Author Topic: What should the top priorities be for BitShares RIGHT NOW?  (Read 7167 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
1. (priority 1) Core functionality -> resolve all forking issues.
2. (priority 1) User protection and information -> Implement safety features in the clients that prevent the user from transacting if that user is on a fork. (Apart from delegate participation there could be queries to some seed nodes in order to see if the client is on the same fork). The users must be clearly informed about the state of the network.
3. (priority 3) Lightweight client. Mobile application.
4. (priority 3) Spread the word about Bitshares.

I'd want to add in a 3b - UIA features.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
2. (priority 1) User protection and information -> Implement safety features in the clients that prevent the user from transacting if that user is on a fork. (Apart from delegate participation there could be queries to some seed nodes in order to see if the client is on the same fork). The users must be clearly informed about the state of the network.
3. (priority 3) Lightweight client. Mobile application.
4. (priority 3) Spread the word about Bitshares.
+5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
3. (priority 1) Polish all the clients!
4. (priority 3) Lightweight client. Mobile application.
5. (priority 3) Spread the word about Bitshares.

EDIT1:Added 3. (polishing of clients)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:43:16 pm by emski »

Offline Riverhead

The wallet and network stability are by far the biggest pain points right now. The other posts can be summed up as marketing and adoption.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
#1. from dispersed ideas to articulate proposals
#1. from articulate proposals to defined priorities
#1. from defined priorities to realistic planning
#1. from realistic planning to coordinated actions
#1. from coordinated actions to accomplished implementation

+5% to Fuzz for trying to define more efficient community process!

Creativity and brainstorming are great, but taking responsibility for necessary work is crucial... (this is rather a reflection that some of us - myself for instance - find exchanging ideas and questioning concepts very exciting, but more weight should be put on deciding what projects to focus on and actually do stuff pursuing them). I find following this forum and CMC price moves quite addictive, while any deep dive and effortful production do require much more energy and are less rewarding on hormonal level (delayed gratification)...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:46:30 pm by kisa »

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

1. BitShares needs widespread media coverage comparable to the attention that Bitcoin was getting 1 year ago.
2. The only way to get that coverage is to create a huge bubble
3. The only way to get that bubble is through encouraging speculation
4. The only speculators with the funds and cojones to create said bubble are early bitcoin adopters
5. Marketing efforts therefore should be directed initially at wealth bitcoin adopters looking for the cryptocurrency successor.

A good first step is an accessible video explaining that Bitshares is like Bitcoin, but supports BitUSD, has better decentralization, and is self-financing. Something like the original famous 'weusecoins' video.

You're forgetting about the utility of Market Pegged Assets (MPAs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
1. BitShares needs widespread media coverage comparable to the attention that Bitcoin was getting 1 year ago.
2. The only way to get that coverage is to create a huge bubble
3. The only way to get that bubble is through encouraging speculation
4. The only speculators with the funds and cojones to create said bubble are early bitcoin adopters
5. Marketing efforts therefore should be directed initially at wealth bitcoin adopters looking for the cryptocurrency successor.

A good first step is an accessible video explaining that Bitshares is like Bitcoin, but supports BitUSD, has better decentralization, and is self-financing. Something like the original famous 'weusecoins' video.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Ecommerce plugins will help with the usability especially once vendors start accepting bitassets
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mint chocolate chip

#1 Priority --> Buy more BitShares
#2 Priority --> Tell your friends to do #1

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Please give a few answers and we will compile them. 

From there I will set up a poll and we will look at those as the Foundational Milestones that are chosen by the community as the top priorities.  I am going to use this to help find delegates to help with the completion of these. 

Thank you for your time.

Let me begin:  We need the light client to be sleek, easy to use and bug free.   

We need easy to use multi-sig for cold storage and other security features before mainstream adoption. So before 1.0.

It should be something like Copay where a group of people can share a Bitshares wallet or the same person can secure it something like 2 of 3 with the trusted third party being a centralized exchange, Circle or Coinbase.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I should add:

Easy fiat onramps from USD into both BTS and bitUSD.

Excellent point + a workable debit card for bitUSD

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
1) Light Weight Client
2) Lots of quality documentation (ie: my blog)
3) Gateways

4) Quality marketing materials promoting Bitshares to the crypto community, libertarian community, etc, which reference them to the above quality documentation, and to less technical pages which describe the benefits of bitshares in clear terms.

5) Press releases / Interviews with media members / Articles by journalists in the crypto community which explain the features and benefits of bitshares.    For example: One article about Counterparty and Smart contracts comes out and it goes up 300%.  Bitshares will be able to do this as well, but nobody knows or cares, we need articles to actually discuss us and make people aware of our amazing features.

6) Business partnerships which will make use of Bitshares features.  Press releases announcing these partnerships once they are ready.

Yes'm good points Ander.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Another priority:

Get interviews with the reporters who write for Cointelegraph.
Have them write articles about the Bitshares features.

Today I see this article:
Regarding Bitshares Mail:

Look at this article from cointelegraph today:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113147/student-uses-the-blockchain-to-develop-censorship-resistant-messaging-app

Bitshares has that with Bitshares mail.
But no one ever writes articles reporting on our features.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander