Author Topic: Too many missed and forked blocks due to new wallet  (Read 16949 times)

Offline svk

my delegates are finally producing again .. sorry for the delay .. was sleeping and have noticed the EARLY!!! hardfork!
also had to switch to a different machine .. I hope the devs can fix the memory leak so that I can swtich back to the original machine ..

Fortunately thanks to all the missed blocks the time of the hardfork has been pushed back by over two hours! ;)

Oh and there's no need to change machines finally, I did so at first but turns out you can reindex and resync just fine with 512mb RAM and a swap. It's the compile part that needs lots of RAM.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline monsterer

my delegates are finally producing again .. sorry for the delay .. was sleeping and have noticed the EARLY!!! hardfork!
also had to switch to a different machine .. I hope the devs can fix the memory leak so that I can swtich back to the original machine ..

What a nice surprise you woke up to! :)

So, is the memory leak on-going, or just at re-indexing time?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

riverhead-del-server-1 and backbone.riverhead are on the main chain I think now. 77.7% particiption

What about bm.payroll.riverhead ?
Isn't that somewhat important ?

That is in progress (just waiting on sync). It's on a VPS far far away so things are a bit slower. I had already mostly upgraded teh other two last night but fell asleep at the keys around 2am.

Also, missed blocks for bm.payroll.riverhead comes out of my pocket not his :) . BM will not suffer any wage loss due to this issue.

That is strange...
Are the deal parameters public (the deal between you and BM for the delegate) ?

Yes. It's in here somewhere. I'll find it later. Kinda busy right now ;).

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Riverhead

riverhead-del-server-1 and backbone.riverhead are on the main chain I think now. 77.7% particiption

Yup, was in the proposal I posted. I'll find it in a bit, kinda busy right now ;).
That is in progress (just waiting on sync). It's on a VPS far far away so things are a bit slower. I had already mostly upgraded teh other two last night but fell asleep at the keys around 2am.

Also, missed blocks for bm.payroll.riverhead comes out of my pocket not his :) . BM will not suffer any wage loss due to this issue.

That is strange...

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Also, missed blocks for bm.payroll.riverhead comes out of my pocket not his :). BM will not suffer any wage loss due to this issue.

That is strange...

Offline Riverhead

Also, missed blocks for bm.payroll.riverhead comes out of my pocket not his :). BM will not suffer any wage loss due to this issue.

Offline GaltReport

Upgrade to v0.4.25:

delegate1-galt
delegate1.john-galt

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline Riverhead

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
My (standby) delegate a.delegate.abit is running on v0.4.25 now..

"blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "68.71 %"

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline svk

The network is currently having major issues with forks due to the latest client release, go to the home page on bitsharesblocks to get an idea. Delegate participation rate has been down to 60% but is now back to 87% at least, we've had confirmation times of >200s.

I would do, but I'm in a public library where only ports 80 and 443 are open, so no bitsharesblocks for me :|

I guess its a good job that not everyone upgraded, due to being asleep/lazy! :)

I'll get around to fixing that eventually! ;) The problem now is the delegates who are still on v0.4.24 or one of the release candidates for v0.4.25. There is a hardfork coming up in about 8 hours as well, and if your VPS server has less than 4gb of ram you might need to switch servers!

do you need 4GB ram just to build or also to run?

Only to build, I've successfully upgraded my seednode which only has 512mb RAM.

If you build on another computer you'll be fine.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline GaltReport

The network is currently having major issues with forks due to the latest client release, go to the home page on bitsharesblocks to get an idea. Delegate participation rate has been down to 60% but is now back to 87% at least, we've had confirmation times of >200s.

I would do, but I'm in a public library where only ports 80 and 443 are open, so no bitsharesblocks for me :|

I guess its a good job that not everyone upgraded, due to being asleep/lazy! :)

I'll get around to fixing that eventually! ;) The problem now is the delegates who are still on v0.4.24 or one of the release candidates for v0.4.25. There is a hardfork coming up in about 8 hours as well, and if your VPS server has less than 4gb of ram you might need to switch servers!

do you need 4GB ram just to build or also to run?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
delegate.liondani &
jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani

are successfully upgraded to v0.4.25 and
on the main chain  with 70% participation ;)

Offline monsterer

What a total cluster f*ck this entire thing is.

We need to make sure that code is thoroughly reviewed before being pushed to latest.

edit: you could title this whole event: how forum notifications almost brought down the entire network
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads