Author Topic: Update from writer * 5-most-important-virtual-currencies-other-bitcoin  (Read 5048 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
They clearly dismissed every nonminable coin.

Any list such as this which doesnt include Ripple and BitShares is way off.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
in this article every none POW coin is ignored, because "mining" is a centrale point of view of the writer.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Primecoin and Darkcoin? Snore.

We either stay completely ignored or look for minor opportunities to educate those that are writing about crypto. I can't blame writers for ignoring us, it's up to the community to do a better job of reaching out whenever possible.  That's how I see it, I've been known to be wrong most days. :)

I think there is plenty of blame for writers who do not do their due diligence before "educating" people.  If you notice, every coin but PPC is Proof of Waste....

Very hard to believe someone who knows about all these coins has no clue about other projects (like bitshares).  If she is able to give the prices and marketcaps of each coin she is almost guaranteed to have run across coinmarketcap and other, similar, platforms and in that case she would have no option but to see bitshares at #4 (well above all but 2 of the stated coins). 

It is not a lack of education.. that is near certain.  They are blatantly misrepresenting the landscape.  And even worse...there is no comments section.

I respect your opinion, however, I will strongly disagree. It's our product, the responsibility is on us.  We can talk about fairness and journalism all day, it won't change the fact that BitShares is often ignored in most articles. Rather than being upset by it, I made a list of over 100 writers that have written about Bitcoin and passed it on to marketing to start building those relationships. I'm a binary type of guy.

ninja edit:

If I was writing the article, I would have done more research like you suggested above. However, the reality doesn't put eyes on our product without us making contacts.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:50:14 am by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline fuzzy

We either stay completely ignored or look for minor opportunities to educate those that are writing about crypto. I can't blame writers for ignoring us, it's up to the community to do a better job of reaching out whenever possible.  That's how I see it, I've been known to be wrong most days. :)

I think there is plenty of blame for writers who do not do their due diligence before "educating" people.  If you notice, every coin but PPC is Proof of Waste....

Very hard to believe someone who knows about all these coins has no clue about other projects (like bitshares).  If she is able to give the prices and marketcaps of each coin she is almost guaranteed to have run across coinmarketcap and other, similar, platforms and in that case she would have no option but to see bitshares at #4 (well above all but 2 of the stated coins). 

It is not a lack of education.. that is near certain.  They are blatantly misrepresenting the landscape.  And even worse...there is no comments section.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:18:06 am by hpenvy »
=============

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Reached out and CC'd Murderistic just as I did for some of the other contacts. I try not to worry about the intention and instead focus on the follow-up. :)
=============

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Only the bitcoin modified first generation coins were mentioned, no surprise.

True, but it doesn't dismiss our obligation to help educate.
=============

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Only the bitcoin modified first generation coins were mentioned, no surprise.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/121014/5-most-important-virtual-currencies-other-bitcoin.asp

Update

"Thanks for the response and information.

It was a limited number this time, will sure cover BitShares in one of my next :) "

This response was also cc'd to Murderistic. We'll make sure to send some good follow-up material.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:10:56 pm by hpenvy »
=============