Author Topic: How do I get my new shares into the new Bitshares wallet?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Thanks for the info biophil.

Wow, that's a lot of shares.  Did some one say you have to divide by some huge number to get the real number of shares?  If so, why is that?

And should all this kind of stuff be documented somewhere, including when we will be able to access these shares?

Oh, and I am still wondering about interest.  Are there any Bit assets that do or will earn interest?

Brent

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Yes, you're getting more shares over the next 2 years, but they're not available yet. You can take a peek at how many you're getting by importing your PTS and AGS wallets and then running the wallet_check_sharedrop command in the BTS wallet console.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

I see there was a snapshot for Bitshares DNS, Bitshares VOTE, and a latter one for Bitshares Music.  I had Bitshares during all of these snapshots, so how, when will I get my new shares?  I also have significant Angle Shares, so when will I get the new merged Bitshares for my Angel Shares?  I also hear rumors that I will not be able to access these shares for a period of time?  Is all this documented somewhere; I can’t seem to find it.

I also hear a lot of stuff about stuff earning interest.  When, or what is that?  When will I get some interest?  Will we ever get interest on the BitUSD I am holding?....

In the wiki how to page, there is a description of how to “Attempting a wallet import to receive BTSX from February 28th snapshot”:

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to#Attempting_a_wallet_import_to_receive_BTSX_from_February_28th_snapshot

But I don’t see how to do this process in a current wallet.  Does anyone know how to do this in a current wallet?