Author Topic: Freebieservers.com is here  (Read 17036 times)

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
This seems like a great idea!
I've skimmed through it and from what I can tell:
You host free game servers in exchange for users viewing a 2 minute add before playing the game and you incorporate lots of unobtrusive adverts to fund it.
You also host occasional in game votes. The users participate in A/B testing, and advertisers can see how their products are perceived in an anonymous way that is of benefit to the end user.

Nxt - Case Study

One of our first partner programs was an integration we did with the nxt community  in 2014. A total of 6000 dollars was granted in order to attain users for the wallets at mynxt.info . In order to attain this goal, modals educating users about the uses of Nxt were set up on the platform. In addition, the site moved towards using tokens in order to further integrate the system into the user experience on the site. 

Campaign lasted 3 weeks time frame
10,000+ wallet sign ups
25 percent of the users used the wallets for transactions
Observable hike in number of transactions
Single most effective Ad Campaign by the Nxt Team
Per sign up charge, as low as .60 cents, in comparison with industry average of 12 USD

If a similar campaign was conducted for BitShares you would collect referral fees for those 10k users you signed up, and additional active-user fees for the 25% who continued to use bts. This means that there is no reason for the bts 'campaign' on your platform to be limited to 3 weeks as you are financially rewarded for bringing us more customers!
The full details of the referral program aren't public until sometime in June. But I'd guess you'd have earned a few thousand bts for the 10k sign-ups, and perhaps another few thousand for every transaction the 25% active users make.

If there is a specific product that BitShares can offer to target Freebieservers' users, then the financial reward could be quite substantial for all involved.
The BitShares voting functionality may also be useful for providing advertisers with product polling.

Issuing a UIA would also allow you to retain control over your digital assets whilst at the same time gaining access to the BitShares ecosystem and the potential customers that use it.

NOTE: I'm not sure how much Freebieserver's knows about BitShares but I think it is useful to have this kind of information on public display for other potential business partners to see.

Thanks for taking time out and going through it in detail
Yes, your understanding of the product seems right and that is the direction we are headed at.
We have a suite of side-projects coming up that could use Bitshares in detail (gambling, exchange)  and am researching further on that end.
Bitshares Vote could be utilized for the polling system, but I am not sure on how we benefit from it. That said, yes VOTE could have an amazing user case by which the polling could take place. I'll talk with Adam in regards to it later.

We might list ourselves at GemSpace in the future (for fund raising).

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
This seems like a great idea!
I've skimmed through it and from what I can tell:
You host free game servers in exchange for users viewing a 2 minute add before playing the game and you incorporate lots of unobtrusive adverts to fund it.
You also host occasional in game votes. The users participate in A/B testing, and advertisers can see how their products are perceived in an anonymous way that is of benefit to the end user.

Nxt - Case Study

One of our first partner programs was an integration we did with the nxt community  in 2014. A total of 6000 dollars was granted in order to attain users for the wallets at mynxt.info . In order to attain this goal, modals educating users about the uses of Nxt were set up on the platform. In addition, the site moved towards using tokens in order to further integrate the system into the user experience on the site. 

Campaign lasted 3 weeks time frame
10,000+ wallet sign ups
25 percent of the users used the wallets for transactions
Observable hike in number of transactions
Single most effective Ad Campaign by the Nxt Team
Per sign up charge, as low as .60 cents, in comparison with industry average of 12 USD

If a similar campaign was conducted for BitShares you would collect referral fees for those 10k users you signed up, and additional active-user fees for the 25% who continued to use bts. This means that there is no reason for the bts 'campaign' on your platform to be limited to 3 weeks as you are financially rewarded for bringing us more customers!
The full details of the referral program aren't public until sometime in June. But I'd guess you'd have earned a few thousand bts for the 10k sign-ups, and perhaps another few thousand for every transaction the 25% active users make.

If there is a specific product that BitShares can offer to target Freebieservers' users, then the financial reward could be quite substantial for all involved.
The BitShares voting functionality may also be useful for providing advertisers with product polling.

Issuing a UIA would also allow you to retain control over your digital assets whilst at the same time gaining access to the BitShares ecosystem and the potential customers that use it.

NOTE: I'm not sure how much Freebieserver's knows about BitShares but I think it is useful to have this kind of information on public display for other potential business partners to see.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:03:58 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
 ::) Need to squeeze out more awesome sauce :/

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I have finished work on the B-plan, in case any of you  would like to have access, feel free to get in touch.
Am keeping it out from public access for the moment.

Sharing numbers from our B-plan

(and yes, we're taking investors :) )
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:51:13 am by Freebieservers »

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
No they aren't.
I didn't want to push this further until the time was right.
I will be updating the thread with info regarding the company's operations (and how Bitshares plugs into the system) later today and be on a Hangout session with Fuzzy to talk about our operations so far and future plans soon enough. Once that's in, I'll have it set up.

The time in between was spent in understanding the ecosystem here and networking with  people. Its been a warm welcome so far and I appreciate everyone that has chimed in via skype, PM

We have a few product lines in beta already catering to a gamer / bitshares demographic. I'll release info as the product goes live.
Appreciate the love and interest shown so far. 

Tl:Dr : We've been working behind the scenes, something good is coming.

