Author Topic: Descriptions of each user-issued asset?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Thanks arhag, that's a very limited description though. e.g. How do I know what BitSuperLab does? Anything more detailed?

At that point, I think it is best to just figure out the identity of the issuer and ask them what the asset is supposed to represent. Perhaps the issuer account could include a link to a website page where it officially explains the issuer's value proposition for the UIAs they created. After all, the only reason UIAs have any value is because people trust the issuer to provide the stakeholders with some future value (perhaps sharedropping the stake of some future DAC to them, or maybe distributing BitUSD they earn to the UIA holders as a dividend).

I know there's been a lot of focus on bitAssets, but perhaps user-issued assets could do with a bit more dev support then, assuming we think that's worthwhile? It appears to be a potential income stream for BTS that, unlike bitAssets, does not require a lot of BTS capital to support.

im pretty sure they are supposed to have a link to a website that provides further information. theres no need to put a long description of the asset on the blockchain

Makes sense. I scanned through a number of them and could not find any links. Is it worth enforcing the inclusion of a link? They are fairly useless if nobody knows what they are.

Also, in the client it wasn't obvious to me that they should be searched for in the Directories tab.

clout

im pretty sure they are supposed to have a link to a website that provides further information. theres no need to put a long description of the asset on the blockchain

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Thanks arhag, that's a very limited description though. e.g. How do I know what BitSuperLab does? Anything more detailed?

At that point, I think it is best to just figure out the identity of the issuer and ask them what the asset is supposed to represent. Perhaps the issuer account could include a link to a website page where it officially explains the issuer's value proposition for the UIAs they created. After all, the only reason UIAs have any value is because people trust the issuer to provide the stakeholders with some future value (perhaps sharedropping the stake of some future DAC to them, or maybe distributing BitUSD they earn to the UIA holders as a dividend).

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
Go to http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets

Check "Show user issued assets"

Then click on whichever asset you want and the description will be at the bottom of the asset info box (example: http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=LAB which says "Shares of BitSuperLab").

You can of course do something similar from the client if you want to be sure of the results, but using the bitsharesblocks website is faster and easier.

Edit: By the way svk, for some reason the website doesn't show the issuer account of a UIA, although the JSON does return the correct ID number for the account.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Go to http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets

Check "Show user issued assets"

Then click on whichever asset you want and the description will be at the bottom of the asset info box (example: http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=LAB which says "Shares of BitSuperLab").

You can of course do something similar from the client if you want to be sure of the results, but using the bitsharesblocks website is faster and easier.

Edit: By the way svk, for some reason the website doesn't show the issuer account of a UIA, although the JSON does return the correct ID number for the account.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:05:24 pm by arhag »

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
What's the easiest way or place to find these?