Author Topic: Charles Hoskinson - Business Development Delegate  (Read 10086 times)

charleshoskinson

There's the love I'm used to :) Thanks Fuzzy glad to have you around.

Offline fuzzy

Wow this really does come as a surprise. First thank you global for taking the time to draft this thread. It does mean a lot that someone in the bitshares community thinks so highly of me. I didn't really think that was the case.

Succinctly, I don't have any intentions to run a delegate for three reasons. First, the board of Invictus made a decision without debate or my input back in October of last year that my services were no longer required. I really don't think I can have an effective working relationship with the people who made that decision moving forward. I'd be happy to collaborate where it makes sense and I always promote good technology if it's open source, high quality and solves real problems. Thus I'd be happy to pitch Bitshares as it evolves just like I do Eris, Counterparty and other platforms.

Second, I'm currently involved in several ventures as an adviser and I'm also starting an education venture in 2015 that requires some degree of objectivity. To avoid conflicts of interest, I can't really take a paid advocacy role.

Third, after spending roughly $250,000 on US legal research via Pryor Cashman while at Ethereum, I've come to the opinion that ICOs like angelshares pass the Howey test and thus agents of the company are exposed to unnecessary legal liability. Delegates as fiduciaries are not immune to this liability and it isn't just a fine from the SEC. Furthermore, even if AGS is considered a donation, it seems to me to be a donation solicited with an implicit expectation of return, yet without any accountability from the solicitor (as evidenced by numerous examples, the most recent being the Brian Page audit thread). As I've written in my recent whitepaper, I feel these events are predatory and result in bad outcomes.     

As bitshares the technology gets further disintermediated from I3 the company, then I'd be happy to become more involved. This will no doubt happen over the coming months and years and I believe everyone is in this for the long haul anyway. Anyway, thanks again for the consideration.

LOL!!  This is a good one.  I think it is cool you are thinking about running...but I DEFINITELY Resonate with this comment:

But since the proposal is coming from a "Newbie" who just signed up for a forum account today, I don't know what to think
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

charleshoskinson

Wow this really does come as a surprise. First thank you global for taking the time to draft this thread. It does mean a lot that someone in the bitshares community thinks so highly of me. I didn't really think that was the case.

Succinctly, I don't have any intentions to run a delegate for three reasons. First, the board of Invictus made a decision without debate or my input back in October of last year that my services were no longer required. I really don't think I can have an effective working relationship with the people who made that decision moving forward. I'd be happy to collaborate where it makes sense and I always promote good technology if it's open source, high quality and solves real problems. Thus I'd be happy to pitch Bitshares as it evolves just like I do Eris, Counterparty and other platforms.

Second, I'm currently involved in several ventures as an adviser and I'm also starting an education venture in 2015 that requires some degree of objectivity. To avoid conflicts of interest, I can't really take a paid advocacy role.

Third, after spending roughly $250,000 on US legal research via Pryor Cashman while at Ethereum, I've come to the opinion that ICOs like angelshares pass the Howey test and thus agents of the company are exposed to unnecessary legal liability. Delegates as fiduciaries are not immune to this liability and it isn't just a fine from the SEC. Furthermore, even if AGS is considered a donation, it seems to me to be a donation solicited with an implicit expectation of return, yet without any accountability from the solicitor (as evidenced by numerous examples, the most recent being the Brian Page audit thread). As I've written in my recent whitepaper, I feel these events are predatory and result in bad outcomes.     

As bitshares the technology gets further disintermediated from I3 the company, then I'd be happy to become more involved. This will no doubt happen over the coming months and years and I believe everyone is in this for the long haul anyway. Anyway, thanks again for the consideration.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
If he has a delegate, I will vote for!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline slacking

• View Profile

Xeldal

I think many share the sentiment.  There are few on the same level.  I believe Charles has a tremendous amount to offer wherever he directs himself. I would love to see his skills directed in this way.  Given proper interest on his part to take it on, he has my support.

and I want to show my support for him.
Use your real account if you want to show support.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I don't take this as a proposal. It's an invitation for him to make a proposal. OP, it might have more impact if you used your real identity.

Offline pseudoscops

I watched his TED talk the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ufCT6lQcY

I don't know much about the details that led to the earlier parting of ways with the team here, or with Ethereum for that matter, but he's a great communicator if the talk above is anything to go by.

I'd certainly pay close attention to a more detailed delegate proposal.

Offline GaltReport

I would consider voting for him as well.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I would vote for him, (assuming he posted a decent proposal).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

I would vote for him too if the proposal was coming from him (and fleshed out a little with details of what he was offering to accomplish).

But since the proposal is coming from a "Newbie" who just signed up for a forum account today, I don't know what to think

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
Many people have been subtly bringing up how CH could help bring BTS to the world, and I want to show my support for him.  I think our group really appreciates his prowess in this field and wish we could harness his value despite development disagreements in the past. 

The opportunity to take the world by storm is ripening fast.

I would vote for him in a heartbeat.
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo