Author Topic: Which is the better ROI on 10 PTS: Keyhotee ID or hold?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is the better ROI on 10 PTS: Keyhotee ID or hold?
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 07:32:41 pm »
You will be able to sell your ID. But nobody can tell you the price.
I think that would be like selling some vanity coin-address you created: the buyer will never know if you really deleted the private key to not be able to abuse it.

Maybe the main reason is indeed fame. You will be in the genesis block of Keyhotee. Once and forever. If "forever" = 2 or 200 years nobody can tell.

Offline seraphim

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »
Probably noone will buy the id, because they can't be sure you don't keep the key, or sell it multiple times
Meet you on STEEM

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:25:39 pm »
That is indeed a question.
ID vs Shares are different class of things!

ID gives you reputation so it is good if you plan to work with community.
But you most likely will be able to gain that trust via some other route.

PTS are purely investment and gives you profit, but no fame.

You need to decide for yourself.
Fame or Gold!

You will be able to sell your ID. But nobody can tell you the price.

EDIT:
bytemaster never detach from the keybord ;p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:27:32 pm by hammurabi »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:24:23 pm »
Hey All - I've been following along for almost a month now and even got into mining a few weeks back. 

I initially started mining because I was intrigued in obtaining a Keyhotee ID for 10 PTS.  However, after 2 weeks of mining in the coyote pool, I yielded about 4.5 PTS and I noticed the payout decreased the last several days (I've been off the grid the past week, so forgive my ignorance if this has been talked about as I try to catch up on everything, I noticed bytemaster mentioned something about people dropping from the pool...)

In any case, I THINK I may be able to come up with an additional 5.5 PTS by the projected launch date of New Years (mining + exchange purchases); but my question now is: which choice would have the bigger advantage in the long run, hold the 10 PTS or trade for a genesis block Keyhotee ID?

I don't have the means to buy very many shares like some folks; if I go the  Keyhotee route, that would hypothetically be my entire stash of PTS... is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want long term return on investment keep your PTS... if you want to make a donation to support the development of Keyhotee and the entire eco system then buy an ID to be recognized for it.   IDs have no value except to you. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Which is the better ROI on 10 PTS: Keyhotee ID or hold?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:58:36 pm »
Hey All - I've been following along for almost a month now and even got into mining a few weeks back. 

I initially started mining because I was intrigued in obtaining a Keyhotee ID for 10 PTS.  However, after 2 weeks of mining in the coyote pool, I yielded about 4.5 PTS and I noticed the payout decreased the last several days (I've been off the grid the past week, so forgive my ignorance if this has been talked about as I try to catch up on everything, I noticed bytemaster mentioned something about people dropping from the pool...)

In any case, I THINK I may be able to come up with an additional 5.5 PTS by the projected launch date of New Years (mining + exchange purchases); but my question now is: which choice would have the bigger advantage in the long run, hold the 10 PTS or trade for a genesis block Keyhotee ID?

I don't have the means to buy very many shares like some folks; if I go the  Keyhotee route, that would hypothetically be my entire stash of PTS... is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk