Author Topic: Forum Traffic is Up  (Read 4362 times)

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Check out the general discussion board of our only real competitor: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/

The bitshares community is big, and it's active. The Chinese community is likely as big as the entire english speaking community, and much bigger if you measure net worth, so what we experience here is just the tip of the iceberg. We've already been through a lot, just in the past few months, yet we have managed to stay very coherent and maintained solidarity. 1-3 months from now when the protocol is ready, full node GUI is ready, mobile wallet is ready, devshares are ready, marketing gets sorted out, then we'll be heading for some very good times.

I would say our competitors are also people like BitReserve, despite being centralised are still a threat to the BitAsset brand, they've also got a $100 million+ valuation already. Also guys like Ethereum and potentially Ripple or something that comes out of that.

BitShares requires some re-allocation of resources from complacency, cheerleading and metaphors to action, advertising and talent imo.
+5%

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Ive seen the forum go from 5000 members to 8000 in 4 months, thats amazing.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
Google trends at an all time high.  It just broke above the august peak.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitshares&cmpt=q
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:47:09 am by Helikopterben »

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Think about all the money that could be available for development once BTS goes to $0.10/share (approx. $10grand /month per delegate) or how about $1 a share (approx $1.2 million/ year per delegate!, possibly over $100 million a year total !!!). There is literally no other project that can even approach this kind of continual support potential. Hell, we should be able to lobby congress with this kind of dough. I wonder when we will see the first "k street" delegate campaign.  :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:58:30 pm by crypto_prometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Check out the general discussion board of our only real competitor: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/

The bitshares community is big, and it's active. The Chinese community is likely as big as the entire english speaking community, and much bigger if you measure net worth, so what we experience here is just the tip of the iceberg. We've already been through a lot, just in the past few months, yet we have managed to stay very coherent and maintained solidarity. 1-3 months from now when the protocol is ready, full node GUI is ready, mobile wallet is ready, devshares are ready, marketing gets sorted out, then we'll be heading for some very good times.

I would say our competitors are also people like BitReserve, despite being centralised are still a threat to the BitAsset brand, they've also got a $100 million+ valuation already. Also guys like Ethereum and potentially Ripple or something that comes out of that.

BitShares requires some re-allocation of resources from complacency, cheerleading and metaphors to action, advertising and talent imo.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:59:22 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Hawk the metrics!  +5%

Few guys over at Nullstreet being absolute badasses. We are still in depression but starting to believe. Slowly generating and amplifying our own light. Fusion engines heating up; ready for full 1.0 thrust.  :D

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
In the past couple months I've given this forum thousands of page views, while giving only a handful to NXT, PPC, NuShares, and others.  Indeed, our activity is far outpacing those others

And yet, still, so few people out there really know anything about bitshares. 

I feel like we have a good sized, very very passionate core group, who lives and breaths bitshares.  And that is why we are surviving during this crypto bear market, because this core group keeps it going strong.

But we have not yet penetrated the collective consciousness of crypto enthusiasts, in the way that most older coins have.  Everyone who is into crypto could probably tell you something about Dogecoin or NXT, but most of them couldnt tell you anything about bitshares.

This is what we need to change with our marketing.

+5%  +5%

I'm guessing page views can be misleading, we clearly have a very small but involved core community. November was our lowest new topics, posts and members month since June. We only had 122 'most online today' considering we have 101 paid delegates & a strong Chinese community that says a lot.

According to Alexa.com, BitSharestalk.org is ranked lower than  Ripple, LiteCoin, NXT, Dogecoin, Stellar etc.

Either our product is weak  or our low Western penetration is the fault of Western marketing, advertising & PR. Clearly, as you said it's the latter & not for lack of spending either.

I think things will improve but mainly thanks to the community marketing team. It's a slight hyperbole but I feel they've made more tangible progress with $2000 in two weeks than I've seen in the entire preceding year.

I'm starting to have confidence as a shareholder again and it's mainly thanks to finally having a few people present who even if I don't always agree with, I can see at least understand the basics of marketing, advertising and PR. In the case of a few they are real talents.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:55:43 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Yes, also the polls where someone will ask "what altcoin is best for <whatever>".  And its clearly something where bitshares would be one of the top 3 answers if you had a clue what all was out there.  And then they dont even include it, and they include some random older coins that dont even do the thing they are asking about.

It is quite striking.  I think maybe the fact that the forum is so successful here that we've lost out on a lot of cross-pollination. 

Was it that BTSX was launched relatively late and people had already formed their tribes ?

Storaj and maidsafe have things that appeal to your everyday geek (if anyone knows what I mean..)  Personally I have little interest in them except as some sort of backbone infrastructure provider.  Is it that these things have a hook that most geeks get?  Are trader/investment geeks all doing their own thing elsewhere? 

I used to think Ethereum was our competitor but is amazing how far behind we are in being recognized.  You'd think people would have learned about volatility and have a greater appreciation for bitAssets.

Fortunately I suspect our marketing which has just recently started to wind up already dwarfs that of every other altcoin.  Our marketing likely dwarfs the sum of several top altcoins.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline testz

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yes, also the polls where someone will ask "what altcoin is best for <whatever>".  And its clearly something where bitshares would be one of the top 3 answers if you had a clue what all was out there.  And then they dont even include it, and they include some random older coins that dont even do the thing they are asking about.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
In the past couple months I've given this forum thousands of page views, while giving only a handful to NXT, PPC, NuShares, and others.  Indeed, our activity is far outpacing those others

I feel like we have a good sized, very very passionate core group, who lives and breaths bitshares.  And that is why we are surviving during this crypto bear market, because this core group keeps it going strong.

But we have not yet penetrated the collective consciousness of crypto enthusiasts, in the way that most older coins have.  Everyone who is into crypto could probably tell you something about Dogecoin or NXT, but most of them couldnt tell you anything about bitshares.

This is so true. I started a post earlier about a poll on a neutral moderated site the aborted because I found myself being negative again.  It was a "most innovative" poll.  DRK is #1 altcoin with 15 votes and Bitshares 0. 

After some discussion it seems like DRK's only innovation is anonymity (which is a HUGE one).  To me that is crazy.  Storaj, Maidsafe... all had 5-8 votes.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Every one of your Proposal threads causes us to check several times per day.  ;)

No, seriously, this is the place to be. BitShares is so much more dynamic and promising than those other coins. You have struck a rare balance between planning and decentralization. BitShares is decentralized, but far more cohesive than anything else in terms of goals and structure. On those other chains, it's just developers creating things willy nilly.

BitShares is a clean, well-planned downtown with beautiful architecture, supporting goals and providing attributes the community has agreed it wants and will use.

And on the edge of town are the strip malls and road signs. There may be a few gems in there, but there's a lot of trash and no cohesive vision.