Author Topic: Brian Page (MktDirector) Is Moving On  (Read 16772 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Should we still be waiting for the HUGE marketing campaign that will happen or now we should rely on nullstreet marketing for another year?

No need to wait, I've already passed along interview requests to the marketing team.  Marketing has already had phone and in-person meetings with companies we passed their way (debit card and onramps). Max is about ready to launch his book (read it, kicks ass) and BitShares.tv, Method-X and the rest of the gang (too many amazing people to list) are busting ass in different areas. I've put together a media list that covers almost every major article about Bitcoin in the last 6 months and contacted every decent company that's been posted on Coindesk over the last 4 months. All lists were shared with the people needed to see and track progress.  I'm just middle of the road productive, there's people on Nullstreet doing much more. I'm on target to deliver a full summary to Stan by Thursday night for the next newsletter.

No waiting, it's already happening.  I was just viewing the lists and saw Bitmarket, Murderistic and a bunch of other guys on the team working the leads!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:02:08 pm by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I kindly ask the moderators to lock this thread...
It will be better for all of us...

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline svk

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next Brian, you seem like a nice guy so I'm sorry things didn't work out as well as we'd all hoped!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Hey Forum,

I'm in the BitShares offices up in Virginia with Dan and the devs today.  I had lunch with Dan and we discussed the exciting new chapter BitShares is starting in 2015.  However, my own chapter with BitShares is now coming to a close.  I've made the decision to resign any sort of official role with the organization in order to persue other opportunities.

I can say without a doubt that some of the new marketing talent that's come on board recently with BitShares and the grassroots marketing team have incredible plans in the works to take the community and business to the next level.  I'm thrilled to see what they can do in the upcoming year. 

I believe not only in BitShares but in the ideals of this community and those who lead it.   It's been an exciting and wild ride over the last year or so and I am so incredibly proud to have been a small part of it.  Thank you for the passion and energy you all have brought to this project and for those of you who went above and beyond to put your blood sweat and tears into it. 

I can tell you one thing is for sure about this organization: The level of integrity, commitment, and talent with those I worked with are second to none. I trust these people fully and consider them my friends and truly amazing people.  I encourage you to continue investing your time, money and energy in this grand vision that is BitShares.

Wishing each and every one of you the very best in all you do,

Brian

Best wishes Brian and happy holidays.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
lol

Our marketing director is moving away from Bitshares to pursue other opportunities... That is definitely a buy signal...

To be honest anything you have done was so "secret" that no one knows here if you have actually done anything rather than getting paid huge amounts from AGS funding. Should we still be waiting for the HUGE marketing campaign that will happen or now we should rely on nullstreet marketing for another year?

Maybe I am not fair, but this announcement is the worst thing that as a community we would like to hear in this bear market. Great timing mate..

Anyway, good luck in your new projects.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
God I wish I would have been there for that lunch... I'm sure fridays mumble will be very interesting.

Offline GaltReport

ah, so no funnels etc...?

sumantso

lol

lol indeed. I have a feeling BM took this step.

BP - thanks for that video. You can always donate a bit for some campaigns, or go and do some marketing on your own; it benefits us all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:41:32 pm by sumantso »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
It was great meeting you, and working with you Brian.

I know there are many folks that appreciate what you did and Bitshares, and many that did not.

Either way, I appreciate the effort you put forth and know that there are MANY behind the scenes things you worked on and initiated that folks here do not know about.

Take care, and stay in touch.

take care buddy, we'll stay in contact for sure…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Well, there we have it.

Its too bad that things didnt work out better for everyone.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
It was great meeting you, and working with you Brian.

I know there are many folks that appreciate what you did and Bitshares, and many that did not.

Either way, I appreciate the effort you put forth and know that there are MANY behind the scenes things you worked on and initiated that folks here do not know about.

Take care, and stay in touch.

Hey Forum,

I'm in the BitShares offices up in Virginia with Dan and the devs today.  I had lunch with Dan and we discussed the exciting new chapter BitShares is starting in 2015.  However, my own chapter with BitShares is now coming to a close.  I've made the decision to resign any sort of official role with the organization in order to persue other opportunities.

I can say without a doubt that some of the new marketing talent that's come on board recently with BitShares and the grassroots marketing team have incredible plans in the works to take the community and business to the next level.  I'm thrilled to see what they can do in the upcoming year. 

I believe not only in BitShares but in the ideals of this community and those who lead it.   It's been an exciting and wild ride over the last year or so and I am so incredibly proud to have been a small part of it.  Thank you for the passion and energy you all have brought to this project and for those of you who went above and beyond to put your blood sweat and tears into it. 

I can tell you one thing is for sure about this organization: The level of integrity, commitment, and talent with those I worked with are second to none. I trust these people fully and consider them my friends and truly amazing people.  I encourage you to continue investing your time, money and energy in this grand vision that is BitShares.

Brian

+5%

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Hey Forum,

Brian

Bytemaster here:

I wanted to add the following information.  Brian has done a great job at what he is good at: conferences.   Because of his efforts I had many speaking roles and interviews that I would not have had without him.  Brian and I are friends and will likely work together in the future when his new venture integrates BitShares. 

I have retained the team Brian was working with and they will be showing some of the fruit of their labor this week as the first BitShares book is published and BitShares.tv launches.   I have informed this team that they need to market themselves as well as BitShares and you will be seeing more of the value they bring to the table in the short term.   

Brian will not be receiving any additional payments from the AGS funds which has freed up over ~15M BTS of earmarked bonus funds.  These funds will be redirected toward covering the costs of gaining new users. 

I have asked Brian's team to provide measurable statistics regarding their contribution to the marketing effort.  I have commitments with these guys and have full faith in their abilities.

I will not be replacing Brian nor establish an official marketing team.  Everything will be community/delegate driven from here on out.   Adam will be working in his industry to bring people to BitShares.  We need leaders who take charge and get things done and don't depend upon me or anyone else to tell them what to do.   Bitcoin doesn't have official marketing nor funded marketing.   Anyone who can get and maintain a delegate position is "official".   

Lets work together and change the world! 

Dan

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:21:22 pm by bytemaster »