Author Topic: Bitshares frozen sync problem.  (Read 4622 times)

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
Are you able to sync using v0.4.27.1 and provided extra checkpoint file: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.27.1
This helped me fix a frozen sync issue with v0.5.0. on win 8.1. Was stuck on around 33 days.
I had to close Bitshares client, remove the peers.leveldb folder and the chain folder from AppData\Roaming\BitShares, copy the checkpoints.json folder across, then on restart it sync'd pretty steadily.
I guess in a future release some sort of automatic checkpointing will be more intuitive. Otherwise perhaps more help within the wallet for troubleshooting could be added.

Sounds like there are still blocks floating around the P2P network from the alternate chain made during that bad update ~month ago and you can still get stuck on it. This should die down as time passes but I'll keep an eye out for more reports.

Confirmed working with v0.5.0 and start with BitShares.exe --rebuild-index

Offline vikram

Are you able to sync using v0.4.27.1 and provided extra checkpoint file: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.27.1
This helped me fix a frozen sync issue with v0.5.0. on win 8.1. Was stuck on around 33 days.
I had to close Bitshares client, remove the peers.leveldb folder and the chain folder from AppData\Roaming\BitShares, copy the checkpoints.json folder across, then on restart it sync'd pretty steadily.
I guess in a future release some sort of automatic checkpointing will be more intuitive. Otherwise perhaps more help within the wallet for troubleshooting could be added.

Sounds like there are still blocks floating around the P2P network from the alternate chain made during that bad update ~month ago and you can still get stuck on it. This should die down as time passes but I'll keep an eye out for more reports.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
back again it keeps having to reload the chain now but at least it is loading the chain, says something like bitshares has stopped working  then exits me from it

Offline taughtus

• View Profile
Thanks for that.

All working fine. I appreciate your help.

Offline svk

Have upgraded to 0.4.27-1 and all seems correct now.

BUT have a message saying "signature is not canonical"

getStackTrace@app.js:27:17454
 ○ request@app.js:32:25344
 ○ app.js:30:60480
 ○ j@app.js:6:39741
 ○ app.js:6:27204
 ○ $eval@app.js:6:48397
 ○ $digest@app.js:6:47106
 ○ $apply@app.js:6:48723
 ○ f@app.js:5:92484
 ○ r@app.js:6:4852
 ○ onreadystatechange@app.js:6:5391
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
!(c.data[1] & 0x80): signature is not canonical
    {}
    bitshares  elliptic.cpp:496 fc::ecc::public_key::public_key

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:2323 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::blockchain_get_block_signee

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:240 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::batch

[hide details]

See here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12448.msg164192#msg164192

and here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12446.msg164389#msg164389

It's harmless and will be fixed in next version.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
mine got sorted out ... i had to take out the chain folder from the appdata

Offline taughtus

• View Profile
Have upgraded to 0.4.27-1 and all seems correct now.

BUT have a message saying "signature is not canonical"

getStackTrace@app.js:27:17454
 ○ request@app.js:32:25344
 ○ app.js:30:60480
 ○ j@app.js:6:39741
 ○ app.js:6:27204
 ○ $eval@app.js:6:48397
 ○ $digest@app.js:6:47106
 ○ $apply@app.js:6:48723
 ○ f@app.js:5:92484
 ○ r@app.js:6:4852
 ○ onreadystatechange@app.js:6:5391
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
!(c.data[1] & 0x80): signature is not canonical
    {}
    bitshares  elliptic.cpp:496 fc::ecc::public_key::public_key

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:2323 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::blockchain_get_block_signee

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:240 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::batch

[hide details]

Offline vikram

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
still stuck but still trying ...

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
similar problem:

When v0.4.26 client started, it would not sync but remain on an old block 1283580.

I had to start the client with --resync-blockchain option and rebuild local copy of the blockchain.

Seems to be OK now. If the client started it syncs and updates to the latest block.

Offline taughtus

• View Profile
My wallet is not syncing either.

Stuck at block 1283373  - 26 hours ago.

Using version v0.4.26

Offline foxjohn637

• View Profile
ill get back to you on that... my blockchain is loading right now

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile