Author Topic: BitShares the Book and internet Show to launch this week  (Read 6596 times)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Max I would like to buy a hard-copy if possible.
There will be a hardcopy soon, but not this year.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Hi Forum,

So later this week I plan on launching a couple of initiatives that have been a long time in the making. I have written a book and will launch a weekly internet show about bitshares.

The primary purpose of these projects is to give a greater suite of tools for people interested in Bitshares to learn more.  I hope you enjoy the tools and they assist everybody in explaining the complexities of BitShares.

I am pleased to say that BM and Stan (among others) have read the book and are pleased with the way it educates the reader about BitShares in an easy to understand way. Even some passionate Bitshare enthusiasts learned a lot and had some difficult concepts crystallized after reading the book.

I am really hoping to get this book to best seller status in its category on Amazon Kindle.   Hence I am giving everyone a heads up now so that you know the book will be available as of Thursday.

If you are on this forum or on the newsletter list you will receive an email also.  The book will be 0.99 cents on kindle and I intend to give away some prizes for reviews and posting on facebook that you purchased the book.  Stay tuned for details about that.

The weekly internet show will also launch at the same time. I think this will be a great avenue to get the word out about bitshares. Hopefully you find them entertaining and educational enough that you might choose to share them with your friends and contacts.

Thanks.

PS: A lot of people worked very hard and contributed to all of these projects, not just me.   On Thursday I will properly credit each of the contributors and thank them for their efforts.

The biggest thing people on the forum can do for this is to buy the book, leave a good keyword rich review of the book.  Then share the book on all social media outlets, and emailing contacts and people you think will be interested.  Bitmarket and I will be working on getting some publicity for the book - ANYTHING you do will be helpful. 

Offline fuzzy

It would be fun, but I think there would be some who react this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RmzwZNXfk

That said, I'm impressed with some recent changes and I have a lot of faith in Toast, Max and others.

Since when does that matter?  If people want you in there will be enough people to vote you in that you will get a position! 

Even though you never answered questions about why you left, if you produce good work that helps bitshares on the whole I see no reason why you couldn't have a delegate.  If you don't want to run one, though...that would be a different story.  Do you want to run one?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

charleshoskinson

Make it the first book only available for print via BitUSD. You'll probably pick up a nice bitcoin mag article.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

charleshoskinson

It would be fun, but I think there would be some who react this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RmzwZNXfk

That said, I'm impressed with some recent changes and I have a lot of faith in Toast, Max and others.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Charles have you ever thought of running to be a 100% delegate?

Given how high profile you are in the crypto community, I would vote for you.

/Sorry for hijacking thread this idea just occured to me.

charleshoskinson

I've been going through it. It's a good book and I will recommend in my course. Good work Max!  +5%

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Sounds awesome. Will definitely be buying this. Will buying more than one per person get it a higher score or are there anti spam systems?

If the book gave back a return in BTS it could work as a mini faucet and we could more efficiently get it to number 1 if we wanna buy more than one at a time. Will be perfect to buy a lot as small gifts. In fact if the book could be easily transfered it could even be work for "tipping". Anyway just a weird idea, i thought it could maybe work with the valentine referral faucet.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Can't wait to read! Awesome news!   +5%
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline GaltReport

Looking forward to buying, reading, tweeting and streaming.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I cant wait to read it.

Excited to see some real promotion of bitshares! :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads