Author Topic: Network Issues Resolved - 87% delegate participation(中文翻译)  (Read 3028 times)

Offline bytemaster

ok .. so someone ended up having sent 2x the amount he intended to send .. but balances still add up correctly .. good to know ..
What amount are we talking here? can you hand over the txids?

Vikram is producing this info. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
ok .. so someone ended up having sent 2x the amount he intended to send .. but balances still add up correctly .. good to know ..
What amount are we talking here? can you hand over the txids?

Offline bytemaster

so what does "duplicate transaction" actually mean? and why have both been confirmed into blocks?? wouldn't that be a "double spend"?
Please clearify ...

Duplicate transaction means that the same operations were performed twice assuming it was valid to perform them twice.  It could result in a double spend.
Not a double spend of the types most commonly discussed in Bitcoin though, unless I'm mistaken. It's more of a replay vulnerability, so both spends go to the same receiver, and both are still deducted from the sender's account.

Correct.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
so what does "duplicate transaction" actually mean? and why have both been confirmed into blocks?? wouldn't that be a "double spend"?
Please clearify ...

Duplicate transaction means that the same operations were performed twice assuming it was valid to perform them twice.  It could result in a double spend.
Not a double spend of the types most commonly discussed in Bitcoin though, unless I'm mistaken. It's more of a replay vulnerability, so both spends go to the same receiver, and both are still deducted from the sender's account.

Offline bytemaster

Please clearify ...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Please clearify ...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The fast responses from both devs and delegates have been amazing. 

Also, soon we will have a lot less issues because we wont be hard forking all the time, and we will also be able to test things out on devshares before release!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
it's better to launch  DevShares to test new function &fix bugs
 and then release  stable BTS client

Offline Riverhead

Agree, these issues show the robustness and responsiveness of developers and delegates alike. Fantastic.

Translation:

同意,这些事情显示出了鲁棒性和开发者、受托人们相似的响应能力。很好。
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:56:14 pm by cn-members »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
For the record, our response time in this event was within the confirmation window of Bitcoin.   

I have seen bitcoin blocks take 1 hour or more to produce so it would not be unusual for it to take 3 hours to get 6 confirmations on the bitcoin network.   

People will probably complain about reliability of our network, but I will point out that it has been extremely robust even in the event of software bugs like we saw this week.   Our ability to fix issues as they come up with minimal down time is much greater than a proof of work network.

Sparkle better wait until we have a 1.0 chain.
+5%

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Response was remarkably fast.
Solution was provided within 2 hours of the first missed block.
No double-spend or malicious behavior was possible during that time-frame.

Offline bytemaster

For the record, our response time in this event was within the confirmation window of Bitcoin.   

I have seen bitcoin blocks take 1 hour or more to produce so it would not be unusual for it to take 3 hours to get 6 confirmations on the bitcoin network.   

People will probably complain about reliability of our network, but I will point out that it has been extremely robust even in the event of software bugs like we saw this week.   Our ability to fix issues as they come up with minimal down time is much greater than a proof of work network.

Sparkle better wait until we have a 1.0 chain. 

Translation:
先声明一下,我们在这次事件中的反应时间是在比特币的确认时间的范围内的。
我曾经见过比特币用了1小时去产出一个区块,所以如果比特币要用3-6小时确认时间才能有效支付的话,也不会很罕见。
人们大概会埋怨我们网络的可靠程度,不过我想指出即使是在我们这个星期看到的软件bug事件中我们的网络也是具有非常强大的鲁棒性(抗打击性能)的。我们在修复这些问题上的反应时间是要比那些POW挖矿网络快很多的。

SParkle项目(一个使用DPOS代码库设计的第三方程序),最好等我们有一个1.0版本的区块链,你们再去开发吧。
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:46:53 pm by cn-members »

sumantso

Neat :)

Any contingency plans for a problem in future when the team might be sleeping? Any automatic trigger in the network itself to freeze all transactions in case of an emergency?

Enjoy your morning coffee ;D

Translation :

很好。有什么将来这类事情的后备计划吗,如果开发团队在睡觉的话。网络会不会有什么自动机制会在网络紧急情况的时候停止所有交易?
享受你早上的咖啡吧。
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:52:51 pm by cn-members »

Offline bytemaster

We have revived the network.   The issue we faced was that that all delegates were attempting to produce a block that was invalid.  Once we patched a single delegate it allowed the rest of the unpatched delegates to continue as normal.

The problem was that the duplicate transaction check was applying to validation but a duplicate transaction still made it into the produced block.   

We will be releasing an official versioned update after some additional review.

I would like to thank everyone who reached out and woke up the dev team at 6AM.   

Translation:
我们已经将网络修复了。我们面对的这个问题是所有受托人们在尝试产出一个不合乎规则的区块。一旦我们给一个受托人打上了补丁,那些没有打上补丁的受托人都自然恢复正常了。

这个问题当时是由于重复交易检查已经有相应的验证措施,但这个重复交易依然进入了一个产出的区块里面。(问题已经修复)

在一些额外的检阅工作后我们会释出一个官方的升级版本。
我感谢大家联系到我,并让开发团队在早上6点就醒来。
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:42:27 pm by cn-members »