Author Topic: Network issues  (Read 16552 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
On skype at "Bitshares Delegates Coordination" group

Daniel: anybody is his neigborhood?
[1:13:54 PM] Daniel: calling the fire department, and say them the Larimers house is on fire maybe helps.... imagine... in ten minute from know they will hear the buzzer 
[1:14:10 PM] Daniel: :)

[1:14:26 PM] James calfee: valentine is .. i'll call and pm now
[1:15:06 PM] James calfee: agent86 should be close by too
[1:16:07 PM] James calfee: talking to dan now
[1:17:09 PM] James calfee: he will be on skype soon ..he is just waking up
[1:17:38 PM] Emil Velichkov: this should have better effect on him than morning coffee
[1:17:50 PM] Daniel: lol

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I sent a SMS to Virkam. Not sure if that helps. If possible we need shifts...

Really, you want a core team member in a different timezone, that would do the trick.

If one of them decides to shift base to Mumbai, I can let him bunk for free :)

Or better still get one locally, supposedly coders are cheaper over here.

Would be sweet if we had 3 teams of core developers for the 3 major time zones Americas, europe/Africa and Asia. It will probably happen eventually, it's just a matter of hiring enough talented people as delegates that's the issue.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
It looks like BM is informed about this.

sumantso

Really, you want a core team member in a different timezone, that would do the trick.

If one of them decides to shift base to Mumbai, I can let him bunk for free :)

Or better still get one locally, supposedly coders are cheaper over here.

Offline janx

• View Profile

+5%

Offline testz

But this is only one way to update if you wan't to keep/add other fields like managedby for example:
Here it works just fine .. all other attributes are kept after publish_version ..

If it's works as you described that's fine and dev can prevent to publishing version field by command wallet_account_update_registration, in this case no one will be able to change version field manually unless he change the source code.

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Maybe there is need a message send to phone of developer automatically,when network is bad
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline JA

• View Profile
Could a blockchain rescan do something to the network.

It may sound weird.
But just a minute before the crash i opened my wallet since weeks (v0.4.24.1) and rescaned 50k blocks.
Could that have a effect on the network?
AFAIK it's a local operation so i doubt it...just want to be sure  ;).
na .. you cannot write anything into blocks ... only delegates can ... and it seems one of the obsolete 0.4.24 delegates screwed it up ..
ah ok
btw the lowest version according to bitsharesblocks are two with 0.4.25

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

It may sound weird.
But just a minute before the crash i opened my wallet since weeks (v0.4.24.1) and rescaned 50k blocks.
na .. you cannot write anything into blocks ... only delegates can ... and it seems one of the obsolete 0.4.24 delegates screwed it up ..

It is not the issue of obsolete delegate(s). You shouldn't be able to stop the whole network with specific transaction(s). Regardless of the issuer.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

It may sound weird.
na .. you cannot write anything into blocks ... only delegates can ... and it seems one of the obsolete 0.4.2425 delegates screwed it up ..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:57:25 am by xeroc »

Offline JA

• View Profile

It may sound weird.

Offline svk

If all delegates were on the same fork, it would be 100% participation - obviously some delegates are on a different fork(s).

I don't think it's a fork, it looks like it's much worse than that, my (wild, uninformed) guess is that the network is completely stalled because someone published a transaction which is now invalid according to the new rules, and no delegate is able to include it in a block and sign it (as all of them are on 0.4.26).

Two are on v0.4.25, three are on a mysteriously named 0.4.26 (with missing v) and the other 96 are on v0.4.26

0.4.26 without v it's fine - they update version field manually.

They shouldn't do that though, it means we can't tell if they've compiled the incorrect version for example.

But this is only one way to update if you wan't to keep/add other fields like managedby for example:
>> blockchain_get_account delegate.adarin

Name: delegate.adarin
Last Updated: 63 hours ago
Owner Key: BTS6N9quM9WvjqmkkQ46h8dVVk6Utwbvcb4v2KdDRAPL6oR4s1Bz5
Active Key History:
- BTS6N9quM9WvjqmkkQ46h8dVVk6Utwbvcb4v2KdDRAPL6oR4s1Bz5, last used 70 days ago

ID    NAME (* next in line)           APPROVAL       PRODUCED MISSED   RELIABILITY   PAY RATE PAY BALANCE         LAST BLOCK  VERSION     
==========================================================================================================================================
29313 delegate.adarin                 0.25874637 %   0        0        N/A           3 %      0.00000 BTS         NONE        v0.4.26     

Block Signing Key: BTS6N9quM9WvjqmkkQ46h8dVVk6Utwbvcb4v2KdDRAPL6oR4s1Bz5
Public Data:
{
  "version": "v0.4.26",
  "managedby": "testz"
}
Publish version command doesn't overwrite the public data. Use this to publish info about your delegate that will show up in the wallet and bitsharesblocks: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11485.0
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Does somebody know whether bter/btc38/... are reading these forums? Or if someone knows how to contact them? Because I believe that they should either:
 - make sure they are on 0.4.26 as all the delegates (on a frozen network, granted)
 - freeze deposits/withdrawals if they are still on 0.4.25 as people could do a double-spend then

Reverting back to 0.4.25 for delegates on friday was the best solution as most, if not all users, were still on 0.4.25, but 0.4.26 has now been published on bitshares.org so it's hard to estimate which fork it's better to move on to...

bter has frozen bts.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.