Author Topic: Is the Official Marketing Team Sleeping?  (Read 27542 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Official:

adjective
1. relating to an authority or public body and its duties, actions, and responsibilities.

noun
1. a person holding public office or having official duties, especially as a representative of an organization or government department.

----

We are doing us all a disservice to use the word 'Official' in reference to this particular marketing team.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I think the biggest low hanging fruit that could improve bitshares right now would be dissolving the official marketing team. Bitmarket is solid and doing real work, and should stay. I think this is due to the fact that he found the community on his own and the thing that primarily drives him is his passion for crypto.

Brian and murderistic seem to be motivated only by money, as evidenced by the fact that they haven't spent any of the millions of BTS given to them from the AGS fund, and murderistic even thought it would be appropriate to make a new delegate and ask for MORE funds! Me and and literally every person I've spoken to personally in this community would feel so much better if they were absolved of their duties and the AGS funds were either given to someone else, or just burned and thus given back to the community (who can manage funding on its own through the vastly superior system of delegate funding anyway).

I'd even be happy if Brian simply got to keep all the millions of BTS he has already received. I just don't think its good for this community to rely on him in any way any more. It's more a question of respect and loyalty to the community than anything else, and I think it has been proven beyond any doubt that he simply doesn't posses it. Even if he suddenly started delivering (which at this point I highly doubt) as a stakeholder I wouldn't feel comfortable having him in a position of trust in the community.

I think this is how 99% of the community feels. The reason why there has been so relatively little dissent (considering how strongly people feel this) is because more than anything else this community trusts bytemaster. But it's time to face reality and realize that Brian and murderistic have to go, no matter how hard and uncomfortable it is to admit.

Offline fuzzy

Just came here to say that bitmarket has been doing good work so far.

Agreed--though I believe Brian should probably get some credit if it is true he enlisted BitMarket.  I just hope that Brian is more working on business relationships behind the scenes.  In that case I could see his being relatively silent to keep others in the crypto-sphere from approaching the same people.

Anymore it feels like i'm grasping at straws though as I continue to hear chatter from the community--like I said before, ignoring the community leaves a lot of room for assuming the worst.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:04:45 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Let us launch other initiatives and assume nothing will come from the 'official' marketing.

That is what fran2k + elmato and I are going to do with the 3 month Argentina campaign.  It's time to vote for it if you want it.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Just came here to say that bitmarket has been doing good work so far.

Offline matador123

• View Profile
There's some stuff that can't be done until 1.0 is released, but there's PLENTY of other stuff to do in the meantime. Just check out Nullstreet....

The lack of communication (or PR, as BM calls it) from the marketing team is concerning, but so is the lack of ACTION. There were a million issues brought up with the new Bitshares.org like a month ago and nothing has been changed at all....that's a HUGE issue that's not very difficult to resolve....what has the team been doing with its time??

Offline fuzzy

I am going to let them know they have to manage their own PR as well.

Brian will be here this week so I will pressure him.

+5%

We can always bring him on for hangouts.  I think it would be an hour of his time well worth it.  When people don't see someone around at all, they tend to assume the worst.  A little community interaction, I believe, will go a LONG way :)

Yes because right now it appears they have far more better things to do than take care of their part time work in BitShares . ::)

Can't disagree really.  It does kind of suck that the official marketing team has difficulty marketing themselves to the community...and honestly not a good sign.  I don't like to say this because I want to believe the best in this case, but save bitmarket and his recent work the official marketing team has really suffered from a growing divide between the community and themselves (himself?) that was largely unnecessary.  There has been plenty of opportunity to interface with the community and keep people's spirits up at the very least. 

I don't expect them to give away the secret sauce, but it seems to be a growing consensus behind the scenes that our community has been played.  I don't know what else to say except that I have to ultimately wait and see just like everyone else.  I will definitely say though that I understand the overall level of frustration.   

+5%  You shouldn't have to but thanks.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:13:23 pm by fuzzy »

Offline hotpotato

• View Profile

+5%

We can always bring him on for hangouts.  I think it would be an hour of his time well worth it.  When people don't see someone around at all, they tend to assume the worst.  A little community interaction, I believe, will go a LONG way :)

Yes because right now it appears they have far more better things to do than take care of their part time work in BitShares . ::)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:29:16 pm by hotpotato »

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile

+5% +5% +5%

The hangout he made (er... a long time ago...) was mouth watering. What was planned seemed huge (even though I don't remember well), and I think it's wise to wait for a 1.0 wallet before starting. But Brian really should have been much more present here... Please, by all means, make that hangout happen !
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Offline bytemaster

Translation:

我会让他们(Brian)管理他们自己的公关形象。
Brian这个星期会来这里,我会给他增加压力。
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:49:53 pm by cn-members »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

lzr1900

It's the Chinese team who have been commendable so far and now Method-X and his Nullstreet crew show a lot of promise but it has to be Brian and his professional team who need to buck up and start leading from the front .As a ags/pts/bts holder I implore you to Do Your Job!

I think BM has them on a result base reward, the result being coinmarketcap. So basically they profited off the Chinese team's hard work till now, and going to earn from Nullstreet's work.

Why bother when others are working to get you your reward?
good point

Offline zmzm577

• View Profile

Offline vladvlad

• View Profile
I think the situation with the official marketing team is very worrysome. They don't even bother communicating.

sumantso

It's the Chinese team who have been commendable so far and now Method-X and his Nullstreet crew show a lot of promise but it has to be Brian and his professional team who need to buck up and start leading from the front .As a ags/pts/bts holder I implore you to Do Your Job!

I think BM has them on a result base reward, the result being coinmarketcap. So basically they profited off the Chinese team's hard work till now, and going to earn from Nullstreet's work.

Why bother when others are working to get you your reward?