Author Topic: In light of recent events, can we have an audit of the official marketing team?  (Read 9842 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
what can we do if they dont comply with the audit? what delegates do thry run?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I think there needs to be transparency with regards to the Western Marketing bonus programme and an opportunity for shareholders to have a say in how the remaining amount gets allocated.

I'd also like to have a trusted member give an honest evaluation of the 1.0 marketing push & Method's opinion is probably the one I'd be interested in most.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
All we need to know is what Brian and his team have been working on if anything.  We need to hear of what content has been created.  Obviously they have been developing things waiting for the 1.0 release and people from the community need to be shown this.

We don't need multiple people having access to their email and skype logs and other things.  We just need to see the work they have done in preparation.

We're not trying to uncover a crime.

This elaborate audit thing will just get us away from what is a quite simple situation.  Brian should be able to show all the work he has done in preperation.  If he can't, then remove his bonus program because it is obvious our donations are not going towards what was anticipated when people donated.  Then we re-appropriate the yet to be transferred donations to something that shows far more potential effectiveness and value.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline GaltReport

If you're going to host a proper audit, then I'd suggest the following:

• Select an odd number of auditors from the community who do not have a direct connection to the current marketing team
  • Provide the auditors with unrestricted access to all relevant emails, skype logs, financial records, and paperwork pertaining to the subjects being audited
  • Draft and sign a privacy and disclosure agreement for the auditors
  • Solicit from the community a list of concerns and questions they want addressed
  • Have the auditors draft a report containing at least the following sections:
  • A monthly timeline of actions taken by the marketing team
  • A financial summary and timeline of funds spent by and for marketing alongside supporting comments from the marketing team
  • Summarize the marketing strategy(ies) pursued and how success was to be judged
  • List the data sources marketing curated to measure effectiveness of their efforts
  • Recommendations from the Auditors
  • The final report should be publicly released and available to the entire community for review and comments. The marketing team should also have the freedom to first review the report prior to release in order to prepare a response to the findings.

That's off the top of my head. Probably more to cover.

Good Plan.

charleshoskinson

This would be the perfect time to attempt to bring Andreas onto the Bitshares team and offering him a purposeful delegate position.

Sent from the tiny wrinkles in my brain via mind bullets!

Well how much do you guys want to pay? Sky is the limit if the budget matches lol.

Offline bobmaloney

This would be the perfect time to attempt to bring Andreas onto the Bitshares team by offering him a purposeful delegate position.

Sent from the tiny wrinkles in my brain via mind bullets!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

charleshoskinson

+5% I also hate accounting. I can give a competent cost analysis on his marketing expenditures though.

The guy to handle the accounting would be Dr. Charles Evans.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Audit a good idea.   See if they concur with BM's assessment.  However, auditors are usually independet and vetted for conflicts of interest.  Methodx may stand to benefit from a harsh assessment...not sure about Charles as I came here after he left already.

+5% I also hate accounting. I can give a competent cost analysis on his marketing expenditures though.

Offline James212

• View Profile
I'd be happy to audit the marketing team.

+5% I'd vote for Methodx or Hopkinson (or both) to do the audit.   
BTS: theangelwaveproject

charleshoskinson

If you're going to host a proper audit, then I'd suggest the following:

• Select an odd number of auditors from the community who do not have a direct connection to the current marketing team
  • Provide the auditors with unrestricted access to all relevant emails, skype logs, financial records, and paperwork pertaining to the subjects being audited
  • Draft and sign a privacy and disclosure agreement for the auditors
  • Solicit from the community a list of concerns and questions they want addressed
  • Have the auditors draft a report containing at least the following sections:
  • A monthly timeline of actions taken by the marketing team
  • A financial summary and timeline of funds spent by and for marketing alongside supporting comments from the marketing team
  • Summarize the marketing strategy(ies) pursued and how success was to be judged
  • List the data sources marketing curated to measure effectiveness of their efforts
  • Recommendations from the Auditors
  • The final report should be publicly released and available to the entire community for review and comments. The marketing team should also have the freedom to first review the report prior to release in order to prepare a response to the findings.

That's off the top of my head. Probably more to cover.

Offline GaltReport

Audit a good idea.   See if they concur with BM's assessment.  However, auditors are usually independet and vetted for conflicts of interest.  Methodx may stand to benefit from a harsh assessment...not sure about Charles as I came here after he left already.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline onceuponatime

I'd be happy to audit the marketing team.

I would be very happy if you did provided you were given full access.