Author Topic: [MetaExchange] dev-metaexchange.monsterer development diary  (Read 84653 times)

Offline monsterer

Ok, made some good progress this week:

Set up another machine in order to test this process more correctly.
Tested sending BTC to the daemon address and correctly got BTS back out again.
Still working on the opposite way around, having some slight issues when the sender is not a registers bitshares account.

All in all, this is close to being the first releasable version! Once this outstanding bug is fixed and I can get some more testing done it will be ready to go!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers, Paul.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CalabiYau

Hi all, sorry for the delay in replying I've just got back from Christmas/new year holidays and today is my birthday (currently away from computer) so I will be back to work tomorrow!

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers, paul

Happy Birthday !

lzr1900

Hi all, sorry for the delay in replying I've just got back from Christmas/new year holidays and today is my birthday (currently away from computer) so I will be back to work tomorrow!

Cheers, paul
No need to rush.Happy birthday!

Offline monsterer

Cheers, paul
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I see your point .. but looking at his pay of roughly $2k a month I think we should reconsider a "vote-him-out" policy ..

currently we can need EVERY-SINGLE-DEVELOPER ... and i personally do not agree with voting him out right away

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
last (real) update in bitshares/master repo was 23. of december .. so better also vote out the core devs?!
Vote him out!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/commits/develop Develop branch was updated a day ago.  He is a paid employee of the blockchain.  We should at least know when he would be back from vacation.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
last (real) update in bitshares/master repo was 23. of december .. so better also vote out the core devs?!
Vote him out!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline onceuponatime

he updated before christmas and is on vacation.

what do you guys expect? to work on holiday day as well?

As his partner, you probably know when he is expected back from his holiday?

Offline kao

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

I am not sure how long a holiday is where you are from but as the user in above of me noticed its been 11 days since a commit.

I don't see a issue with weekly update's. They take 5 mins...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:19:28 am by Gentso1 »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Hello again!

Just completed the first test of the gateway, going from BTS->bitcoin and bitcoin->BTS!

I've designed the system to be very flexable, so it can support these use cases:

*) IOU->bitcoin / bitcoin->IOU
*) bitBTC->bitcoin / bitcoin->bitBTC
*) bitUSD->bitcoin / bitcoin->bitUSD (as long as there is an exchange rate available and a spread)

This means that not only will this gateway support going from bitcoin to bitBTC, but also going from bitcoin straight to bitUSD or vise verse.

Of course this requires the operator to hold both bitcoin and the relevant bitAsset, but in some ways this is preferable than having the operator issue IOUs, because IOUs inherently have no value, so in the case of catastrophic failure and loss of funds an operator issuing IOUs would lose customer's bitcoins, but in the case where the operator holds and issues bitAssets, such a failure would only result in the operator losing his profits / funds, but importantly not the customers funds, since bitAssets do have an intrinsic value outside this system.

This gateway will also support alternative methods in going from bitcoin to bitAssets. Currently, the design requires you to import your private keys from your bitcoin wallet into your bitshares wallet so that transactions sent from bitcoin can be read by bitshares. This is quite a high friction operation so I am adding some very simple features to allow operators to easily work around the problem.

Stay tuned for more!

https://github.com/wildbunny/metaexchange

Cheers, Paul.

To a non-techie like me, does this mean we can have a wallet which allows me to go BTC<->BitBTC with a single click (with a small fee if necessary)?

he is coding a open source gateway application, for anyone free to use.

sumantso

Hello again!

Just completed the first test of the gateway, going from BTS->bitcoin and bitcoin->BTS!

I've designed the system to be very flexable, so it can support these use cases:

*) IOU->bitcoin / bitcoin->IOU
*) bitBTC->bitcoin / bitcoin->bitBTC
*) bitUSD->bitcoin / bitcoin->bitUSD (as long as there is an exchange rate available and a spread)

This means that not only will this gateway support going from bitcoin to bitBTC, but also going from bitcoin straight to bitUSD or vise verse.

Of course this requires the operator to hold both bitcoin and the relevant bitAsset, but in some ways this is preferable than having the operator issue IOUs, because IOUs inherently have no value, so in the case of catastrophic failure and loss of funds an operator issuing IOUs would lose customer's bitcoins, but in the case where the operator holds and issues bitAssets, such a failure would only result in the operator losing his profits / funds, but importantly not the customers funds, since bitAssets do have an intrinsic value outside this system.

This gateway will also support alternative methods in going from bitcoin to bitAssets. Currently, the design requires you to import your private keys from your bitcoin wallet into your bitshares wallet so that transactions sent from bitcoin can be read by bitshares. This is quite a high friction operation so I am adding some very simple features to allow operators to easily work around the problem.

Stay tuned for more!

https://github.com/wildbunny/metaexchange

Cheers, Paul.

To a non-techie like me, does this mean we can have a wallet which allows me to go BTC<->BitBTC with a single click (with a small fee if necessary)?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline kao

• View Profile
 wildbunny authored 11 days ago
 11 days past,no new updates.
 This is a 100% paid delegate,This is how we waste our money and support.