P.s  - I've been trying to get in touch with Bitshares Play, the forum..almost seemed dead.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:55:12 am by Freebieservers »

Offline onceuponatime

Hey guys,

Our delegate posts are up.
Kindly vote us in

fbs-delegate1
fbs-delegate2
fbs-delegate3

Are you sure they are up? I can't find them in the delegae voting list.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Our delegate posts are up.
Kindly vote us in

fbs-delegate1
fbs-delegate2
fbs-delegate3

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I read your OP again. It really sounds good! Thanks!
The few obstacles I see:
No one has 3 delegates (except btsnow but that is core dev dan notenstein who has a handful of full time devs he pays in poland).
It might be a good idea to scale things up. Starting with the promotion / campaigning of 1 delegate which is dedicated to what you would perceive gives the most bang for the buck (most promotional effect per effort for you) and then adding more delegates if that is successful I think is more realistic.
Then the delegate campaign could also be made more specific so that shareholders can know exactly what will happen when they vote you in in terms of action from your side and have a rough estimate what the effect will be. In contrast: 3 Delegates and a lot of possible promotional possibilities are hard to evaluate.

Related: With the video adds and the sponsored serves you would be a bitshares employee (promotional delegate) and at the same time the employee / owner of where the ad space is bought. This would be a conflict of interest since you are the buyer and the seller of the ads. The lack of a free market gives no indication of a fair price. This though could be easily circumvented if there were standard rates (price and ad volume / size) or if you would make quotes before being elected as a delegate.

Just a few random thoughts :)

I also like the level headed approach (to communication) you take here!

Appreciate the kind words and encouragement.
We're actively looking for stronger integrations and partnerships with crypto-communities.
We'll soon have the accounts registered and then push for the votes.

For any queries - add me on skype at freebie.servers

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I read your OP again. It really sounds good! Thanks!
The few obstacles I see:
No one has 3 delegates (except btsnow but that is core dev dan notenstein who has a handful of full time devs he pays in poland).
It might be a good idea to scale things up. Starting with the promotion / campaigning of 1 delegate which is dedicated to what you would perceive gives the most bang for the buck (most promotional effect per effort for you) and then adding more delegates if that is successful I think is more realistic.
Then the delegate campaign could also be made more specific so that shareholders can know exactly what will happen when they vote you in in terms of action from your side and have a rough estimate what the effect will be. In contrast: 3 Delegates and a lot of possible promotional possibilities are hard to evaluate.

Related: With the video adds and the sponsored serves you would be a bitshares employee (promotional delegate) and at the same time the employee / owner of where the ad space is bought. This would be a conflict of interest since you are the buyer and the seller of the ads. The lack of a free market gives no indication of a fair price. This though could be easily circumvented if there were standard rates (price and ad volume / size) or if you would make quotes before being elected as a delegate.

Just a few random thoughts :)

I also like the level headed approach (to communication) you take here! 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:09:25 pm by delulo »

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
When would you start the promotion? I am thinking about the right time in so far a light wallet and probably a fiat gateway has be fully functional to attract this audience.

We will really need a light wallet to help us do this in the right manner.
A fiat gateway that can take paypal / debit card will be helpful, yes.
We'll lay the ground works for the promotions over the period of a month since being voted in and can go full in 15-20 days since being voted in.
Thanks for the quick answer!
So this means that atm you estimate that BitUSD / Bitasset integrations would not be valuable enough for your business to compensate for the integration?
Or would your delegates more pay for the promotion than the integration of BitAssets as a payment option?

One needs to understand that our proposal primarily focused around promoting BItshares and largely limits our role to that of an advertiser and not of a developer. I see increased interest in turning our project open source and a series of other requests. Understandably, this emerges from the fact that a number of delegates ARE actually devs and the rest are exchanges. However, a private enterprise like FS that has a year of work gone into its growth and sustenance won't be able to function the same way. We are primarily a gaming company, secondly an advertising network. Our product comes first, sales and marketing second.  Having that said,  - I will need to thoroughly discuss a potential integration, its implications on our user base and how our user base can benefit from some thing like that with my team before I can commit to it.  Any integration will largely emphasis on the user experience and advantages the coin provides over the pay (as in, we will not be doing an integration solely on basis of monetary gains, although it does have it role since there will be dev expenses incurred in doing the same)

I understand there's been a lot of air around what FS CAN do for a community and what we WILL be doing.
From a pure capitalistic pov, I'll have to admit- what we do will be directly proportional to the support (both financial and interest) from the community.   

I am working on figuring a proper way for the community to be working closer with FS.
we also have a series of bigger projects in our pipeline and we do intend to work closely with crypto on them.
Those don't require delegate spots and I would love to talk to any biz-devs on behalf of the community regarding it.

FS has one of the largest user reach when it comes gaming and crypto - and our team has worked behind the scenes in a number of hot projects over the last year. We look forward to collaborating with teams and communities in delivering better experiences to our users.

P.s - Admittedly 3 delegate spots are less when we're addressing a  number of concerns and due to the same am focusing on the absolute basics (promotions), building trust and going up (or down) from there.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
When would you start the promotion? I am thinking about the right time in so far a light wallet and probably a fiat gateway has be fully functional to attract this audience.

We'll lay the ground works for the promotions over the period of a month since being voted in and can go full in 15-20 days since being voted in.
Thanks for the quick answer!
So this means that atm you estimate that BitUSD / Bitasset integrations would not be valuable enough for your business to compensate for the integration?
Or would your delegates more pay for the promotion than the integration of BitAssets as a payment option?

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile