Author Topic: Support a video  (Read 3737 times)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Thats why we should sell them BitBTC instead.

Yes, we could market BitBTC as a sidechain :)

It's not going to work. Bitcoiners have years of experience identifying anything that threatens bitcoins market cap and instantly labeling it a scam, pump n dump, shitcoin, etc.

The only way we can avoid this is by marketing bitshares as a block chain with features that do not even compete with bitcoin at all, only complement it. Bitassets can explicitly be marketed to the dark markets and to non-bitcoin users.

Agree completely
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline jamesc

Just be nice to bitcoiners. We need to compete, we have an experimental asset that holds its value better through time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Yes.  But I hit a wall because of our reputation.   I will get him, but it will take a few more touches, and in the mean time I will try to repair our reputation

Hmm what is wrong with our reputation?
In the past we have come across as very anti-bitcoin.  Like we are gonna crush them and take over them.  Obviously everyone invested in bitcoin is not going to be very open minded to hearing our message with this stance.  Unfortunately that is our reputation.

This really is a great angle to have. In the past I have had the 1 crypto outlook but I think market pegged asset's provide a great stable asset for merchants and speculator's. 

Offline Rune

• View Profile

It's not going to work. Bitcoiners have years of experience identifying anything that threatens bitcoins market cap and instantly labeling it a scam, pump n dump, shitcoin, etc.

The only way we can avoid this is by marketing bitshares as a block chain with features that do not even compete with bitcoin at all, only complement it. Bitassets can explicitly be marketed to the dark markets and to non-bitcoin users.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

sumantso

Yes.  But I hit a wall because of our reputation.   I will get him, but it will take a few more touches, and in the mean time I will try to repair our reputation

In the past we have come across as very anti-bitcoin.  Like we are gonna crush them and take over them.  Obviously everyone invested in bitcoin is not going to be very open minded to hearing our message with this stance.  Unfortunately that is our reputation.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

We've been talking about this on nullstreet as well. Perhaps in the future we should stop attempting to pitch bitassets to bitcoiners altogether, and only focus on features that do not compete with bitcoin in any way such as bitmail, vote, DNS. Those are all innovative things that not even bitcoiners can hate on, even if they are run on an altcoin.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
It seems like the video is jumping in mid-conversation. I think it would be a good idea to have an intro of some sort to get people up to speed.

It is.   The full conversation is for paid customers only.  The full interview was nearly an hour long.

Right, but I mean I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of splash screen or intro or anything that tells viewers who's talking and what show it is when jumping in mid conversation like this. Right now I think many people on reddit will open the video, feel confused and then bounce before Trace Mayer begins to speak.

Ah... I see your point.  I will add an annotation to help.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
It seems like the video is jumping in mid-conversation. I think it would be a good idea to have an intro of some sort to get people up to speed.

It is.   The full conversation is for paid customers only.  The full interview was nearly an hour long.

Right, but I mean I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of splash screen or intro or anything that tells viewers who's talking and what show it is when jumping in mid conversation like this. Right now I think many people on reddit will open the video, feel confused and then bounce before Trace Mayer begins to speak.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Hey guys,

Later this week (hopefully) I will be launching several videos about bitshares. They are designed to realign bitcoin and bitshares as supportive of each other and not competition. I think this is a really important step because we are alienated at the moment.

In the mean time I thought I would take the opportunity to remind the bitcoin world that I am still a big fan of bitcoin.  This will make it easier for them to hear the bitshares message later this week.

I know this video is not about bitshares at all but check it out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2onvb9/what_would_happen_to_bitcoin_if_a_black_swan/

Trace Mayer is a very astute member of the cryptocurrency world. Have you talked to him about BitShares?

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

Hey guys,

Later this week (hopefully) I will be launching several videos about bitshares. They are designed to realign bitcoin and bitshares as supportive of each other and not competition. I think this is a really important step because we are alienated at the moment.

In the mean time I thought I would take the opportunity to remind the bitcoin world that I am still a big fan of bitcoin.  This will make it easier for them to hear the bitshares message later this week.

I know this video is not about bitshares at all but check it out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2onvb9/what_would_happen_to_bitcoin_if_a_black_swan/

Trace Mayer is a very astute member of the cryptocurrency world. Have you talked to him about BitShares?