Author Topic: Thanks for the news letter Stan - but help im lost!  (Read 7415 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
As i understood it protoshares where going to lead to bitshares but no mention of that in the news letter. Bitusd was going to be released after that. We were going to automatically get a share in all blockchains created but now i understand we are to use our PTS to buy into new DAC's.

As I understood, 3I(Invictus) only can guarantee that protoshares holders get 1:1 share in blockchain released by 3I, not all the new DAC's. I also read the news letter, I think the model it discussed is a suggestion model to operate for non-Invictus DACs (including 1:1 just like 3I, or using grandchildren of PTS). If I'm wrong, Stan, please correct me.

The point of the DAC Angels Rising article is that there are many degrees of freedom for launching a DAC and when proposing a new DAC to potential Angel investors it is important to be clear - especially in defining how stock in the company gets distributed.  In particular:
  • What percent of the total money supply goes to ProtoShareholders?   Invictus maps 1:1, 2M PTS to 10% of supply.
  • What percent of the total money supply goes to Angel investors?       We may try several formulas in future DACs.
  • What percent of the total money supply goes to long term mining?     We may try several formulas in future DACs.
  • What percent of the total money supply goes to other innovations?     We can't rule out innovations now can we?
Note that these other categories have no affect on our promised 1:1 ProtoShareholder stake.  Its just a question about how the remaining 90% is structured to meet the unique business objectives of each DAC.  Mine out over 100 years?  Hold a big lottery or a series of lotteries?  Who knows what a DAC designer may choose?  The market will reward those who choose wisely.   :)

Other start-ups are of course free to play with all these numbers.  We just suggest that before people start investing, each unsolicited proposal to the Angel community should make it clear (a) how the money supply will be allocated, (b) what "parent(s)" your DAC will inherit from, and (c) under what social contract, if any.

If you need investors, then let them decide whether they want to invest under your carefully considered terms. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Thanks for your replies HackFisher and wngdng77. My real point is this is hard to keep up with for those that are not able to spend an hour or moor a day dedicated to this forum and that a thread with bullet points of where we are now would keep investors with little time both happy and keen to invest moor not sell.

Do you agree with me on that?

We are working with Brian and Super3 to boil our message down to something simple...  as you can tell we have a very open development model and share our ideas as fast as we can.  Clarity takes time.   A normal company would spend months planning a simple message and then releasing it in a controlled way.  We have basically given out the rough draft.

Personally, I'm a big fan of this openness. I'd rather have a rough idea of what's going to happen, then keep up with the updates on the project than have to wait for the final press release to have a clue about what's going on
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline bytemaster

Thanks for your replies HackFisher and wngdng77. My real point is this is hard to keep up with for those that are not able to spend an hour or moor a day dedicated to this forum and that a thread with bullet points of where we are now would keep investors with little time both happy and keen to invest moor not sell.

We are working with Brian and Super3 to boil our message down to something simple...  as you can tell we have a very open development model and share our ideas as fast as we can.  Clarity takes time.   A normal company would spend months planning a simple message and then releasing it in a controlled way.  We have basically given out the rough draft.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

Offline dacer

• View Profile
All ProtoSharesHolders together form a club, and we invest and fight for new companies (DACs) as long as they split a big enough chunk of interest with us.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
As i understood it protoshares where going to lead to bitshares but no mention of that in the news letter. Bitusd was going to be released after that. We were going to automatically get a share in all blockchains created but now i understand we are to use our PTS to buy into new DAC's.

As I understood, 3I(Invictus) only can guarantee that protoshares holders get 1:1 share in blockchain released by 3I, not all the new DAC's. I also read the news letter, I think the model it discussed is a suggestion model to operate for non-Invictus DACs (including 1:1 just like 3I, or using grandchildren of PTS). If I'm wrong, Stan, please correct me.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I want to explain how i feel and i guess that i am among the silent majority. I have followed this project from the start. I bought and built my mining equipment and was ready from 5hr post launch, so i am one of your Angels. However, like a lot of people i am also mining 3 other coins, holding 10 different coins and trying to follow as many forums. Plus i have a job, three kids a wife and a social life.

I think you probably see where this is going, It is very hard to keep up.

I am sure that if i had time to read every post the above has probably been explained, but, i dont. I am a serious investor and i am sure there are many moor like me. I believe that  you/we would benefit greatly if you could create thread only posted on by a selected few which would allow people like me to keep up with what is bound to be a rapidly evolving situation.

Without this i am afraid we will miss out on new investors and loose those who can't keep up and like me are wondering "is this an organised bunch with evolving ideas or are they just darting from one thing to the next without completing anything"

Im right behind you, but please, show me where you are so i can get behind.