Author Topic: where has my btsx gone???? ?:(  (Read 6580 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Nop .. passphrase is just ENCRYPTING a random priv key. ..

you no have a backup?
what happend to the bitsharesX folder in appdata?

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
I am not sure where the app data went to so i might be screwed but isn't there a way to import a wallet if you know the passphrase and have the address

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
When I re-installed the client a while ago, I found it just installed a second copy of the software, rather than upgrading it.

So you might find you have 2 versions of the software installed - one pointed at the old wallet, and one pointed at the new.
ahh .. explains it ..

go to "%APPDATA%/Roaming"

you will find a folder "BitShares X" which contains your OLD wallet
and a "BitShares" folder .. that one contains the 'new' wallets ..
rename the "BitShares" folder to something else .. better not delete it .. for safety ..

then rename "BitShares X" to "BitShares" and start up the client again .. it should start with reindexing the database ..
give him some time for reindex and resync ... MAKE A BACKUP afterwards too !!!

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
When I re-installed the client a while ago, I found it just installed a second copy of the software, rather than upgrading it.

So you might find you have 2 versions of the software installed - one pointed at the old wallet, and one pointed at the new.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You have a backup of the wallet?

Can you got to console and type blockchain_is_synced?

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
thankyou for the info so it should just be that i need to rescan the blockchain ? or something I think it is doing that right now says transaction scanning progress 9%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
i cant find bitshares x download anywhere actually   did they consolidate it all to bitshares?

http://bitshares.org/bitshares-reloaded/
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
i cant find bitshares x download anywhere actually   did they consolidate it all to bitshares?

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
sorry bts... not btsx... i dont think it says bitshares x when you open it either just bitshares

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
it didn't ask me to in fact there is not a synchronizing thing anywhere on the main screen It looks just like the wallet i used to have just unregistered and 0.00 btsx

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Did you have to download the blockchain again?

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
I had the latest version of bitshares x but recently i upgraded to something that has no x in the title It asked me to create a new password so i used my old one and my old account name and now i have 0 btsx again ;... k so seriously this happens like every time i upgrade and i dont know the commands to import my wallets so it is distressing to say the least I have the passphrase to the wallet but currently i am out 5000 btsx  please someone help!!!