Author Topic: PTS - the insane gift that keeps on giving!  (Read 26604 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I still have doubts that third parties will be so willing to sharedrop on either BTS or PTS

Well, Devshares just got 33%

Yea, that's also pretty ridiculous. Why exactly did BTS buy out PTS and AGS if it's going to continue giving them pieces of the BitShares pie? Makes no goddamn sense.

+5% I agree. It is crazy. In the real world when a company gets bought out that is it, the new company owns it! Everyone holding PTS was more then fairly compensated for their investment. Now it is time to just do a 100% sharedrop on BTS as we are all in this together now because of the merger.

Haha
hahaha

That's why I love you BTSers! You think you gave us just a piece of the pie, when we rob you blind from YOUR test network!

Let me put it in numbers for you!
For 1BTC you could have bought 'dead PTS' easily at 0.0008BTC/PTS. or 1250 PTS for each BTC.
@567 DEVshares/PTS this would have netted you, like it did for me, 708,750 DevShares.

If you were stupid enough you could have bought 22,222 BTS for same 1BTC at 0.000045 BTC/BTS;
or 22,222 BTS for 1 BTC. This would have given you 8,889 DevShares...

If us PTS holders are getting 80 times more Devshares than BTS per 1 BTC invested, tell me who owns your precious test network? You thought you bought us? Keep dreaming. It seems like we owe you and you keep delivering your annual and monthly gifts to the king! The king of PTS!

On a side note, I get the same ratios from Sparkle compared to you BTSers!!! And if I so desire I can even sell my undead PTS for what I paid for them after ripping those 2 benefits, and buy BTS! And you say we PTS are not the greatest?

+5% 

It's a complete fallacy to say that dropping on all 3 is best for DevShares.  Why do we want what is best for DevShares?  If it's not 100% snapshot its a competitor for capital.  It's in the same crypto speculation market.  Some people will buy fewer BitShares to buy DevShares too, or just DevShares.  If Devshare's value to BitShares is divided by 3, then the sharedropping of it over PTS + AGS has to bring a minimum of 3x the value to DevShares that dropping on BitShares alone would do.  Does dropping on PTS + AGS make DVS 3x more valuable than if it was on just BTS?

Unless the devs aren't working for BTS, and are "freelancers" who work for whatever chain they like.  Clarification of that being the case would harm BTS, in which case BTS loyalty is required, at least while it's a sapling. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:56:30 pm by matt608 »

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Haha
hahaha

That's why I love you BTSers! You think you gave us just a piece of the pie, when we rob you blind from YOUR test network!

For 1BTC you could have bought 'dead PTS' easily at 0.0008BTC/PTS. or 1250 PTS for each BTC.
@567 DEVshares/PTS this would have netted you, like it did for me, 708,750 DevShares.

If you were stupid enough you could have bought 22,222 BTS for same 1BTC at 0.000045 BTC/BTS;

If us PTS holders are getting 80 times more Devshares than BTS per 1 BTC invested, tell me who owns your precious test network? You thought you bought us? Keep dreaming. It seems like we owe you and you keep delivering your annual and monthly gifts to the king! The king of PTS!

On a side note, I get the same ratios from Sparkle compared to you BTSers!!! And if I so desire I can even sell my undead PTS for what I paid for them after ripping those 2 benefits, and buy BTS! And you say we PTS are not the greatest?

Lol there's so much truth to this it hurts...ow...

All hail the king!

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
I still have doubts that third parties will be so willing to sharedrop on either BTS or PTS

Yea, that's also pretty ridiculous. Why exactly did BTS buy out PTS and AGS if it's going to continue giving them pieces of the BitShares pie? Makes no goddamn sense.

+5% I agree. It is crazy. In the real world when a company gets bought out that is it, the new company owns it! Everyone holding PTS was more then fairly compensated for their investment. Now it is time to just do a 100% sharedrop on BTS as we are all in this together now because of the merger.

Haha
hahaha

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:15:39 pm by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

sumantso

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
PTS is an independent product from an independent developer.

...an independent product that is in direct competition with BTS as a sharedrop instrument, after BTS paid handsomely to absorb this feature...

I still have doubts that third parties will be so willing to sharedrop on either BTS or PTS, so I guess it doesn't matter all that much. I just hate how the entire debacle divides the community and dilutes our focus, when the point of the merger was to unite the community behind one coin -- BTS.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:47:48 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Stan's losing his touch, I was expecting center aligned sentences, a few quotes and some choice memes.

I was expecting him to share his thoughts freely, in an objective and fair manner.  In his usual honest self, he just did. :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:47:57 pm by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
This is a sarcastic attempt at saying PTS is still getting unfair rewards after they diluted BTS 25%.

I fully agree, PTS and AGS should not exist anymore. We paid millions of dollars for their features to be rolled into BTS. Its simply not fair that they continue to get sharedrops, unless we also take the diluted 25% back.

But isn't that exactly the beauty of a free market solution? Third parties are free to allocate in a way that they feel brings the most value for their system. And if that includes AGS/PTS then great, so be it. Why don't you go ahead and invest in PTS then?
And if BTS brings more advantages as an airdrop target than PTS, then free market will figure it out either ways.

My problem is that dan, stan and others who have a fiduciary duty to BTS holders are promoting them, and that this board still has a PTS subforum. In the eyes of BTS holders, PTS should no longer exist. We paid explicitly to buy them out, and they should not get any support from the BTS community. If they still want to be the official bitshares sharedrop DAC, then the 25% dilution of our money that they received should be revoked.

+5% +5% +5%

PTS was bought out by BTS and they also got there PTS returned. It ticks me off that they keep getting benefits after the merger.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

sumantso

Stan's losing his touch, I was expecting center aligned sentences, a few quotes and some choice memes.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
PTS is an independent product from an independent developer.
Just like PLAY, MUSIC, Sparkle, etc.
It represents a valid concept and unique demographic.
It is another opportunity to test DPOS variations and demonstrate them to the world.
We are not expending resources to promote it.
We feel free to use it as much as any of the others when it has a use that meets our needs.
We do comment on third party DACs from time to time to make a technical or philosophical point.
And often talking about the greater BitShares ecosystem serves a valid marketing purpose.
The existence of altShares strengthens that ecosystem.
We are free lance actors and, as such, are free to express our honest opinions, as people have grown to expect.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
This is a sarcastic attempt at saying PTS is still getting unfair rewards after they diluted BTS 25%.

I fully agree, PTS and AGS should not exist anymore. We paid millions of dollars for their features to be rolled into BTS. Its simply not fair that they continue to get sharedrops, unless we also take the diluted 25% back.

But isn't that exactly the beauty of a free market solution? Third parties are free to allocate in a way that they feel brings the most value for their system. And if that includes AGS/PTS then great, so be it. Why don't you go ahead and invest in PTS then?
And if BTS brings more advantages as an airdrop target than PTS, then free market will figure it out either ways.

My problem is that dan, stan and others who have a fiduciary duty to BTS holders are promoting them, and that this board still has a PTS subforum. In the eyes of BTS holders, PTS should no longer exist. We paid explicitly to buy them out, and they should not get any support from the BTS community. If they still want to be the official bitshares sharedrop DAC, then the 25% dilution of our money that they received should be revoked.

Okay, I see your point.
I never really got why they wanted to revive PTS as DPOS chain after the merger.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

+5% +5% +5%

This sums up how I feel exactly. Love the OP too lol.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo