability to msg users through the decentralized email system we developed.

Sounds awesome.  +5%

YUP  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Ive added bitshares login to drupal7 now i just have to do it to the others and we need more profile data stored on the accounts so that checkout can be done by logging in via bitshares and not entering any more info

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

I have finally got my blockchain updated and VPS running with my delegate: dev.sidhujag

Please vote me in so I can continue on support work for the e-commerce sides of things.

My next job is to incorporate bitshares login with the LoginRadius plugins for some of the major shopping cart packages. LoginRadius is used everywhere for social login/sharing and I will add bitshares to it which gives some free functionality to existing loginradius users for a possible large userbase migration.

I am in talks with LoginRadius CEO to try to convince them to support bitshares authentication in the backend via their API...

If we have some more profile data to open up per account this makes a ton of sense.. I've msged BM about this.

Later on we can add the social sharing part of it too if we add in capability to msg users through the decentralized email system we developed.

Sounds awesome.  +5%

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline wackou

I upgraded but didnt update version

a common thing to do... (talking from experience ;D) I just implemented automatic version publishing in the bts_tools, I believe this should be a feature useful to quite a few people...
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
You have my vote, but please update your delegate version.  I'm assuming you'd fix it when you got in, but it may be scaring some voters away.
I upgraded but didnt update version i was too busy testing my payment gateway to have to resync chain again.. now I did it last night since Im done for now

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
You have my vote, but please update your delegate version.  I'm assuming you'd fix it when you got in, but it may be scaring some voters away.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline jamesc

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:13:17 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline dcchong

• View Profile
wallet_approve_delegate dc-delegate true
wallet_approve_delegate bitsharesx-delegate true

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
+5%

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline CLains

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
We need your dedication and skills. You have my vote.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

zerosum

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Woo commerce plugin WORDPRESS is also really important...IMO

AFAIK you mentiond something about before, don't you!?

Yes..

WooCommerce is in there in the backlog.

Offline CalabiYau

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Woo commerce plugin WORDPRESS is also really important...IMO

AFAIK you mentiond something about before, don't you!?

Offline onceuponatime

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
+5% you'll get my vote! Pls consider a magento extension also ... :)

Thanks,

added to the backlog.. consider it my contract of work for now :)

About the incentive system... this is why I loved Devcoin.. you can work to earn.. and I spent alot of time thinking that it can provide work for people say in Africa with just an internet connection and get paid 10x more than the peanuts they were surviving on.

Now the incentive to work via paid delegates (without worrying about network security) alot of these problems that I envisioned to solve with Devcoin are already done here because of reputation/voting systems... the same problems Devcoin tries to ethically solve with an incentive system to earn are done better with bitshares so it takes the best idea in all of crypto and integrates it well with other ideas that are great aswell as the assets/mail/marketplace/voting capabilities that help put it over the top.

Alot of the early bitcoin coders loved Devcoin for the idea but not for the fact that it had large and unhalving supply (alot of which was mined early before merged-mining kicked in) and didn't have a democratic (or decentralized) way to allocate resources, which ofcourse are solved here aswell.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:01:32 pm by jsidhu »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I hope to put these up in an e-commerce section of bitshares.org similar to how bitpay did.

100% sure...

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We definitely need a fancy slogan for: "feel the spirit of payed positions on a blockchain"!!

+5% .. will add you to my slate on next update

Offline svk

Awesome application, glad to have you on board and good luck!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
 +5% you'll get my vote! Pls consider a magento extension also ... :)

Xeldal

Great work!  +5%
I support this 100%   +5%

Offline robrigo

Merchant integration is so important! Thank you for tackling this.

Voted.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Deeply impressed, both by the application and the incentive system making it possible.

Other projects are going to have a tough time keeping their devs.

+1
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
This is such an important vote.  +5%
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jag Sidhu and I am a Software Engineer from Canada with around 15 years experience..My github is http://github.com/sidhujag I have a degree in Computer Science (specializing in Digital Image Processing). I've done some cool projects, including a 3rd person multiplayer 3d shooter coded in opengl/c++, image morphing and recognition(c++) and a dynamically simulated AI app (c++) which can train a robot (bunch of hinges/boxes/springs) to learn how to walk over time using a genetic algorithm/neural network..  in the workforce I have picked up skills in the following through a variety of projects including client/server applications, php/mysql driven websites for part management/electronic change order process, Javascript web clients for industrial embedded servers running in MQX/Windows CE, scriptable DirectX based video player system to demo locally dimming LED backlit TV's (Yes I helped bring that technology to your local bestbuy, we were bought out by samsung.):

c
c++
c#
learning F#
java
ada95
vb
.net
.net embedded compact
php4/php5
batch perl python scrpting
mysql, mongol DB
javascript(angularjs, jquery, dojo)
Graphics APIs: directx opengl
Android Development kit

