Author Topic: Is the Official Marketing Team Sleeping?  (Read 27895 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. Nothing can be marketed until version 187.5.1 comes out in Q4 2035. I can't tell you what that push is or what strategy we are using because someone else might steal the ideas and run with it in the meantime. All I can tell you is we are planning to coincide our marketing push along with the first manned mission to Mars and we will launch BitMARS at the same time. BitMARS will be a decentralized cryptoPlanet. Kind of like a real planet, but on a blockchain. The first of its kind. Buying BitMARS will give you ownership rights to a piece of property on Mars. How will this work? Well, as long as most of the then 10 billion people on earth buy it, majority consensus will override any government action to take it from them/us. It will be traded through BitReserves platform because in all reality, they will have a bigger network and marketing effect than Bitshares as we await the release of their first product BitOiL, scheduled for release in 2030. How dumb of BitReserve to market something before they even have a product?

And that new Star Wars movie must be completely finished and ready to go since they already started marketing it. Right? Maybe it's not done and Disney doesn't know what the F*** they are doing. How dare they market something that won't be released until Q4 2015?

lolololol...We seriously need some good news soon or else Marketing will have to attract new shareholders from scratch... We don't need  to go to $20 mil market cap and screw the existing hodlers for Marketing to launch...
Pls. let's not become like NXT where every time NXT was dropping people spread "joy" about better distribution and how good this is...BTS should not be at this market cap now..This is depressing and there is no excuse...And even more depressing is that most people still don't know and don't care about BTS...

Offline onceuponatime

It is critical that we have enough early adopters to help out when mass adoption begins.

+5% This right here. It's essential we have more early adopters if we ever hope to cross the chasm.

I'd rather focus on positive things now, such as:  Everyone who has not yet done so, NEEDS to go vote for matt608's argentina marketing delegate.  I am certain that the value per dollar spent on his campaign will be much greater than the official marketing.

argentina-marketing.matt608

Please vote him in. Do it today.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Really? Check out Bitreserve. They just started, and are already running away with BitGOLD and BitOIL with no product.

Yup, and way more people know about Etherum than know about bitshares, and Ethereum doesnt even exist yet.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

sumantso

i think marketing is all that can be done ... with an alfa wallet

Really? Check out Bitreserve. They just started, and are already running away with BitGOLD and BitOIL with no product.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I feel that if bitshares had the ethereum marketing team instead, we wouldve surpassed bitcoin already.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I am going to let them know they have to manage their own PR as well.

Brian will be here this week so I will pressure him.

Translation:

我会让他们(Brian)管理他们自己的公关形象。
Brian这个星期会来这里,我会给他增加压力。

+5%

I think the biggest low hanging fruit that could improve bitshares right now would be dissolving the official marketing team. Bitmarket is solid and doing real work, and should stay. I think this is due to the fact that he found the community on his own and the thing that primarily drives him is his passion for crypto.

Brian and murderistic seem to be motivated only by money, as evidenced by the fact that they haven't spent any of the millions of BTS given to them from the AGS fund, and murderistic even thought it would be appropriate to make a new delegate and ask for MORE funds! Me and and literally every person I've spoken to personally in this community would feel so much better if they were absolved of their duties and the AGS funds were either given to someone else, or just burned and thus given back to the community (who can manage funding on its own through the vastly superior system of delegate funding anyway).

I'd even be happy if Brian simply got to keep all the millions of BTS he has already received. I just don't think its good for this community to rely on him in any way any more. It's more a question of respect and loyalty to the community than anything else, and I think it has been proven beyond any doubt that he simply doesn't posses it. Even if he suddenly started delivering (which at this point I highly doubt) as a stakeholder I wouldn't feel comfortable having him in a position of trust in the community.

I think this is how 99% of the community feels. The reason why there has been so relatively little dissent (considering how strongly people feel this) is because more than anything else this community trusts bytemaster. But it's time to face reality and realize that Brian and murderistic have to go, no matter how hard and uncomfortable it is to admit.

There's nothing I can say to improve upon Rune's articulation - I agree completely.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
It is critical that we have enough early adopters to help out when mass adoption begins.

+5% This right here. It's essential we have more early adopters if we ever hope to cross the chasm.

Agreed, we could have been having marketing focused at getting more core early adopters, during this time before 1.0 released.

I frequently see things like press releases from CoinTelegraph (on CMC), which discuss some positive development in another coin.  Or even fricking bitReserve!  And I think:  We already have something better than that!  Why does not one report on anything about bitshares?  Why does no one seem to care?

I'd rather focus on positive things now, such as:  Everyone who has not yet done so, NEEDS to go vote for matt608's argentina marketing delegate.  I am certain that the value per dollar spent on his campaign will be much greater than the official marketing.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. Nothing can be marketed until version 187.5.1 comes out in Q4 2035. I can't tell you what that push is or what strategy we are using because someone else might steal the ideas and run with it in the meantime. All I can tell you is we are planning to coincide our marketing push along with the first manned mission to Mars and we will launch BitMARS at the same time. BitMARS will be a decentralized cryptoPlanet. Kind of like a real planet, but on a blockchain. The first of its kind. Buying BitMARS will give you ownership rights to a piece of property on Mars. How will this work? Well, as long as most of the then 10 billion people on earth buy it, majority consensus will override any government action to take it from them/us. It will be traded through BitReserves platform because in all reality, they will have a bigger network and marketing effect than Bitshares as we await the release of their first product BitOiL, scheduled for release in 2030. How dumb of BitReserve to market something before they even have a product?

And that new Star Wars movie must be completely finished and ready to go since they already started marketing it. Right? Maybe it's not done and Disney doesn't know what the F*** they are doing. How dare they market something that won't be released until Q4 2015?

Lool

Offline Pheonike

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think the biggest low hanging fruit that could improve bitshares right now would be dissolving the official marketing team.

Come on, man. We haven't even seen their work yet. All we've heard is that this marketing team's got tons of stuff ready to go and is waiting for a 1.0 client. Make this judgment after that. And as far as I'm concerned, in the meantime, let's vote in some good marketing delegates as well.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline onceuponatime

better not promote too much until devs finish 1.0 wallet ... better for no create scamed people (maybe some people is desiring have problems to start launch shit arround)

you can see outthere how improbement grows in all coins, i pruffer make changes (add code time tons of work to change wiki, web, forum etc) than release a not functional old finished product.

have plenty faith in team and his vision of how to.

100% confidence  8)

There is plenty of marketing that can be done to early adopters. Yes, mass marketing to non-tech people needs to wait for v1.0, but that is not a valid excuse to do absolutely nothing to start  getting the early adopters in. It is critical that we have enough early adopters to help out when mass adoption begins.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx

better not promote too much until devs finish 1.0 wallet ... better for no create scamed people (maybe some people is desiring have problems to start launch shit arround)

you can see outthere how improbement grows in all coins, i pruffer make changes (add code time tons of work to change wiki, web, forum etc) than release a not functional old finished product.

have plenty faith in team and his vision of how to.

100% confidence  8)
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
There's some stuff that can't be done until 1.0 is released, but there's PLENTY of other stuff to do in the meantime. Just check out Nullstreet....

The lack of communication (or PR, as BM calls it) from the marketing team is concerning, but so is the lack of ACTION. There were a million issues brought up with the new Bitshares.org like a month ago and nothing has been changed at all....that's a HUGE issue that's not very difficult to resolve....what has the team been doing with its time??

My thoughts exactly! The inaction on the website is especially shameful. Like you said, the active marketing campaign can't really begin until 1.0, but any passive informational marketing resource like the website needs to be providing the best information possible for people who happen to discover it in the mean time.