Author Topic: Delegate Proposal: media-delegate  (Read 9312 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Can you provide transparency regarding the 15m conditional BTS rewards brian's team gets and your stake in that?

I ask because bitmarket volunteered to not take a paid delegate because he was already part of that arrangement.

That aside, I will vote for you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In my opinion this requires complete transparency on how AGS were allocated which would answer how much was allocated to Brian and what conditions/goals are associated. Then it is on Brian to state how many funds were allocated to what/who and whether conditions are attached. 

BitShares is about transparency not about nepotism!

Offline GaltReport

What is meant by buying author accounts?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If a delegate isn't enough, you can maybe work with Adam to tap his vesting balance stream in the short term in exchange for some kind of FMV partnership.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Can you provide transparency regarding the 15m conditional BTS rewards brian's team gets and your stake in that?

I ask because bitmarket volunteered to not take a paid delegate because he was already part of that arrangement.

I can only speak to my stake in that agreement.  The agreement was for a sliding scale of rewards based on performance of BTS.  This agreement was between multiple people, me being one of them.

That pretty much secured our consulting, building of marketing funnels, content creation, and all of the other things we will be providing in an ongoing basis essentially hiring us on a conditional basis of only being dispersed to us when certain benchmarks are achieved, and held for a reasonable amount of time.

With my part of the stake, I could gain up to a few million shares of the BTS reward, but we are talking about BTS being well above Bitcoin's today value in marketcap for that to happen. As of right now I have received 2 payments out of a potential of 10 benchmark payments.

As for the paid delegate status, the reason I am making this delegate a paid versus unpaid is the immediate cost of all of the services involved.  If I wanted to get the authorship accounts, buy a couple of banner placements and one month of TV placements right now it would completely wipe out any funds I have been paid to date and then quite a bit more.

With the funds for this delegate, they go to build out the media wing of Bitshares, and enables us to post our own content on these sites, and initiate proactive press and media rather than wait for it to come to us.  There are definite fixed hard costs involved in this process, not only time and opportunity costs.  If there were not fixed hard costs, I would likely opt the same as Bitmarket - but that is not the case.

gonna put you on my slate ..

do you plan to reveal your afk identity?

Yes, I don't mind.

Stan and Dan, Brian, Greg and a few others have met me a few times in person, and we meet weekly on meetings, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
gonna put you on my slate ..

do you plan to reveal your afk identity?

zerosum

That^^
and
that: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11978.0 ( As in input / opinion / info)? ?

Offline onceuponatime

I thought you were working for Brian?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Delegate Information
Pay Rate: 100%
All funds will be used to purchase media buys, increased marketing resources, and compensation for writers, editors and management of all services.
Vote: media-delegate

Summary:
Provide media marketing services and support for the Bitshares platform. 
Shape perception about blockchain based services, Bitshares, companies powered by Bitshares, and companies partnered with Bitshares.
Be proactive in building our image and narrative publicly.
Become an asset for Bitshares to be used to help leverage partnerships.

Delegate block services provided:
Super stable node, updated price feeds

Media service opportunities:
Purchase of author accounts on major publications including:
Business Insider
Entrepreneur
Inc.
Fast Company
Forbes
Huffington Post
Yahoo Finance
Harvard Business Review
TheStreet.com

Once purchased, we will then post content regularly on these sites as we gain access.

Additional media services (as funds become available):
Regular interviews on local, regional, national and international shows.  These will include news segments, interview opportunities and features.
Newspaper and radio coverage.

Paid Media Buy Services:
Banner and ad purchase on Blockchain related sites for the purpose of traffic and branding
Media buys are anywhere from hundred to thousands of dollars per month.  This will later include purchasing email list drops to drive traffic and promotion.

The Details:
Media costs money, especially if we are proactive and build out our own media machine.  I have access to be able to get authorship accounts on major publications, and access to media sources.  As we get traffic to all of these sources, we can leverage the traffic for other marketing initiatives that the core group of marketers for Bitshares is currently working on.  This includes retargeting campaigns, audience building, etc.

Example:
Currently pay for delegates is approximately $2500 USD per month.  Just one author account costs this much or more.  As each month passes, we will apply funds to building out the media presence on each platform based on the current need.

Application of delegate pay will be used to further the Bitshares platform by leveraging authorship accounts on major media sources.  We will write, edit and maintain regular content on each source as we acquire them.  Acquisition of each source will cost money, and many services will require ongoing subscription for service.  As BTS value increases, it will enable us to apply more funds to building out our media presence, and shape the vision presented to the audience in a proactive way, rather than waiting for media to come to us or convincing them they want to be interested.  As we increase exposure on these publications, others will then gravitate toward us with interest in interviews, etc.  This will get the ball rolling.

Ongoing media interviews on news, etc can be ensured, however there is an ongoing price tag tied to this.  With that price tag is ensured media coverage several times per month.  This is phase two, once the BTS value increases and makes more monthly funds available to us. Once the funds are readily available monthly, we will begin this sustained media campaign.

Media buys will take place when there are any funds available to do so.  Media buys are typically one time until you can prove ROI for that buy, then you can scale or make a more permanent purchase to ensure your presence.  Example is a banner buy on a highly trafficked site.  If it goes well we would work out a deal to have continuous presence.

By leveraging these resources and building out our own media marketing machine, we can bring a HIGH VALUE to our potential partners.  Partners will be more inclined to work with us as we can add the value of media attention and discussion about their services and our partnerships with them.  Big selling point here.

Background:
SEO and Marketing since 1999
Founder of multiple seven figure companies
I currently own 2 PR/News submission services
Currently own an internet based marketing company
Public speaker on marketing, SEO, PR and authority building
Highly networked with the internet marketing industry

Current and Future contributions:
Part of the core team of marketers that has been consulting with Bitshares to date - since July 2014
Advising and consulting BM and Bitshares team on marketing initiatives
Meeting with potential partners to establish relationships
Getting legal details of partnership arrangements agreed and facilitated
Funnel creation and implementation for BitUSD and BTS
Media and marketing message for BitUSD and BTS

Obligation To Community:
I pledge complete transparency with the budget.  This will be made available quarterly to the community.
Any personal compensation to myself, my employees I currently employ, or future employees will be reasonable and will be posted publicly for community review.
All funds will be spent with the goal of increasing value of BTS both short term and long term.  Bitshares is the horse I am betting on.

Delegate will be fully registered in the next 24-48 hours.  I already have it up, price feeds enabled, everything ready to rock from a technical standpoint.

I would appreciate your support, and I look forward to providing Bitshares and partners with a superior media service.

I will update this post with additional information as needed/requested.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:17:23 am by Murderistic »