Author Topic: New delegate: moon.warlock  (Read 5477 times)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
I am looking are running 2 marketing delegates, but I would like to partner with trustworthy technology inclined folks to run the delegate for me.

You keep 5% and send over 95%.  Is anyone here open to that.  PM please if so.   I will not return to this thread.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I have also started a delegate for the same reasons as you.

It is hosted in London, has price feeds, latest version and only taking 2%.

I hope to include some additional price feeds like Oil soon. Plans are also in place to source prices from different feeds to help diversify the network (Most people get prices from same websites).

delegate-mdj.

Offline davidpbrown

Merry Xmas!

♬♬ All I want for Xmas - is your votes! ♬♬ :D

See you in the New Year!  8)
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
you are also not producing any feeds. Any reason for that?

?..me .. they are there, 19 active feeds.. if you search delegates in the client for moon.warlock then hold your breath for a moment, the price feed appears. I might look at hacking the script to allow for simple other options like bter XRP, so we can short that too.

Currently bitsharesblocks suggests feed frequency of 69.5 though I'm not sure I understand what that measure is. .. and still only Rank 165 :-X
hmmm couldn't see it in the client as well as on bitsharesblocks. Now i see 19 feeds on bitsharesblocks.

Offline davidpbrown

?..me .. they are there, 19 active feeds.. if you search delegates in the client for moon.warlock then hold your breath for a moment, the price feed appears. I might look at hacking the script to allow for simple other options like bter XRP, so we can short that too.

Currently bitsharesblocks suggests feed frequency of 69.5 though I'm not sure I understand what that measure is. .. and still only Rank 165 :-X

Offline CalabiYau

Thanks for the votes so far..

Looking over other delegates, it seems these below are those ones outside 101 and providing the right version and feeds.
Perhaps consider transferring some votes:

neuronics
delegate.robrigo
jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani
delegate-clayop
moon.warlock
bitfeeds.chsln
delegate.trev

Thank you for including neuronics. It is an offering to "the market" to vote for delegates doing some
basic maintenance and performance. If I look at BitsharesBlocks - some improvement but still to much red imho, looking forward that the voters use their power to sort out over time. I ll give my votes tomorrow to those publishing feeds.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline davidpbrown

Is there a possibility that you state within the client (on the blockchain) that moon.warlock is a delegate of davidpbrown and that people should check the bts delegates subforum to verify that. The reason I mention this is: From time to time I go through the delegates list and find a lot of delegates where I do not know who they relate to so I then just don't vote...

Good thought.. I've burnt a message to the wall of moon.warlock, though it's unclear to me where that is visible unless someone is looking it up deliberately.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Why did you not name your delegate after your forum handle here. I would not have recognized it if I went through the delegates list and therefore wouldn't have voted.
But now I do :) and also for the others you linked since they provide feeds and the right version!

Thanks .. still at 167 with 0.52% so that made the world of difference :) Did you action the vote or just change the thumbs up?..

I didn't use the forum handle because I expected that I would have to use my main wallet to create a subordinate name. Warlock can spawn subordinate names as delegates and be separate on a host in the cloud that I don't need to trust.
I realized that I have to update the client which I am doing atm. Will take a while...

Is there a possibility that you state within the client (on the blockchain) that moon.warlock is a delegate of davidpbrown and that people should check the bts delegates subforum to verify that. The reason I mention this is: From time to time I go through the delegates list and find a lot of delegates where I do not know who they relate to so I then just don't vote...

Offline davidpbrown

Why did you not name your delegate after your forum handle here. I would not have recognized it if I went through the delegates list and therefore wouldn't have voted.
But now I do :) and also for the others you linked since they provide feeds and the right version!

Thanks .. still at 167 with 0.52% so that made the world of difference :) Did you action the vote or just change the thumbs up?..

I didn't use the forum handle because I expected that I would have to use my main wallet to create a subordinate name. Warlock can spawn subordinate names as delegates and be separate on a host in the cloud that I don't need to trust.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I was looking at http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates and wondering at the amount of red and orange and the number out of date clients.

In an effort to provide more stable delegates, I've setup moon.warlock on a dedicated server in Amsterdam and wonder that if that works well, I might set a few more running. I'm hosted on vultr.com which impressed me in part by accepting Bitcoin payments. They suggest themselves a lot faster than AWS and certainly have performed well so far.

This is set at an uncontroversial 3% pay rate.. I am doing this more for fun than profit. In the event that brings reward for the effort, then I'll be encouraged to setup more. Vultr offers hosting round the planet; so, expanding would be trivial.

Hopefully, the feed will work well too.. I've using bitSuperLab's script for now, though I wonder we need variety beyond three scripts. I might look at hacking one, if it's not too complex and if there really are more sources of data that those three existing scripts already draw on.. perhaps sources of distinct data are limited but perhaps they can respond in different ways too.

So, vote moon.warlock .. if only because it's not just another marketing delegate! :)

Offline davidpbrown

Please vote for those delegates that are performing.. http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates

Slightly off topic but I wonder about the value of providing what will be an increasing cost for both zero return and zero contribution to the network for those outside the top 101. What might happen in future where such discontinuity exists between 101 and 102?.. will there be only ~110 delegates to choose from, all fighting for those 101 places. Will all others begin to wonder at the value of putting up a server and a parallel devshares server.. with all the diskspace that might require, if they are making no contribution even, let alone seeing any return?

Anyway - vote!.. Currently at 167 with only 0.52%

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Looking over other delegates, it seems these below are those ones outside 101 and providing the right version and feeds.

neuronics
delegate.robrigo
delegate-clayop
moon.warlock
bitfeeds.chsln
delegate.trev

Thanks for including me. Your list seems nice, I will take a look at them and may add them in my slate too.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline robrigo

neuronics
delegate.robrigo
delegate-clayop
moon.warlock
bitfeeds.chsln
delegate.trev

Thank you for your support. I am trying my best to maintain a reliable standby delegate and will be reviewing the standby delegates I am voting for based upon their ability to stay up to date and produce feeds.

Offline chsln

• View Profile

neuronics
delegate.robrigo
delegate-clayop
moon.warlock
bitfeeds.chsln
delegate.trev

Thanks for including me on your list!

I've started my delegate mainly for the same reasons as you did.

+5%

Delegate: bitfeeds.chsln