Author Topic: Stellar  (Read 3316 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
That's just how this space works. And when it is our time, we are ready for it! :)

In the last few months, we've seen huge pumps in Peercoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, Counterparty and Maidsafecoin. The hot spec money will flow back into BitShares, at a seemingly random time. Whos ready for the next ride?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Everything goes up in tandem. Even similar names will go up, just because of speculative game theory. In this case the tech is similar, and of course Stellar is to Ripple something like what NEM was to NXT - more transparent and with better distribution.

Seems like we already missed most of it if we missed it by now, but who knows? In any case, watch out for the next thing. Might be us, might be Darkcoin, might be NXT. If it is us, then we might see all out clones go up. If it is Darkcoin, we might see all anoncoins go up. If it is NXT we might see their assets and clones go up.

That's just how this space works. And when it is our time, we are ready for it! :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:57:31 pm by CLains »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think it's the same as LTC. Stellar is being bought my people who missed the Ripple train.

Agreed, expect numerous other forks of Ripple to appear and attempt to be new Ripple-like "coins"

Whereas Litecoin was arguably a slight improvement on Bitcoin when it came out, Stellar started damaging Ripples code base from the moment it got forked and never looked back.

Remember that the person behind Stellar was also responsible for the "original sin" of Ripple and has a track record of abandoned projects ...

Stellar is basically an attempt to bootstrap a crypto monetary system bottom up as opposed to top down approach taken by Ripple.

Stellar only has 1.5% of all possible STRs floating and is currently enjoying Ripples halo effect.

This likely btc38 pump and dump will crash and crash hard ... Get some popcorn

Agreed, Ripple legitimately got where it is with great business partnerships.

What does Stellar have?  Does it actually even have any banks using it?
Why should Stellar go up just because Ripple is?  Ripple is going up because it actually signed up some big banks.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile
I think it's the same as LTC. Stellar is being bought my people who missed the Ripple train.

Agreed, expect numerous other forks of Ripple to appear and attempt to be new Ripple-like "coins"

Whereas Litecoin was arguably a slight improvement on Bitcoin when it came out, Stellar started damaging Ripples code base from the moment it got forked and never looked back.

Remember that the person behind Stellar was also responsible for the "original sin" of Ripple and has a track record of abandoned projects ...

Stellar is basically an attempt to bootstrap a crypto monetary system bottom up as opposed to top down approach taken by Ripple.

Stellar only has 1.5% of all possible STRs floating and is currently enjoying Ripples halo effect.

This likely btc38 pump and dump will crash and crash hard ... Get some popcorn

Offline fuzzy

+5%

But Stellar also was very intelligent in their distribution through facebook accounts.  People holding just 1000 stellar could find themselves suddenly interested in crypto--and having no clue that it really isn't decentralized by authority.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Offline quasar

• View Profile
Seems like its going to pass BTS by market-cap any time now :O
Anyone know what going on with Stellar? Is it a pump/dump or it's for real?

Offline fuzzy

We would put out a video, but our BTSTV liscence has been revoked

Missed the news, what happened?

Stellar forked from Ripple with an even worse distribution and is doing well. Any reason we can't do the same?

Well, you know...PTS still is up and running.  And AGS'ers are all wondering if stakes in future forks for them are going the way of the dodo bird...

There is ample opportunity for someone to do so.

sumantso

We would put out a video, but our BTSTV liscence has been revoked

Missed the news, what happened?

Stellar forked from Ripple with an even worse distribution and is doing well. Any reason we can't do the same?

Offline fuzzy

Stellar to Ripple is what Litecoin was to Bitcoin ... mostly useless and mostly harmless "silver to XRP gold"

yep, but even if it reaches a 1:10 stellar/ripple valuation we are looking at Stellar in the 70,000,000 marketcap area.

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile
Stellar to Ripple is what Litecoin was to Bitcoin ... mostly useless and mostly harmless "silver to XRP gold"

Offline fuzzy

We have been talking about this forever, however, now that Ripple (and Stellar) have finally been recognized as the breakaway 2.0 successor to Bitcoin bassed on market cap, It may be time to re-visit our chief distinctions from our closest crypto cousin:

BitShares and Ripple are both bitcoin/NXT destroyers because of our instantaneous trading time.  From the first moment I sent and received Ripple, I knew that I would never hold another bitcoin again.  Likewise, from the moment I sent and received a BitShare, I knew that I would never hold another Ripple ever again.  That phenonomen right there is our main similarity (our ability to simply devour our competition in one gulp).

Now our differences:

Ripple distribution = NXT style traditional “100% pre-mined” Proof of Stake

BitShares distribution = fair traditional Proof of Work launch with 0% pre-mine (via PTS)

Ripple network = centralized like Visa and Western Union

BitShares network = more decentralized than Bitcoin

Purchasing assets on Ripple introduces counterparty risk

Purchasing assets on BitShares will give you a choice of using a counterparty backed gateway or a collateral-based counterparty-free market experience.

BitShares stakeholders vote on who controls the network, Ripple stakeholders are bound by the central authority.

Ripple getting this attention is free publicity for us, just like Sparkle.  Bitcoin 2.0 news on the wire will only teach people why we are the most free-market option in the space.

I sincerely hope that Stellar's market cap overtakes bitcoin’s (disclaimer, I own none).

We would put out a video, but our BTSTV liscence has been revoked (not to mention that we recently performed a hot bitcoin injection that won't reach bter until Monday, so we don't want our price to rise til Tuesday):

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11977.msg158179#msg158179

Maybe we could do a :

http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/homevideoprojects/p/Xtranormal-Easy-Animated-Videos.htm

BitShares - a blockchain with soul

Though I agree with you on all your points...and even agree with you on your assessment of Ripple compared to BitShares, I actually think the centralization is primarily why they might have an upper hand.  The powers that be will want to be big players there while this ecosystem will represent a potential threat to their existence that they know they can never overcome if it is allowed to grow too much too fast.  I actually think that is precisely why we saw all those antics when bitshares was preparing to jettison above Ripple's marketcap.  I mean, never before have I seen a company put 3x the amount of outstanding shares on the market and triple their marketcap by doing so.  I might be missing something here, but to this day that event is weird as shit to me. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:37:25 am by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

Yep, good thing we arent NXT, they just got passed.

I honestly think we are going to be too.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yep, good thing we arent NXT, they just got passed.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Looks like Stellar might find itself passing us up if Ripple continues its moves up. 

Interesting to watch.