Author Topic: Absolute Newbie Question about obtaining bitshares  (Read 2279 times)

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile

btc38: deposits and withdraw of BTS is not allowed. They mention some bug-fixing. They will open it when it is fixed (may be within a day).

btc38 BTS withdrawal is working. After a few 'system is busy' messages got 'success' and got BTS in my account withing a minute. You need to provide a registered bitshare account name to which the funds are sent.

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
Bter:  Withdraw of BTS from bter is disabled at the moment. They say they will enable it but don't say when.

btc38: deposits and withdraw of BTS is not allowed. They mention some bug-fixing. They will open it when it is fixed (may be within a day).

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
bter.com and btc38.com

BTW, I do not think Cryptsy trades BTS. Did you buy something else there? PTS maybe?

Excellent, thanks for the link, and yes I think you are correct about what I did.
The downside to btc38 is that you seem to have to have a Facebook account... that sucks... not a very secure idea.

If you don't want to use facebook, Bter only requires an email address to sign up.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline crux

• View Profile
bter.com and btc38.com

BTW, I do not think Cryptsy trades BTS. Did you buy something else there? PTS maybe?

Excellent, thanks for the link, and yes I think you are correct about what I did.
The downside to btc38 is that you seem to have to have a Facebook account... that sucks... not a very secure idea.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:48:06 pm by crux »

Offline crux

• View Profile
Welcome to Bitshares!

I dont think Cryptsy actually sells BTS. Perhaps you bought PTS - thats a fundraising token.

Most people get BTS from bter.com - Ive bought from there.

And yes the account key in the bitshares app is used for receiving shares. But I think bter requires that you register a username on the BTS blockchain before they let you withdrawl. There is a thread around here where you can post your account key and get some free BTS to register a username.

Thanks for the welcome.
Yes that's probably what I did. Just did what you suggested.

zerosum

bter.com and btc38.com

(http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html   for the English version)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Welcome to Bitshares!

I dont think Cryptsy actually sells BTS. Perhaps you bought PTS - thats a fundraising token.

Most people get BTS from bter.com - Ive bought from there.

And yes the account key in the bitshares app is used for receiving shares. But I think bter requires that you register a username on the BTS blockchain before they let you withdrawl. There is a thread around here where you can post your account key and get some free BTS to register a username.

Offline crux

• View Profile
Hi all, I got to know about bitshares from Letstalkbitcoin. I bought some on Cryptsy, before I knew better, and then attempted to transfer them to the bitters app but found it impossible. This could be because of a basic misunderstanding on my part, i.e. the "key" in bitshares app is not a send too address? or something else regarding cryptsy. SO I sold them again and am now looking for a reliable and recommended source to purchase some.
I would appreciate any information regarding either a reliable exchange or other reliable ways of obtaining shares.
Thanks in anticipation.
Crux