Author Topic: On-going share drops to cover BitShares inflation  (Read 1235 times)

Offline jamesc

Is it my topic?   Yea that is it..  Or too early for this..

Offline jamesc

New clones are expected to share drop to AGS and(or) PTS holders to pay for having created the software in the beginning.  That makes since to me ( even if I were not one of those contributors ).  Even as we advance along piling on new work, the original holders incurred the most risk and made it all possible.

Moving forward we did the best thing we could have done in my view.  We added a conservative inflation rate to pay for it.  Now that we have introduced inflation into the new development (marketing etc..) side of the platform, it only makes since to allow our clones (aka competition) to instead become our customers!  It is so cheap too, it is a division of the costs paid through there own inflation model.   I suggest that the platform itself is a non-profit and that the rate will only cover 100%.  This will lesson the burden on new clones proportional to the number of new clones.  Additionally new clones will purchase and inherit the "feature" too and be able to attract clones that will serve to offset there own inflation cost.

A simple annual adjustment to this could make it easier to implement.  It does not have to be perfect, just work out over time so it is always 100%.  Maybe something can be worked out ( or programmed ) so that only paid delegates gather up credits and submit them to prevent the the BTS from being printed...  What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:33:16 am by jcalfee1 »