Author Topic: account missing/funding problem  (Read 1154 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
rename the bitshares folder that is in %appdata%/roaming

Restart the client

Let it run for one minute or so .. it will create a new bitshares folder for you with empty wallets folder .. do NOT create a new account

Gobto the main menu and choose import wallet backup or so ...

Choose one of the backups from the wallets/default/.backups folder from the folder you renames in the very first step ... enter the passphrase

Open up the wallet by entering the passphrase into the logun thing .. (not sure if thia step is required)

Wait .... at least 60 minutes

Offline micah118

• View Profile
  • BitShares: micah
onceuponatime funded my first try, then I could not find my account. I appeared that I was asigned another "public key" when I imported my backup wallet which is what I thought the problem was. Then overthetop funded that one and told me to be patient.  I can not find my account under my accounts but when try to created a new account with that name ( micah ) it says "invalid account name (20017) This name is already in your wallet!"  I don't know what to do.  I also tried to move money from BETr and don't know where that is either. I think my key is:

BTSX7iFLmoSXjNUkMeGy2ek1ENKu3UZivoAs8SRkETudV8L5AjEqkV

but the other one that was "created when I imported my wallet is:

BTSX7wJHdwn2BMqvCU2Uc8VZVs5BK8nhupqsH482Ayxeb9sthJ4kGu

Does the key code change everytime I import the backup wallet?  any direction would help.

this is the chain of blog posts, I am micah118:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6439.1545