Author Topic: How do we get User Issued Assets actually trading?  (Read 2096 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Here is one way to get UIAs trading:

Everybody loves to trade altcoins using centralized exchanges like bter.com, so we could have an exchange website that integrates its orderbook entirely with the BTS blockchain. Users logon and put in bids on the site for altcoins, and they dont even know or care that they are actually trading on the blockchain. All deposits on the site are automatically represented by UIAs on the blockchain. This could even be good for volume because the orderbook is accessible not just by the site's customers.

Is anyone working towards this already?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:10:58 pm by speedy »

Offline svk

I guess bitsharesblocks is showing the wrong data?

No, but it's using blockchain_market_price_history to calculate 24hr volume weigthed average prices and that command is giving strange and sometimes incorrect results. abit has made a fix for it that I'll try to integrate later today or tomorrow.

svk, note that if you cherry-pick abit's patch, you will need to at least also apply it to market_engine_v7 in bitshares which is what the network is currently using. I'm holding off on applying to the earlier market engines until I have some time to sit down and inspect all the history code myself to make sure it all makes sense.

Although I guess if you do patch the earlier market engine(s), feel free to submit a pull request against devshares branch.

That was indeed my plan but I guess it might be better to wait for you to properly verify and integrate it.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline vikram

No, but it's using blockchain_market_price_history to calculate 24hr volume weigthed average prices and that command is giving strange and sometimes incorrect results. abit has made a fix for it that I'll try to integrate later today or tomorrow.

svk, note that if you cherry-pick abit's patch, you will need to at least also apply it to market_engine_v7 in bitshares which is what the network is currently using. I'm holding off on applying to the earlier market engines until I have some time to sit down and inspect all the history code myself to make sure it all makes sense.

Although I guess if you do patch the earlier market engine(s), feel free to submit a pull request against devshares branch.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

ok

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Hi,

I dont know if UIAs are not active yet, but if they are, how do we get them trading and a market cap.  This is in regards to what is found here http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/user

On an unrelated note, Silver has a 5% yield right now.
In the wallet, market page, search. Then submit orders.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
UIAs are active and can be traded .. take a look at
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12289.0

+5% for the +5% on silver :)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Hi,

I dont know if UIAs are not active yet, but if they are, how do we get them trading and a market cap.  This is in regards to what is found here http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/user

On an unrelated note, Silver has a 5% yield right now.