Author Topic: [FYI] Microsoft now accepts Bitcoin through BitPay  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Frodo03

• View Profile
Strange how BTC demand seems dismal on the open market but there are buyers to move 50,000 BTC via auction.

I've said this before and still believe it to be true - bigger fish are becoming whales and are keeping the spot price down.

If you've done any research on commodities market manipulation (gold, silver etc.) you will know that manipulating the spot price of something as small as BTC is trivial.

I fully expect an all-exchange pump to coincide with ETF release.

Thereafter the whales will probably take serious profits and move into 2.0 tech. Repeat.

How are they keeping the spot price down?
They are not, it is just wishful thinking. Sort of like the wishful thinking that people had this past summer that fall was going to bring Bitcoin price to all new highs and that obviously never materialized.

I remember in June/July being 1000% certain bitcoin was going to the moon in 2 months. I don't even know how I got that delusion in the first place, was probably just the hivemind, but I clearly remember browsing apartments and seriously thinking "hmmmm, now what am I gonna buy with all my millions in 2 months when bitcoin goes to the moon?"

Lol, guess that puts a lot of credit into "The age of altcoins is upon us, and bitshares will win"...

How do you know you're simply not deluded once again? It's interesting browsing through the forums of some of the bigger altcoins/crypto 2.0. Seems like everyone is 1000% sure that the alt they are holding will go to the moon, and then they'll all be millionaires for the rest of their lives. The confirmation bias alone is ridiculous.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Strange how BTC demand seems dismal on the open market but there are buyers to move 50,000 BTC via auction.

I've said this before and still believe it to be true - bigger fish are becoming whales and are keeping the spot price down.

If you've done any research on commodities market manipulation (gold, silver etc.) you will know that manipulating the spot price of something as small as BTC is trivial.

Thereafter the whales will probably take serious profits and move into 2.0 tech. Repeat.

The mysterious 'they' buy X coins off-market and sell Y coins on-market, where X >> Y.

Rallies are clipped, bottoms are bought and sell pressure seems to be just enough to keep things at a simmer.

It wouldn't take much to spark another media-fueled frenzy that, considering how many fiat pipelines have opened up, would get out of control fast.

Of course this all speculation; I have nothing to go one but a feeling.

My feeling is simply that the next leg up is being held back until the ETFs are open for business.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

They are not, it is just wishful thinking. Sort of like the wishful thinking that people had this past summer that fall was going to bring Bitcoin price to all new highs and that obviously never materialized.

I remember in June/July being 1000% certain bitcoin was going to the moon in 2 months. I don't even know how I got that delusion in the first place, was probably just the hivemind, but I clearly remember browsing apartments and seriously thinking "hmmmm, now what am I gonna buy with all my millions in 2 months when bitcoin goes to the moon?"

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline bluebit

• View Profile

BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It gives more confidence to current holders and more people will get involved due this...
It can be only positive for all the crypto community.
If you had the same news for bitshares and Microsoft would you complain for the danger of a down-trend also cause the FIAT>>BTS convert?
I can't follow the negativity regarding news like that, really.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
With this news Bitcoin barely jumped in price. When will people jump/convert into Bitshares? Now that is the real question.

why would msft accepting bitcoin provide a catalyst for an increase in price?? It's more corporate bullshit of converting btc immediately to fiat.  They could care less if bitcoin lives or dies.  It's just another revenue stream for them and in all honestly more of a PR move.  Get excited when they actually hold and pay in bitcoin or any crypto.

I've been in Bitcoin for a long time, so when news first broke out that a company accepted it, the price skyrocketed like crazy, now it's just small bumps. And the bumps keep getting smaller, even though the companies that accept it are bigger. It's very interesting to watch this. Not sure if the price of Bitcoin will curve up or start to plateu and start curving downwards. Everything is indicating a downward pressure.

Offline roadscape

why would msft accepting bitcoin provide a catalyst for an increase in price?? It's more corporate bullshit of converting btc immediately to fiat.  They could care less if bitcoin lives or dies.  It's just another revenue stream for them and in all honestly more of a PR move.  Get excited when they actually hold and pay in bitcoin or any crypto.

This.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The fact that the bitcoin price barely reacted is the strongest sign yet that the era of bitcoin is over. Meanwhile ripple is continuing its crazy rally. The age of altcoins is upon us, and bitshares will win.

My guess is that it will react very positive the next days. The majority of average people will be informed the next days... don't think that everybody is informed like we in light-speed mode, the crazy bitshares supporters...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
With this news Bitcoin barely jumped in price. When will people jump/convert into Bitshares? Now that is the real question.

Totally agree .. the move will imho result in even more downward pressure as people pay stuff there with btc and msft coverts them to fiat ..

Payroll in crypto is the one big thing for crypto ..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:08:14 pm by bluebit »

charleshoskinson

+5% +5% +5%
Apple would rather die....

And they just open sourced .net.....

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Just want to point out that it's Microsoft and not Apple that has chosen to accept bitcoin :)

+5% +5% +5%
Apple would rather die....