Author Topic: PTS Thoughts  (Read 4332 times)

Offline fuckingegg

• View Profile
a little bit splendid

Offline Primecoindude

• View Profile
Well, I think if we could at least get our operation looking more like mastercoin, we would hit .1 BTC for 1 protoshare. Mastercoin is the master at looking big. They have around 10 sites. We need that too. I have three weeks vacation and would love to work on a project. Hint Hint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay here is a way to get PTS like Mastercoin. First you need to have a PTS faucet. You also have to look at the fact that there are something like 619,000 or so Mastercoins ever while there are 1,138,746 Protoshares. More people have to have a stake in Protoshares and the difficulty has to go up significantly which could take a few months. The cost of making a Protoshare is still too cheap and a lot of people made theirs early on and are dumping to keep the price low or to cash out.

Giving a lot of people a small amount in a faucet, these people aren't very likely to sell. Giving a few people a whole lot and these people are more likely to sell.

So if Mastercoin is like Asicminer then we can expect that it will eventually be going for 2-3 BTC each as a fair price. There are going to be 2 million PTS and unlike MSC you have inflation at a fairly high rate. Not long ago there were only 500,000 protoshares and now we are already over 1 million. The price probably should be double what it is but there are more Protoshares being mined and these miners are probably not little miners with their PCs but big datacenter players mining hundreds or perhaps thousands of Protoshares and then selling them.

If you have a few hundred computers mining Protoshares you can get thousands of them and sell thousands for 0.024. If you're one guy and it takes you over a week to get 1 PTS you're not going to sell it for that.

Those are some really good observations. I wonder how many people are sitting on PTS that plan to dump them? If it's a lot, even the Keyhotee release won't be enough to get to the .04 ~ .05 range. On the flip-side, it's good for the community to get more people involved in the project and the cheaper prices help that. However, that's also why PTS should have been slower to mine. Nothing to do but work on the project I guess.

If it was slower to mine it would delay Bitshares, or not delay but less Protoshares would means less Bitshares in the genesis block.
I think that at the moment PTS is undervalued at Cryptsy, its cheaper to buy then to mine right now.
Yes of course some early miners are selling now and cashing in but i find it hard to see that people that mine PTS right now or in the future is mining to sell right away cause it would be to throw money away.
I think we will see 0.05 range in mid/late january. Bitcoin and everything else is very likely to keep going down over Christmas then catch up again in January.

Offline que23

• View Profile
Well, I think if we could at least get our operation looking more like mastercoin, we would hit .1 BTC for 1 protoshare. Mastercoin is the master at looking big. They have around 10 sites. We need that too. I have three weeks vacation and would love to work on a project. Hint Hint

Okay here is a way to get PTS like Mastercoin. First you need to have a PTS faucet. You also have to look at the fact that there are something like 619,000 or so Mastercoins ever while there are 1,138,746 Protoshares. More people have to have a stake in Protoshares and the difficulty has to go up significantly which could take a few months. The cost of making a Protoshare is still too cheap and a lot of people made theirs early on and are dumping to keep the price low or to cash out.

Giving a lot of people a small amount in a faucet, these people aren't very likely to sell. Giving a few people a whole lot and these people are more likely to sell.

So if Mastercoin is like Asicminer then we can expect that it will eventually be going for 2-3 BTC each as a fair price. There are going to be 2 million PTS and unlike MSC you have inflation at a fairly high rate. Not long ago there were only 500,000 protoshares and now we are already over 1 million. The price probably should be double what it is but there are more Protoshares being mined and these miners are probably not little miners with their PCs but big datacenter players mining hundreds or perhaps thousands of Protoshares and then selling them.

If you have a few hundred computers mining Protoshares you can get thousands of them and sell thousands for 0.024. If you're one guy and it takes you over a week to get 1 PTS you're not going to sell it for that.

Those are some really good observations. I wonder how many people are sitting on PTS that plan to dump them? If it's a lot, even the Keyhotee release won't be enough to get to the .04 ~ .05 range. On the flip-side, it's good for the community to get more people involved in the project and the cheaper prices help that. However, that's also why PTS should have been slower to mine. Nothing to do but work on the project I guess.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:07:51 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Well, I think if we could at least get our operation looking more like mastercoin, we would hit .1 BTC for 1 protoshare. Mastercoin is the master at looking big. They have around 10 sites. We need that too. I have three weeks vacation and would love to work on a project.

By the way... where's

(... and why is his surname underlined? :) )

Protoshares do not cost $100 each to mine so there is no way it will hit .1 anytime soon. But I do think the prices it is at now cannot possibly be profitable for miners. I stopped mining weeks ago. 

I would say 1 PTS would take around $50 of resources to mine if it were truly a decentralized group of miners then the price would be around 0.05 for PTS.

We wont see 0.1 in 2013. We might see it in 2014 after Bitshares or some DACs are released which follow the social contract. The more DACs which follow the social contract the higher the value of protoshares so anyone making a DAC would be wise to buy protoshares now if they intend to honor the social contract.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gigamike

Thanks for the response. For now there is no earnings on mining. Better for now i guest just buy rather than mining...in my end mining 1pts = 30+usd

Do pts have a daemon like bitcoind?

Offline que23

• View Profile

Well, I think if we could at least get our operation looking more like mastercoin, we would hit .1 BTC for 1 protoshare. Mastercoin is the master at looking big. They have around 10 sites. We need that too. I have three weeks vacation and would love to work on a project.

By the way... where's

I sent him a message. I'm eagerly awaiting a response. Seriously, in three weeks I could do a lot.

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile

By the way... where's

Offline que23

• View Profile

Offline dacer

• View Profile
Nobody knows the real value PTS has until a successful DAC releases.

Offline gigamike

Guys,

what's your thoughts about PTS. Im running several server to mine PTS so far so good. Im almost billed 1K$ lol. What's your future prediction price about it?

Thanks,

Mike