Author Topic: In light of recent events, can we have an audit of the official marketing team?  (Read 9845 times)

charleshoskinson

Offline onceuponatime

^^ This would be very cleansing of the atmosphere and constitute a consolidation of energy for a big push forward.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
First of all I don't see all the drama that's coming out now as a reason to be bearish on BTS. Bitshares is still on track to be the best crypto product once it launches next year, and there is a huge pool of talented marketers preparing in nullstreet now, even if it turns out that the official marketing team had nothing all along. In fact I think many people will see it as a bull sign if the marketing can finally start over and get fixed.

The violent reaction were seeing against the marketing team now is a result of months of pent up frustration. This time it's not going to blow over by itself, it will continue until the community has gotten its minimum requirement: transparency.

I'd like to propose that the community appoints one of the community marketers from nullstreet to do a full "audit", so that we can finally get answers to the long standing questions that have continuously been ignored:

How much has the marketing team been paid so far, counting both bonuses and salary? (Exact numbers)

What's the bonus system in place for Brian? (Exact numbers, exact result metrics, no vague answers)

What has Brian and murderistics marketing and business development actions been so far (no vague answers, we want specific steps taken and specific deals or results)

What plans do Brian and murderistic have for the next 6 months? (These plans do not have to be made public, but the auditor has to see EVERYTHING and pass his opinion on to the community)

Is there anything in the works for fixing the website (currently a wordpress theme)?

The community has clearly had enough of the inherently contradictory secret keeping of what is supposed to be the marketing team for a DAC. We're so insanely tired of vague promises I can hardly put it into words. It's time finally treat stakeholders as owners and give them the straight answers they deserve. Once these answers are put forth to the community, the community can decide if the plans for the remaining marketing AGS funds should be changed (options could include putting them into transparent multisig or burning them since delegates now fulfill the role of funding anyway).

If we act now to finally get transparency in our marketing effort, we can still have plenty of time to prepare a huge marketing push for when the full node and mobile wallets are ready, in a way that is transparent (forced by delegate funding) and that the community will be satisfied with (because it will be done by community members).

IMO the most obvious person to do an audit would be methodX, considering he is the one who finally got the community marketing effort going in the first place, and is himself a marketing professional.