IDEs:
Visual studio
Visual Studio embedded
Intellij
Netbeans
Eclipse (android development and able to debug bitcoin!)
Codewarrior mqx
Code composer for TI

OS/Architectures:
windows server 2008/2012
linux/unix
windows 98/2000/xp/7/8...
x86
arm

Source repos used:
Git
SVN
HG (mercurial)

I love the idea of bitshares and being able to work on it and be compensated for my time . It makes my work day go way faster and have something to look forward to every day :)
I have done coding in the following coins:

Maxcoin (helped with qt port for build system)
Devcoin (helped with android-app, bitcore port for insight block explorer, merged-mining, port to 0.8.6\0.9.2\0.9.3 versions of bitcoin)
Syscoin (helped with merged-mining, aliases, offers, certificates on the blockchain)

There might be some others too but not worth wasting your time reading stuff you probably don't care too much for.
I made an auction website called devcoinauctions.com( http://devcoinauctions.com/welcome-landing ) that I wanted to compete against something like quibids.com... essentially offering a better service (with crypto's integrated)... however I haven't had much time to keep it going I still have plans to put up some new auctions on there... I developed it to be turnkey. I learned some skills doing it:
wordpress with wp total cache optimization
varnish cache http accelerator (VCL scripting)
nginx webserver
General dealings with static/dynamic content of web served files, Content delivery via CDN, DNS issues
Experience with SEO, Social awareness (twitter/facebook/google plus) and ad campaigns through ad sense/facebook

Optimizing websites by increasing YPage and Google speed scores (devcoinauctions.com is 99% efficient with 0.4s load time (when it had 25+ auctions going): http://gtmetrix.com/reports/devcoinauctions.com/CEMqSFnF, it can handle up to 5000 users at once without loss of serving integrity on a cheap server (500meg ram single core).

Backlog of work to do:

I've started integrating e-commerce plugins for bitshares and have done OpenCart so far, with hopes to complete 10 others before moving on to other projects (see below), the list of plugins are:

1) WHMCS Bitshares Plugin (https://www.whmcs.com/)
WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses.

2) OpenCart Bitshares Plugin (http://www.opencart.com/)
Opencart is a powerful open-source shopping cart platform for online merchants. Done

3) Ecwid Bitshares Plugin (http://www.ecwid.com/)
Ecwid offers the performance and flexibility you need, with none of the hassles you don't.

4) Zen Cart Bitshares Plugin (http://www.zen-cart.com/)
Zen Cart truly is the art of e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software.

5) Drupal 7 Ubercart Bitshares Plugin (http://www.ubercart.org/)
Ubercart is the most popular Drupal E-Commerce platform.

6) Drupal 6 Ubercart Bitshares Plugin (http://www.ubercart.org/)
Ubercart is the most popular Drupal E-Commerce platform.

7) osCommerce Bitshares Plugin (http://www.oscommerce.com/)
osCommerce has over 7,000 free Add-Ons and 12 Years of strong experince

8) X-Cart Bitshares Plugin (http://www.x-cart.com/ecommerce-software.html)
X-Cart allows you to: Sell Online. Anything. Anywhere.

9) Commerce:SEO Bitshares Plugin (https://www.commerce-seo.de/)
Commerce:SEO is an advanced cart that is focused on tableless templates in HTML5 and CSS 3 and continues to support the efforts of PHP 5.4

10) PrestaShop Bitshares Plugin (http://www.prestashop.com/)
PrestaShop comes complete with over 310 features that have been carefully developed to assist business owners.

11) VirtueMart Bitshares Plugin (http://virtuemart.net/)
VirtueMart is an Open Source E-Commerce solution that powers large online shops.

I hope to put these up in an e-commerce section of bitshares.org similar to how bitpay did.

This work is being funded by I3 funds based on a 7 week forecast (2 weeks in). I plan to support these and add WooCommerce/Joomla/magento  plugins after based on what community wants.

Some other projects that need to be worked on:

OpenBazaar - implement BitUSD processing here
Bitshares open market app - work on whatever here (maybe integrate the plugins I did above)

Basically I can work on anything.. I usually learn what I need to know. For me its always fun learning new things... I'm a can-do type of person usually never say "no can't be done". I usually just do it if it needs to be done.

Please vote for me as a delegate. I hope by the time that I finish the plugins I will be voted in and I can start working on other things.

Vote now!

dev.sidhujag
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:51:57 pm by jsidhu »