Author Topic: Say Hello To Stacey Everyone  (Read 19964 times)

Offline mira

• View Profile
I mean really, she's actually willing to put her face, her whole person out there for public view and criticism...?  How many of you gripers would be willing to do that?

I will... (face-wise. As for personality-wise, I am all out there in the public eye)

but I am handsom...so it does not count  :)

“Don't you know that a midnight hour comes when everyone has to take off his mask? Do you think life always lets itself be trifled with? Do you think you can sneak off a little before midnight to escape this?”
  ― Soren Kierkegaard

Offline fuzzy

Im still waiting on delulo.... that is all I know.

The man is single, eloquent, thoughtful and has a high opinion of stacey :P
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Mine has been published many times and is even in my profile.

It's sad but who didn't see this coming? I talked with Methodx before he posted this thread and he assured me she could take it.  I guess we'll see.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I mean really, she's actually willing to put her face, her whole person out there for public view and criticism...?  How many of you gripers would be willing to do that?

yhea .. that is hell of a statement! .. I wonder how many of the delegates have published their identity?!

disclaimer: mine can be figured out quite easily though I haven't posted it in this forum  8)

zerosum

I will... (face-wise). As for personality-wise, I am all out there in the public eye/ for the public beating.

but I am handsome (Brad Pitt-ish, but 1/2 his age)... so it does not count  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:02:45 am by tonyk2 »

Offline mira

• View Profile

Offline mira

• View Profile
So why are we picking on this particular person who may or may not be embarking on a similar trajectory?   

I could write an entire thesis on "why," but will refrain.

This thread is starting to embarrass me.

+5%

It's disappointing.  Rather than feeling like I want to get more fellow women involved in BitShares, it has me more inclined to warn them off forum involvement.

How do we expect to attract top talent if you guys hit them with a cold water hose right out of the gate?

Agreed. Some of these same people are wondering why they're still single, and why there aren't many women in this field. Hmmm...
+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

How do we expect to attract top talent if you guys hit them with a cold water hose right out of the gate?

Agreed. Some of these same people are wondering why they're still single, and why there aren't many women in this field. Hmmm...

Offline Riverhead

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Why force such discussions at the beginning?  You can't even begin to do it until you know what she is doing and what she wants to be paid.  So I don't think it should be spelled out at this point. 

Once she actually does stuff and wants to be paid then we start having that discussion.  I'm completely at a loss why people approach things in this manner.  It doesn't seem productive.  At all.

+1

I don't remember having these kinds of preemptively-critical discussions about Toast, MethodX, Cass or any of our most valuable forum members. 

Each one of them pitched in and had developed a valued reputation long before deciding to run for delegate.  This is the standard mechanism we advise for most high potential new talent - prove your worth, get some support from another trusted delegate, then run for full-time office.  Perhaps some people with established reputations can take a shorter path, but I don't think it's necessary to preemptively interrogate everybody entering the pipeline unless and until they become a candidate.

So why are we picking on this particular person who may or may not be embarking on a similar trajectory?   

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Look, attempting to guilt some dude into Bitshares because some chick on YouTube gave him spank bank material is not going to do what you want it to in the cryptocommunity. Reaching out beyond the cryptocommunity in this fashion will also fail. This is a serious thing with serious implications in the long term for all of us and potentially the world. Enticing boners to Bitshares is juvenile and retarded. This isn't your WoW guild or BF3 clan we are recruiting for.  We are attempting to disrupt and replace Wall St., ForEx, Remittence, etc. Basically the entire global currency network and structure is just beyond Bitshares fingertips.  It may take a few years just to touch that area legitimately and maybe a decade before there is any real grasp.  A token figurehead appealing to sex deprived men will achieve nothing. You know why? Because they are already here, as determined by a lot of your responses. I can hear the mouth breathing through the interwebs in this forum thread.

Let's try and keep this thing classy. No infomercials either(I was against that too)!

If she's really here to just use her educated experience by way of team MethodX, great. Welcome, I look forward to your contribution.

I was against that too..

I agree with your post. You make excellent points.

I also agree with your statement that it may take a decade or so before there is any real grasp. Who knows its possible it might take less, like 5 years or so.

Google wallet has been out for years and Apple pay just came out yet almost no one pays with their smartphone via NFC. Society at large isn't comfortable with alternative monies or methods of payment. At least not yet. In the meantime we should work on perfecting the technology and creating a niche community revolving around Bitshares.

Maybe we should also be more entrepreneurial and start businesses and services that accept BitUSD and such.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:48:24 am by jae208 »
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Alot of great ideas have come from nullstreet but I don't believe this is one of them.
To take someone that isn't well known to the crypto scene and try to integrate them and give them a voice and audience will be time consuming and pricey.It just doesn't make sense to me to try and take a unknown, educate her and help her grow a audience when their are many experienced people that would do the same job but don't have a pretty face. I mean this as delicately as possible but her best feature is that she is attractive.Her speaking skills don't appear to be wonderful and she doesn't poses a huge knowledge of crypto. Of all the idea's that have been brought up on nullstreet I just don't think this one is good enough to throw funds at.

