Author Topic: Community Marketing Newsletter - 12 - 09 - 1  (Read 3260 times)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

A huge thank you goes out to everyone on Nullstreet that devotes time to helping push the community driven marketing.

Kudos to Method-X for getting the Nullstreet initiative started. So many wonderful projects that are currently being executed.

+5%  He's doing an impressive job.  His head's in the right place and he's leading effectively. 

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
A huge thank you goes out to everyone on Nullstreet that devotes time to helping push the community driven marketing.

Kudos to Method-X for getting the Nullstreet initiative started. So many wonderful projects that are currently being executed.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Thanks for putting this together, good job  +5%

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Sent out a few informal tweets to writers that posted a recent Bitcoin article, already getting hits and passing it on to marketing.  I have a good feeling about our upcoming marketing drives. Once we have an easy to use client, watch out. All the great work everyone on Nullstreet is doing with their marketing lists and those willing to execute the calls will be worth it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:16:06 am by hpenvy »
=============

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Coinbase ... another step in proposing some type of gateway relationship... a proposal request was issued.

bitUSD video ... 2 separate bitUSD videos are being developed

ATM .... we have the option to add bitUSD to one of the largest Bitcoin ATM providers.

You guys are just fantastic. just fantastic! I cant wait to hear that Coinbase and ATMs come to fruition.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
can you guys put this newsletter on reddit too?

well done .. +5%

Offline Pheonike

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Introduction

This was a big week for everyone involved in marketing. Take a few minutes and catch-up with all the different projects on NullStreet.

Progress in South America

Matt608 updates us on our progress in South America.

"Matias (elmato) from Latincoin and Frank (fran2k) are running the meet up events. This is the first in a series of Bitshares meetups in the Bitcoin Embassy in Buenos Aires and in other locations, including neighboring countries, such as Uruguay and Chile. The aim is to plant 'seeds' so that these meetups will continue to happen on their own. There will be bitUSD and bitGOLD giveaways at these events as well as online giveaways to Argentine bitcoin groups including on reddit an facebook. The first meetup event will be filmed. We are also also looking at region wide possibilities on remittances."

http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Argentina/events/219090827/

Coindesk 4 Month Archive

Sometimes sleepless nights turn into moments of inspiration. Last week I created a Google Doc of about 100 companies mentioned on Coindesk in the last 4 months that might be of interest to BitShares. I sent out initial contacts and received solid leads which were passed on to the marketing department. One of the responses was from a business developer from Coinbase.

I will continue to keep the list updated on Nullstreet for our marketing team to make direction contacts in the future.

Shift To Non-Tech Markets

Bytemaster recently wrote about marketing efforts outside of the traditional Bitcoin environment.

" I'm going to be doing talks like this and interviews like this - video blogs - to describe the philosophy and the potential for what this system can be. And that's going to be marketed and directed toward those user communities, everyone from Alex Jones to Lew Rockwell, to all the Youtube videos about conspiracy theories and anti-banking. Everyone who wants change in the world, who's got a libertarian bent, is going to be directed toward our philosophy and be encouraged to join as an early adopter."

The community marketing team has already started listing websites, blogs, podcasts and social media for this initiative to assist. JWF is leading the Liberty section and Mira is handling precious metals.

Coinbase - Gateway Document

Insomnia pays off. During my massive Coindesk email campaign, I heard back from someone in Business Development from Coinbase. Although it's not Bitshare's first contact with Coinbase, it did help us take another step in proposing some type of gateway relationship.  Bytemaster must have said the right things, a proposal request was issued.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12050.0

Beyond Bitcoin - Delegate Highlight

If you're not familiar with the Mumble sessions from Beyond Bitcoin, now's your time to learn about one of the primary tools of communication within our community.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10616.0

Please take a minute to review their recordings, donate if you feel it's enriched your life and support their delegate so the volunteers that have already done so much can be compensated.

Welcoming Stacey

Method-X "This is one of my closest and most trusted friends. Her name is Stacey, she's into crypto and she would love to do a video on getting hired by the blockchain. I think a female face like hers would attract a lot of attention from the crypto community (99% male). We'll begin working on the video around mid December..."

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12078.0

As a community, you asked for more grass roots marketing. I welcome anyone that wants to donate their time and passion to BitShares, I hope you do too.

Community Marketing Newsletter Break

I will be away from December 19th - January 9th.  If someone is willing to handle the weekly updates while I'm gone, that would be a huge help.

CME Virtual Conference Booth

Robrigo gives an update from his time representing BitShares at the Virtual Conference Booth.

"Running the booth at CryptoMoneyExpo was both fun and productive. I was able to chat with students, writers, and other attendees about some of the features that separate BitShares from other projects, such as hiring workers via paid positions as delegates and how market pegged assets are created on chain.

The debut of Bitmarket's project episode 1 was also aired on both days of the expo as slot on the speaker agenda, giving attendees that were there for the viewing a better grasp of the potential and use cases of BitShares."

Video Project

Bitmarket's video project is getting closer to a release date. From the review of his first video, I'm excited about the direction of the project and look forward to reporting about it soon.

bitUSD video

2 separate bitUSD videos are being developed by Brian and Matt608. Cass has agreed to lend help to both projects.

Thunderclap Campaign

G1ng3rBr34dM4n's Thunderclap campaign:

"The Thunderclap campaign is currently in draft mode and will be targeting the 'cryptosphere' from the perspective of getting hired on the blockchain.

What I need to complete:

Community input with regards to the size of the campaign (100 supporters vs. 250)

The capability of the campaign i.e. If it will contain campaign analytics to track click-through (an additional $400 for this feature)

Help assembling a list of targets to support this campaign ideally these accounts would have over 1000 followers - these are accounts we should be willing to incentivize for their support and will need additional funding when we get to that point.

Lastly, a target launch date. Are there any dates for the BTS community in particular we should be aware of when launching? We'll need a target date to launch the campaign itself with a target closing date for gaining support and deployment. (last campaign gained 100 supporters in about 11 days)"

ShapeShift Update

The ability to pay any Bitcoin invoice with bitUSD is a big deal. If you're not familiar with this simple to install plugin, take a look at their LENS video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z7U4kU4NJA

According to Toast, ShapeShift is about to begin work on Bitshares in the next few weeks.

Open Bazaar Update - Delegate Highlight

As most already know, Jsidhu is hard at work at completing the 11 e-commerce plugins for BitShares. If elected as a delegate, he's agreed to tackle Open Bazaar.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12027.0

Massive PR Lists

We are working on massive PR lists with contact information from any writer that's ever used the word Bitcoin in an article. 

Reoccurring Payments for Adult - 2 Conferences

You might remember the discussion about low hanging fruit in the high risk merchant area of reoccurring payments. If not, here's a quick refresher.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11045.0

Members of the marketing team are attending 2 of the largest adult industry conferences in January. This is exactly what needs to happen to network with those that matter in their industry.

Method-X Initiatives

After a successful Reddit campaign, Method-X is developing initiatives to help us bridge the gap into the Bitcoin community. I know he has his hands full, I will give a report next newsletter.

ATM

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy bitUSD at a local ATM? Although Bank of America isn't rolling out the red carpet just yet, we have the option to add bitUSD to one of the largest Bitcoin ATM providers.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12035.0

We need development help.

News.AboutBTS.com

If you haven't been to the new website at BitShares.org lately, you are missing out on some great developments. Click on news and explore the great work by CN-Members.

http://www.scoop.it/t/aboubts

Around Bitshares.org

BitShares v0.4.25-RC1 Feedback Requested

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12105.0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:06:52 pm by hpenvy »
=============