Author Topic: Too many missed and forked blocks due to new wallet  (Read 16989 times)

Offline vikram

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:43:53 pm by vikram »

Offline monsterer

All delegates should downgrade to the last (Hot Fix) 0.4.24.1 immediately to rejoin the majority of users and start confirming that network.   

I *knew* I should have waited for official word.

So, downgrade it is...
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
All users who haven't upgraded to the pre-release are on the minority fork. 

All delegates should downgrade to the last (Hot Fix) 0.4.24.1 immediately to rejoin the majority of users and start confirming that network.   

0.4.25-RC2 had an intractable issue.

Vikram knows the details.   We are working on a new upgrade but want to get the network back to a stable condition for users as soon as possible.   

All valid transactions have been applied to both networks.

You don't mean the delegates that run v0.4.25 I suppose...

Offline bytemaster

All users who haven't upgraded to the pre-release are on the minority fork. 

0.4.25-RC2 had an intractable issue.

Vikram knows the details.   We are working on a new upgrade but want to get the network back to a stable condition for users as soon as possible.   

All valid transactions have been applied to both networks.

Edit by Vikram: Please read https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12207.msg161341#msg161341
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:33:27 pm by vikram »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

I'm thinking maybe I'm on a fork; "get_info" says that delegate participation is 4.43% and I'm stuck downloading blocks at 1246468. Will I have to re-download the blockchain? If so, how do I ensure that I ultimately end up on the right fork?

Or maybe the answers to this question are too complicated and I should just wait for smarter people to fix everything...

run with --rebuild-index first, before you try --resync-blockchain as a last resort.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

my delegates are finally producing again .. sorry for the delay .. was sleeping and have noticed the EARLY!!! hardfork!
also had to switch to a different machine .. I hope the devs can fix the memory leak so that I can swtich back to the original machine ..

Fortunately thanks to all the missed blocks the time of the hardfork has been pushed back by over two hours! ;)

Oh and there's no need to change machines finally, I did so at first but turns out you can reindex and resync just fine with 512mb RAM and a swap. It's the compile part that needs lots of RAM.

Weird. My experience was more like xeroc's. The machine locked up so bad the live delegate was missing blocks.

I saw some unusual crashes at client start taking much CPU just before the crash. Other than this the update went smoothly.

Ya, seems to have gone better for some than others for sure. Network was down to 60% for a bit.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'm thinking maybe I'm on a fork; "get_info" says that delegate participation is 4.43% and I'm stuck downloading blocks at 1246468. Will I have to re-download the blockchain? If so, how do I ensure that I ultimately end up on the right fork?

Or maybe the answers to this question are too complicated and I should just wait for smarter people to fix everything...
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
my delegates are finally producing again .. sorry for the delay .. was sleeping and have noticed the EARLY!!! hardfork!
also had to switch to a different machine .. I hope the devs can fix the memory leak so that I can swtich back to the original machine ..

Fortunately thanks to all the missed blocks the time of the hardfork has been pushed back by over two hours! ;)

Oh and there's no need to change machines finally, I did so at first but turns out you can reindex and resync just fine with 512mb RAM and a swap. It's the compile part that needs lots of RAM.

Weird. My experience was more like xeroc's. The machine locked up so bad the live delegate was missing blocks.

I saw some unusual crashes at client start taking much CPU just before the crash. Other than this the update went smoothly.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

How is that fortunate? We already suffered the most brutal part of hard forks unintentionally, at this point we should want block 1249400 to arrive as soon as possible.

Offline Riverhead

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I think develop should lunch new version in morning in case fatal bug

there are so many translation now , is it normal
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:23:08 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
It will be nice when we dont hard fork as often, and when everything is run for a while first on devshares to prevent this. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

gonna give it a shot ..
redownloading blockchain on it ..
thanks for the hint ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

What a nice surprise you woke up to! :)

So, is the memory leak on-going, or just at re-indexing time?
the client reindexes just fine .. then comes up completely and freezes with 99%CPU and over 2GB ram consumption .. not matter how often I restart the client