Author Topic: Mobile Keyhotee  (Read 4812 times)

Offline colorform

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

I suspect a full node mobile client with proof of work for messaging is going to drain batteries very quickly.  How difficult and energy efficient would it be to use the Keyhotee network to establish a single direct connection to a home PC which could be used as a server?  With the home PC handling the full blockchain and proof of work processing the mobile app I would think wouldn't have to use any more battery and bandwidth than traditional centralized server based solutions.

This could also integrate well with the subkey proposals.

You just described our mobile strategy.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I suspect a full node mobile client with proof of work for messaging is going to drain batteries very quickly.  How difficult and energy efficient would it be to use the Keyhotee network to establish a single direct connection to a home PC which could be used as a server?  With the home PC handling the full blockchain and proof of work processing the mobile app I would think wouldn't have to use any more battery and bandwidth than traditional centralized server based solutions.

This could also integrate well with the subkey proposals.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think Keyhotee should run for 6 months to a year smoothly first before getting into mobile devices. Grow a user base and work out all the kinks first.
Having a mobile version would help with gaining a user base, since people are using mobile devices for more and more

i guess 1# priority is start of keyhotee. Then alpha/beta tests and when it works stable next step all other os, mobile etc.

For imagination i guess it will work like facebook login when it goes mainstream .. when you have transfered your ID private key from computer before :)

bytemaster pls correct me if i'am wrong
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:56:42 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline AJ_

• View Profile
I think Keyhotee should run for 6 months to a year smoothly first before getting into mobile devices. Grow a user base and work out all the kinks first.
Having a mobile version would help with gaining a user base, since people are using mobile devices for more and more
Protoshares- PiiX21df7kfDAhLzmSBdbuc7kwjFaki79L
Keyhotee-5QdZUBn6BLpc7xqTkZ6nVwh83k8GbsaRMvy5kdEczgfV2tcaQr
Hello, world.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
I was thinking this morning about what a Keyhotee-based internet would look like. I was curious about how Keyhotee will work on mobile devices. If there was a website that Identified me with my Keyhotee ID, and then I wanted to visit them on my smartphone. How would this work?

All your smartphone would require is your profile which could be transferred from your computer.

Thanks for the reply. But I guess I don't know enough about Keyhotee. This doesn't make any sense to me. Would this be something that the OS would have to allow? Like, apple would have to modify ios to allow keyhotee profiles to be imported onto the device?

It would just be an App that either Invictus or someone else could develop.

I have 1password on my Iphone. I imagine you could do something like that. But I also wanted to know how it would work with another app. For instance, if I run a hotel app and I'm using Keyhotee ID on the web site, how do I ID them when they use the iphone app or vice versa. If I have to take a username and password for the app, then it seems it'll be pointless to use Keyhotee ID at all. I'm just wondering about the mainstream potential of this product. I'd really like this product to succeed.

If you're using another app that allows you to use your Keyhotee ID, then presumably they will have some form of an interface to Keyhotee built into their app. As for mainstream adoption, that will depend on how well Invictus and others market the uses of Keyhotee
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline Paypal

• View Profile

Offline que23

• View Profile
I was thinking this morning about what a Keyhotee-based internet would look like. I was curious about how Keyhotee will work on mobile devices. If there was a website that Identified me with my Keyhotee ID, and then I wanted to visit them on my smartphone. How would this work?

All your smartphone would require is your profile which could be transferred from your computer.

Thanks for the reply. But I guess I don't know enough about Keyhotee. This doesn't make any sense to me. Would this be something that the OS would have to allow? Like, apple would have to modify ios to allow keyhotee profiles to be imported onto the device?

I have 1password on my Iphone. I imagine you could do something like that. But I also wanted to know how it would work with another app. For instance, if I run a hotel app and I'm using Keyhotee ID on the web site, how do I ID them when they use the iphone app or vice versa. If I have to take a username and password for the app, then it seems it'll be pointless to use Keyhotee ID at all. I'm just wondering about the mainstream potential of this product. I'd really like this product to succeed.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline que23

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Offline que23

• View Profile