Author Topic: Where are my coins???  (Read 7036 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Re: Where are my coins???
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 12:07:07 pm »
Ok then I won't worry too much about it until they get it figured out.  I was just thrown off by the wallet which I'm unfamiliar with.

Are you using the latest wallet? 

I downloaded the wallet after the snapshot so one would think that it was the new wallet. The version I downloaded was PTS v2.0.1 -0.0.9-x86.  I did have one small test transaction of 50 PTS go through so my wallet balance is now 25 pts, not quite enough to register my name.  Now it seems that about 72,000 PTS have vanished. Nothing from Poloniex in two days.

Your wallet is good.  You need to check with poloniex on your transaction.  The destination address for Poloniex outgoing transaction may have to be a registered Account Name and not a public address (as what you did).  If your transactions are stuck somewhere in poloniex because of this, their support staff can cancel those transactions and you can resubmit the withdrawal.  The most effective way to get support from poloniex is to raise a support ticket with their helpdesk system.
I would like to register my name but to register an account name costs PTS which if you can't withdraw from the exchange you can't have in your wallet. The first thing I did was open a support ticket.

Have poloniex replied?

As pc mentioned, PTS2.0 implemented a new transfer command which can send PTS to public address in addition to a registered Account Name.  You need to check with poloniex if they support this public-address-capable transfer command. 
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 07:39:05 pm »
Bter has 5 days with PTS trade stopped

Yeah, giving all the rest of us plenty of time to dump our new PTS at beautifully high prices on poloniex.

The biggest lesson I've learned from this particular snapshot is to have a few shares on each exchange that honors the snapshot. Anybody who had coins on poloniex (I didn't) for this snapshot had multiple chances to sell at 10x today's price. I spent a whole day drooling,waiting for them to open up deposits.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 06:13:35 pm »
Bter has 5 days with PTS trade stopped
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:13 pm »
It is possible to transfer directly to an account public key, even for unregistered accounts. At least the wallet transfer command supports this, don't know if Poloniex does.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline coininvestor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 03:23:21 pm »
Ok then I won't worry too much about it until they get it figured out.  I was just thrown off by the wallet which I'm unfamiliar with.

I downloaded the wallet after the snapshot so one would think that it was the new wallet. The version I downloaded was PTS v2.0.1 -0.0.9-x86.  I did have one small test transaction of 50 PTS go through so my wallet balance is now 25 pts, not quite enough to register my name.  Now it seems that about 72,000 PTS have vanished. Nothing from Poloniex in two days.

Your wallet is good.  You need to check with poloniex on your transaction.  The destination address for Poloniex outgoing transaction may have to be a registered Account Name and not a public address (as what you did).  If your transactions are stuck somewhere in poloniex because of this, their support staff can cancel those transactions and you can resubmit the withdrawal.  The most effective way to get support from poloniex is to raise a support ticket with their helpdesk system.
I would like to register my name but to register an account name costs PTS which if you can't withdraw from the exchange you can't have in your wallet. The first thing I did was open a support ticket. 

Offline cube

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 02:58:37 pm »

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:01:30 pm by cube »

Offline coininvestor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 02:16:50 pm »

Offline llildur

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 05:48:54 am »
Poloniex is using the PTS-DPOS wallet Obviously, you can't transfer new PTS to the old wallet.

The easiest way to claim your new PTS is to start the new client and import the old wallet.dat. This will also give you a new PTS address to which you can send your coins from Poloniex.

Thanks  :D

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 11:02:31 am »
Poloniex is using the PTS-DPOS wallet Obviously, you can't transfer new PTS to the old wallet.

The easiest way to claim your new PTS is to start the new client and import the old wallet.dat. This will also give you a new PTS address to which you can send your coins from Poloniex.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline llildur

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 10:55:46 am »
Buy some PTS but when trying to send them to my old wallet from poloniex tells me that the address is not valid.  :( Be appropriate to wait until a stable wallet version?  ??? What to do with my PTS they were in the old wallet? and how claim the snapshot of these PTS? Thanks in advance  :)

Offline cube

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 07:04:15 am »

Are you using the latest wallet?  If you are running Windows wallet, check that your setup file is PTS-v2.0.1-0.0.9-x86.exe. If not, you can download from

https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS/releases/download/v2.0.1/PTS-v2.0.1-0.0.9-x86.exe

Offline coininvestor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 05:25:55 am »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 04:31:40 am »
Yes, of course. They are working on it. 

Just wondering if this is normal for this coin or why the transaction is no where to be found in the block explorer.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I was hoping the community would have some insight.  Maybe it's just poloniex adjusting to the new coin.

This same thing happened to me today as well... I'm not going to try very hard to withdraw from polo until they get it figured out.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 02:12:54 am »
Maybe it's just poloniex adjusting to the new coin.

yup i would guess this also
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline coininvestor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 02:10:01 am »
Yes, of course. They are working on it. 

Just wondering if this is normal for this coin or why the transaction is no where to be found in the block explorer.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I was hoping the community would have some insight.  Maybe it's just poloniex adjusting to the new coin.