Author Topic: PayCoin bumped BitShares out of #4 on Coinmarketcap.com  (Read 15138 times)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
In other news: 50 Cent reveals $78 million underwear deal with FRIGO

PnD alts are just mutants in our local CMC pond you guys,
2015 is the year we find the real monsters..

50 is a real hustler :) Good for him! 78 million from underwear. That is almost 2x our market cap! LOL
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:14:30 am by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
In other news: 50 Cent reveals $78 million underwear deal with FRIGO

PnD alts are just mutants in our local CMC pond you guys,
2015 is the year we find the real monsters..

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Hilariously they've set themselves up in a situation where staying at their current market cap is basically a total failure, even though they made it to number 4 instantly. As I understand it people bought them for 20 USD in the ICO with the assumption that it was "backed" at that level. If it stays below 20 USD for too long it'll probably completely unravel.

Maybe there is a little bit of misinformation here. Since August I have been with GAW with their Hashlet . I have gained enough funds mining and right after the price of Hashlets soared from $16 to $50  , I have breakeven and more.

Now Paycoin, investors have $4 /coin in ICO where as Josh Garza , CEO of GAW guaranteed its price to peg at $20 once its on the market. The thing with PayCoin is , it had recently ended its PoW phase  with 500,000 coins being mined using SHA-256  algo. After this  PoS will start with the so-called HashStaker wallet (evolved from Hashlets).The recent jacked up of coin supply was due to the miners of Hashlets through Hashpoint- a mining reward for GAW accounts.  Paycoin will continue to increase its supply since it will enter the PoS phase Monday Dec 22, 2014.

So it is actually POS! That's a bit more impressive. It could be they are actually a serious competitor to bitshares, especially if they actually deliver on the 20 USD and maintain their high liquidity... Unless it turns out to all be one big pump and dump.

I seriously doubt if  pump and dump may happen. There is structure or whitepaper that Paycoin will be staked. It's really attractive to investors. Aside from going to be major payment processor (KYC will began shortly) among retail store and online market, the rate of HashStaker (wallets where coins are being staked in 3 or 6 months or even forever) for round 1 would be 0.00972. So if someone stake 1 paycoin to HashStaker wallet here is the computation :

1 x 0.00972 = 0.00972 XPY daily
                                    0.00972 x 30 days = 0.2916 XPY monthly

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Just let me publish a feed for all the entries on coinmarketcap...

Its a simple formula, really:

BTS = 10*(BTC = 100*(XRP = 1000*(LTC = ...

8)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Hilariously they've set themselves up in a situation where staying at their current market cap is basically a total failure, even though they made it to number 4 instantly. As I understand it people bought them for 20 USD in the ICO with the assumption that it was "backed" at that level. If it stays below 20 USD for too long it'll probably completely unravel.

Maybe there is a little bit of misinformation here. Since August I have been with GAW with their Hashlet . I have gained enough funds mining and right after the price of Hashlets soared from $16 to $50  , I have breakeven and more.

Now Paycoin, investors have $4 /coin in ICO where as Josh Garza , CEO of GAW guaranteed its price to peg at $20 once its on the market. The thing with PayCoin is , it had recently ended its PoW phase  with 500,000 coins being mined using SHA-256  algo. After this  PoS will start with the so-called HashStaker wallet (evolved from Hashlets).The recent jacked up of coin supply was due to the miners of Hashlets through Hashpoint- a mining reward for GAW accounts.  Paycoin will continue to increase its supply since it will enter the PoS phase Monday Dec 22, 2014.

So it is actually POS! That's a bit more impressive. It could be they are actually a serious competitor to bitshares, especially if they actually deliver on the 20 USD and maintain their high liquidity... Unless it turns out to all be one big pump and dump.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

I don't understand much any of the hardcore mining mumbo-jumbo, but how exactly does a coin magically x11 its coin supply without a corresponding massive decrease in price? And how the hell can Garza "guarantee" a peg at 4x higher than it was trading at just a few days ago??

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Constantly floored by the level of bullshit that most cryptos are willing to construct in order to effect their perception of value. 

More and more I realize that bitshares really is one of a very few legitimate projects out there.  Sadly, the masses are easily swayed by such dishonest tactics and so many will lose their asses.

Maybe we should set up a delegate to pay out to those who have been screwed over by illegitimate coins in some way.  Not entirely sure how that would look though...

That is a REALLY bad idea.

Yeah, because how would you prove that they actually lost money? People would take advantage of this.

thus the "Not entirely sure how this would work though" part.  :)
It is obvious people could scam it if done incorrectly...only question is--IS there a right way to do something like this?

The other question is "should someone bail out investors who lost money?" Sounds familiar to the government/bank relationship imo. Providing a safety net for recklessness could be problematic.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline fuzzy

Constantly floored by the level of bullshit that most cryptos are willing to construct in order to effect their perception of value. 

More and more I realize that bitshares really is one of a very few legitimate projects out there.  Sadly, the masses are easily swayed by such dishonest tactics and so many will lose their asses.

Maybe we should set up a delegate to pay out to those who have been screwed over by illegitimate coins in some way.  Not entirely sure how that would look though...

Yeah, because how would you prove that they actually lost money? People would take advantage of this.

thus the "Not entirely sure how this would work though" part.  :)
It is obvious people could scam it if done incorrectly...only question is--IS there a right way to do something like this?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Have not read it.  Link?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896480.0

As it says in the thread, this is required reading for anyone thinking of getting into altcoins.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

Offline fuzzy

constantly floored by the level of bullshit that most cryptos are willing to construct in order to effect their perception of value. 

More and more I realize that bitshares really is one of a very few legitimate projects out there.  Sadly, the masses are easily swayed by such dishonest tactics.

Did you read the bob surplus story? It seems like most altcoins as a rule are simply scammers scamming scammers.

Have not read it.  Link?

I sincerely hope that is true but part of me thinks that many being scammed are newbies to crypto who take the terms "trustless system" to mean people can't scam you. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Rune

• View Profile
constantly floored by the level of bullshit that most cryptos are willing to construct in order to effect their perception of value. 

More and more I realize that bitshares really is one of a very few legitimate projects out there.  Sadly, the masses are easily swayed by such dishonest tactics.

Did you read the bob surplus story? It seems like most altcoins as a rule are simply scammers scamming scammers.