Author Topic: Delegate Proposal: media-delegate  (Read 9317 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Can you provide transparency regarding the 15m conditional BTS rewards brian's team gets and your stake in that?

I ask because bitmarket volunteered to not take a paid delegate because he was already part of that arrangement.

That aside, I will vote for you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Maybe we should consider "freezing" all marketing related  delegate initiatives until the 1.0 wallet  is out and we have the opportunity to evalute the results of the current marketing efforts.

I tend to agree . After these few days , I realized if the wallet of this stage release to the general public it would do us more harm , esp. if somebody lost huge funds because of the bugs .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline GaltReport

Maybe we should consider "freezing" all marketing related  delegate initiatives until the 1.0 wallet  is out and we have the opportunity to evalute the results of the current marketing efforts.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:43:14 pm by GaltReport »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Is the official marketing team really completely oblivious to the fact that there is a large amount of stakeholders who are all very frustrated about the total lack of transparency, total lack of results/any kind of evidence of work, and most of all the total disregard for stakeholder concern? (as evidenced by the stonewalling of every thread trying to bring them up) Especially the chinese community who feel like they are getting shafted again and again with every step (they're the ones getting results, but we're the ones diluting)

People who are already unhappy will see take this attempt at getting even more funds as an insult. This will be the final piece of evidence that proves without a doubt that the objective of those on the marketing team is to extract as much wealth from stakeholders as they possibly can while treading water and making vague promises.

I still don't think you're being deliberately malicious, but making this thread was a really bad move, and I'm fed up.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
as much as i like your delegate proposal it looks (right now) just like this..

1. you are asking for money
2. this money you will put to work
3. hopefully it will work !!!!

BUT

4. after it worked you will get rewarded again with millions of BTS

This is totally wrong!

If you want delegate payment it is fine, but why would you get the reward too?

We could hire with this money a known company and not annonym delegates. At the moment, without transparncy it looks just like leeching some more BTS. You could argue the reward BTS is your profit and the delegate is to pay the campaigns, but who will control that this BTS are not flowing in the pockets of yourself or friends?

Let us talk, what is promised and how would you done it without delegate 100% in the past?

Offline mint chocolate chip

I can only speak to my stake in that agreement.  The agreement was for a sliding scale of rewards based on performance of BTS.  This agreement was between multiple people, me being one of them.

That pretty much secured our consulting, building of marketing funnels, content creation, and all of the other things we will be providing in an ongoing basis essentially hiring us on a conditional basis of only being dispersed to us when certain benchmarks are achieved, and held for a reasonable amount of time.

With my part of the stake, I could gain up to a few million shares of the BTS reward, but we are talking about BTS being well above Bitcoin's today value in marketcap for that to happen. As of right now I have received 2 payments out of a potential of 10 benchmark payments.

As for the paid delegate status, the reason I am making this delegate a paid versus unpaid is the immediate cost of all of the services involved.  If I wanted to get the authorship accounts, buy a couple of banner placements and one month of TV placements right now it would completely wipe out any funds I have been paid to date and then quite a bit more.

With the funds for this delegate, they go to build out the media wing of Bitshares, and enables us to post our own content on these sites, and initiate proactive press and media rather than wait for it to come to us.  There are definite fixed hard costs involved in this process, not only time and opportunity costs.  If there were not fixed hard costs, I would likely opt the same as Bitmarket - but that is not the case.

Since July 2014, can you give us a list of specific things "consulting, marketing funnels, content creation, and all of the other things" you are responsible for? What "content" did you create, what SEO links on the Internet can you specifically say you were able to place there, what article interviews are you responsible for making happen, what funnel, what partnership, what media marketing message?

A list showing what you accomplished over 5.5 months would be much more telling to the community than a list of marketing speak like "Highly networked with the internet marketing industry"- to me that sounds like you discuss Internet marketing as a member of the Warrior Forum.

Offline onceuponatime

Yes, but how does his new company earn profits? How does it acquire funds to pay its expenses? From whence its cash flow? I'm just trying to understand the business model.

That would be for Brian and his partners to disclose as they see fit.

:)

Time for Brian and partners to "see fit" in my opinion.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
With all of the delegate craziness going on today we decided to postpone officially registering this delegate until next week.  We already updated to the new version and have everything ready to go.

Since it costs about 1k to register a delegate right now, I will wait until I see how much support this delegate proposal has before committing funds.

Thanks for your consideration.  Please feel free to direct any questions or expectations about the services were are proposing.

Well people wanted to know your real identity.  That would go a long ways.  People are going to give you a hard time regardless.  I think giving your real identity would let people vet your effectiveness more.

IMO the problem with marketers is that while one hopes they're good at selling the product they're also good at selling themselves.  You guys have a sweet deal in that technically it appears you could do nothing and possibly be paid off huge.  So you need to assuage that fact. 

As I've said before I'll pretty much vote for anyone.  (At this stage and for people who have been around)  I would rather see you guys go forward with resources than without.  Failure costs far more than a tiny % in dilution.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
With all of the delegate craziness going on today we decided to postpone officially registering this delegate until next week.  We already updated to the new version and have everything ready to go.

Since it costs about 1k to register a delegate right now, I will wait until I see how much support this delegate proposal has before committing funds.

Thanks for your consideration.  Please feel free to direct any questions or expectations about the services were are proposing.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
After all, Dan has assured us that he is a tough bargainer.

Yes he is.

Offline onceuponatime

Can you provide transparency regarding the 15m conditional BTS rewards brian's team gets and your stake in that?

I ask because bitmarket volunteered to not take a paid delegate because he was already part of that arrangement.

In my opinion this requires complete transparency on how AGS were allocated which would answer how much was allocated to Brian and what conditions/goals are associated. Then it is on Brian to state how many funds were allocated to what/who and whether conditions are attached. 

BitShares is about transparency not about nepotism!

AGS allocation I have no idea about, as well as any other deal made with anyone other than myself.

Yes. But we need to find out if what you are asking that a paid delegate position to fund was perhaps not to be paid out of the pockets of those standing to gain the big performance payouts. After all, Dan has assured us that he is a tough bargainer.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:03:35 am by onceuponatime »

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
What is meant by buying author accounts?

That means we can then post articles on those sites as a contributor.  You get a good SEO value from it, as well as get credibility and build your brand and perception about your brand.

This is also an asset we can use to leverage partnerships and help our partners and build out our brand long term.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

In my opinion this requires complete transparency on how AGS were allocated which would answer how much was allocated to Brian and what conditions/goals are associated. Then it is on Brian to state how many funds were allocated to what/who and whether conditions are attached. 

AGS allocation I have no idea about, as well as any other deal made with anyone other than myself.

Offline onceuponatime

I agree

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
If a delegate isn't enough, you can maybe work with Adam to tap his vesting balance stream in the short term in exchange for some kind of FMV partnership.

That might be something.  I intended to use these funds to ramp up service as the value increased, or if it says the same build out assets for us to use.