Author Topic: where has my btsx gone???? ?:(  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
merockstar, thanks for the good advice. I am quite covered in the backup area, I might fortify it further after all the other need to do's, but now I'm really considering the suggestion about a dedicated computer, that's not a bad idea.

Now I think i'm synchronized with what's going finally, thanks for all of the answers.

merockstar

Ok then. Would anything happen if I imported DNS to BTS at this point or should I wait?

And lastly, should or can I send PlayBTS_S1 and Dec.14,2014BTS_S2 from BTER to Bitshares client?

glad to see you recovered your funds. i would recommend getting a computer to use exclusively for crypto and nothing else. I would also recommend making backups of all your wallets and emailing them to yourself, backing them up on dropbox, burn some cds and scatter at friends and relatives, make a micro-sd card, maybe a couple flashdrives, copy them to your phone, etc... I've given myself a million and a half ways to get access to a backup wallet anytime i need it. your level of paranoia should probably correlate with the amount of money you have invested.

the transaction scanning can take a good minute.

the bts you got awarded from the merger snapshot wouldn't be showing up yet, you can check it with wallet_check_sharedrop (or something like that) after importing all your keys (DNS included I believe). sounds like your balance is correct.

PlayBTS_S1 is just bter's record of what they owe you from the snapshot when play comes live. it's not possible to withdraw it yet.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Ok then. Would anything happen if I imported DNS to BTS at this point or should I wait?

And lastly, should or can I send PlayBTS_S1 and Dec.14,2014BTS_S2 from BTER to Bitshares client?

Offline vikram

2. The balance should be scaled from the old BTS to the newest, which should be a lot bigger number, is that correct? I can't see this balance anywhere, I can only see the "old BTS" balances.

The new balances after the sharedrop have not been unlocked yet, so they don't show up in balances yet. It will be announced when they are unlocked in a future version.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
I managed to make it work on another computer with the exact same Windows version. Something must have gotten corrupted on the previous computer with all of the Bitshares clients.

I imported .json wallet from the old BTSX into the new BitShares and it works, but why is

1. "Transaction scanning process is 0%"? The client is fully synced and it's the latest 0.4.27.1. (Forget this question. After a long time it's now 1%)
2. The balance should be scaled from the old BTS to the newest, which should be a lot bigger number, is that correct? I can't see this balance anywhere, I can only see the "old BTS" balances.
3. Should I also import the Bitshares DNS and the old PTS wallets into this new Bitshares?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:05:07 pm by Protoman »

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
I have uninstalled everything Bitshares, including Key-ID, made multiple backups ofcourse, including re-moving all of the AppData folders.

Then installed the new Bitshares PTS DPOS, can't start because of a critical error called "An error occured while trying to start.", which is who knows what.

Same applies to the latest BitShares.

I don't want to repeat this but I have no idea how to solve it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:23:09 am by Protoman »

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
I did and it fixed the issue for me.

Phew, great. Did you just uninstall the old PTS client or did you remove (or delete? or rename?) the AppData of PTS too?

Did you do the same for BTS X? A lot of question I know, sorry, but it would be helpful.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
I did and it fixed the issue for me.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Same thing happens when I installed the new BitShares PTS DPOS.

"An error occured while trying to start."

Should I completely uninstall the previous BitShares & BitShares PTS Wallets?

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Well v0.4.26 didn't solve anything, the same problem still persists

"An error occured while trying to start."

I don't know what to do here, at some point I need a working BitShares client.

Can you figure what's wrong from the "Send Report" you get?

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Prior to installing the new BitShares a few days ago I could run the old BitShares X just fine, everything worked.

I don't know if BitShares program was supposed to transfer the wallets to it's folder by default or not, but that's what it looks like to have happened.

But first I need a working BitShares anyways. As a last resort option I will even try virtual box.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
As long as you have a backup or the.wallets folder .... TOGETHER with the passphrase you are on the safe side .. and can relax

merockstar

it sounds like your problem is two fold

1) getting the program to run

2) finding what you did with your wallet

maybe you could try running a fresh copy of windows in a virtual box. installing the wallet there, figuring out what you did with your original wallet, e-mail it to yourself, and load the wallet up in that just so you'll have peace of mind that you have access to your funds while your troubleshooting the issue with your current install.

Offline vikram

0.4.24.1 installed, same thing.

Is this the sole case of this error, noone else got this?

I am not sure what is causing your particular problem; but 0.4.25 will be released soon with a number of additional bugfixes--it's probably best to wait for now and it might address your problem.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
0.4.24.1 installed, same thing.

Is this the sole case of this error, noone else got this?