Now with the above being said if she is donating her time and doesn't plan to run a delegate or receive any funds from delegates then welcome aboard volunteers are not only welcomed but appreciated :)   

I wonder you mistake the reality of marketing to a wider audience. Marketing is largely about dumbing down and making the product real and accessible. That isn't science - it's art. Most advertising is scripted by those who do understand the product to depth. Also, worth baring in mind that one approach will not catch all, so we need do need to push on all fronts.

+5%

The reality is she talked about her portfolio on fiverr.  I'm not speaking to her financial situation, but she obviously doesn't mind doing this sort of work cheaply to receive exposure.  If she wants to have a few glasses of wine, produce a clip, and see how things go then more power to them!

If you are aspiring to this type of career Crypto is as good of a spot to start as any.  No reason to say she preemptively shouldn't be paid when no one has seen what she would produces or the pay rate.

I agree I just think it should be spelled out, is she looking for a job or isn't she? I think volunteers are great and this word was thrown around alot on the other forum. If she wants to get paid awesome, produce something that everyone feels is pay worthy (look at the guy that should up with the mobile wallet app) then she will get voted in right away no problem. The standards for a volunteer vs someone that is paid are completely different so its worth making the distinction.

So is she being paid or volunteering? Or does she plan to produce something for free and let the community weigh in and decide if she should be paid?

Why force such discussions at the beginning?  You can't even begin to do it until you know what she is doing and what she wants to be paid.  So I don't think it should be spelled out at this point. 

Once she actually does stuff and wants to be paid then we start having that discussion.  I'm completely at a loss why people approach things in this manner.  It doesn't seem productive.  At all.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Alot of great ideas have come from nullstreet but I don't believe this is one of them.
To take someone that isn't well known to the crypto scene and try to integrate them and give them a voice and audience will be time consuming and pricey.It just doesn't make sense to me to try and take a unknown, educate her and help her grow a audience when their are many experienced people that would do the same job but don't have a pretty face. I mean this as delicately as possible but her best feature is that she is attractive.Her speaking skills don't appear to be wonderful and she doesn't poses a huge knowledge of crypto. Of all the idea's that have been brought up on nullstreet I just don't think this one is good enough to throw funds at.

Now with the above being said if she is donating her time and doesn't plan to run a delegate or receive any funds from delegates then welcome aboard volunteers are not only welcomed but appreciated :)   

I wonder you mistake the reality of marketing to a wider audience. Marketing is largely about dumbing down and making the product real and accessible. That isn't science - it's art. Most advertising is scripted by those who do understand the product to depth. Also, worth baring in mind that one approach will not catch all, so we need do need to push on all fronts.

+5%

The reality is she talked about her portfolio on fiverr.  I'm not speaking to her financial situation, but she obviously doesn't mind doing this sort of work cheaply to receive exposure.  If she wants to have a few glasses of wine, produce a clip, and see how things go then more power to them!

If you are aspiring to this type of career Crypto is as good of a spot to start as any.  No reason to say she preemptively shouldn't be paid when no one has seen what she would produces or the pay rate.

I agree I just think it should be spelled out, is she looking for a job or isn't she? I think volunteers are great and this word was thrown around alot on the other forum. If she wants to get paid awesome, produce something that everyone feels is pay worthy (look at the guy that should up with the mobile wallet app) then she will get voted in right away no problem. The standards for a volunteer vs someone that is paid are completely different so its worth making the distinction.

So is she being paid or volunteering? Or does she plan to produce something for free and let the community weigh in and decide if she should be paid?   

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Look, attempting to guilt some dude into Bitshares because some chick on YouTube gave him spank bank material is not going to do what you want it to in the cryptocommunity. Reaching out beyond the cryptocommunity in this fashion will also fail. This is a serious thing with serious implications in the long term for all of us and potentially the world. Enticing boners to Bitshares is juvenile and retarded. This isn't your WoW guild or BF3 clan we are recruiting for.  We are attempting to disrupt and replace Wall St., ForEx, Remittence, etc. Basically the entire global currency network and structure is just beyond Bitshares fingertips.  It may take a few years just to touch that area legitimately and maybe a decade before there is any real grasp.  A token figurehead appealing to sex deprived men will achieve nothing. You know why? Because they are already here, as determined by a lot of your responses. I can hear the mouth breathing through the interwebs in this forum thread.

Let's try and keep this thing classy. No infomercials either(I was against that too)!

If she's really here to just use her educated experience by way of team MethodX, great. Welcome, I look forward to your contribution.

Groovy, you came to these conclusions from a simple hello from a new member.  Unless you're personally financing it, let's see what VOLUNTEER efforts develop. If you have a competing marketing effort, fantastic, we need different perspectives and people willing to execute on the ideas.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline onceuponatime

What marketing have you done?