Author Topic: BTS client stuck "Finished Connecting. Launching Bitshares"  (Read 1768 times)

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
i got stuck after the 100th or so day of uploading the blockchain 3 or 4 times now i have had to reset database and restart

any suggestions

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

that's new to me ..

I guess it is reindexing (not reinstalling) ... the database .. which takes a while ... (up to several minutes .. unless you have to few ram .. than it takes lot longer)
Bad experience.
Why not show a special message while reindexing, just like the "transaction scanning" message? The time needed for reindex is expected to be long, but an average user doesn't know that.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
that's new to me ..

I guess it is reindexing (not reinstalling) ... the database .. which takes a while ... (up to several minutes .. unless you have to few ram .. than it takes lot longer)

Yeah. It is just loading really really slow. I am using a live USB so maybe that could be why. (Slow read and write times on a USB)
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
that's new to me ..

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I compiled the latest version of the BTS client on my linux mint OS (live usb). After I started the program, it crashed and gave me a corrupt database error and the client wanted me to reset and reinstall the database which I clicked. Then it opened the client and now it has been stuck at the "Finished Connecting. Launching Bitshares" stage for the last 20 minutes.

Is this a known issue?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi