Author Topic: drltc's last post  (Read 7023 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5%

+5%

why not just change you forum name here to theoretical isntead of creating a complete new account!?
IMO your should address your drltc posts to theoretical so people can see what you have done and contributed so far... just my 2 cents

On topic  +5% for TTDFMKDRLTC (theoretical the developer formerly known as drltc) :)

LOL

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline svk

- There are plans to make short TITAN names expire some time in the distant future unless a heavy fee is paid, and I do not want to pay it.

Wait what? How heavy is this fee? Reoccurring?

Why do you say reoccuring? A high fee for short names is already the case in PTS DPOS and something that makes sense IMO, I support this even though I have several BTS names that will be affected.

On topic  +5% for TTDFMKDRLTC (theoretical the developer formerly known as drltc) :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
- There are plans to make short TITAN names expire some time in the distant future unless a heavy fee is paid, and I do not want to pay it.

Wait what? How heavy is this fee? Reoccurring?

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Jeeze people. You guys and your provocative titles. First HPEnvy's "Thank you - My Goodbye" and now "drltc's last post".

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Makes good sense!

Offline theoreticalbts

the delegate formerly known as drltc

Offline theoretical

I have come to the conclusion that my username is undesirable for a variety of reasons:

- As an I3 team member, it seems rather unprofessional to advertise a dying competitor with every post.
- My name implies an academic credential I do not in fact possess.
- When I generated the owner key for the drltc TITAN account, I did not take paranoid security precautions since I was only planning on being a casual user and occasional contributor.  Now that I am planning to be a 100% delegate, creating a new username gives me an opportunity to better secure my owner key.
- I will be stuck with whatever delegate name I choose, unless I want to pay the fee to register a 100% delegate multiple times.

Notwithstanding the implication of my click-baity post title, I'm merely retiring the drltc username.  I'll still be an I3 team member and continue to heavily participate in the community just like before, only I will have a brand new username!

Here it is:

theoretical

For websites where this username is not available, I will be:

theoreticalbts

I have already registered TITAN and forum accounts for both of these names.

To prove the legitimacy of this message, I will sign the sha256 of this message with drltc TITAN account.

When I chose the drltc name, I had no idea Bitshares would be as successful as it has been, or that I'd end up playing such a huge role in this project.  At the time, BitShares was just another interesting altcoin along with Litecoin, Primecoin, Dogecoin, etc.  The new name marks an increased level of maturity for both the project and my contributions to it.  Great things are ahead for BitShares in 2015!

drltc, December 16, 2014

A Markdown version of this post is available at https://github.com/drltc/bitshares_toolkit/blob/drltc-lastpost/drltc-lastpost.md with better formatting and signature verification. 

How to verify the legitimacy of this post
-----------------------------------------

Download and verify the file:

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/drltc/bitshares_toolkit/drltc-lastpost/drltc-lastpost.md | tee drltc-lastpost.md | sha256sum

You should verify the content of `drltc-lastpost.md` created by this command matches the forum post, and the sha256sum will be the following hash:

489af05fa35a928226294e70b7c458af256479310f70c223c894392fec6b4b7e

Put the hash into this command in any BitShares client:

blockchain_verify_signature drltc "489af05fa35a928226294e70b7c458af256479310f70c223c894392fec6b4b7e" "1f60baa9b38e1bf4b471700f59f174d09c84ca353a3cd5c674c282eeac31cc8d6054e66ca3b4b5a215b524e23d5067fd04a6ed4fc6072d93097f9dfdf7bfaa9918"

The command returns `true` indicating that the owner of the `drltc` blockchain account has signed the content of this post (the really long hex string starting with `1f` is the signature data).
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk