Author Topic: 100% developer delegate proposal: valzav.payroll.testz  (Read 7516 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I want to thank all BitShares community for being so enthusiastic and passionate at all times - this really makes my work much more meaningful and enjoyable. I want to thank whoever contributes with their skills and ideas - coders, marketers, translators, forum participants - you really make things happen, I think the most valuable BitShares asset is BitShare community. A special thanks to TestZ for running my delegate. 

Thank you Valentine for your great work! Will vote for sure!
Merry Christmas & hopefully happy holidays!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
 +5% it's a no-brainer decision to vote you

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
FYI everyone, Valzav also contributes meaningfully to the nullstreet marketing group & has worked on the faucet. I'll support you as a delegate.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline jamesc

It is all true.  I would add your very flexible, easy going, and open to a variety of ideas... + eats healthy .. I have voted for you!

Offline robrigo

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline onceuponatime

Thanks for all your efforts. Will vote for you.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
My name is Valentine (also known as valzav on this forum) and I’m working on BitShares Client full time since June 2014.

A little bit about me:
I’m full stack developer, very passionate about user interfaces and UX. My past experience includes 15 years of professional software developer career with expertise in financial software; internet marketing software; C++, C#, Ruby, JavaScript programming languages; back end and web/front end development.

About my past achievements:
- Polished out GUI architecture, the development stack (QT container + Angular HTML5 + RPC toolkit communication layer) we are using now has proven itself to be very flexible and helps us move forward rapidly.
- Intensively worked on BitShares GUI, implemented a lot of features, fixed a lot of issues.
- Developed acceptance testing framework that is now actively used by several BitShares core developers to test the toolkit.
- Developed accounts registrations faucet website and added support to the GUI (it’s available in version 0.4.27.2 that we've released today).
- Proposed referral program idea https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11356.0 and made proof of concept implementation.

Future plans:
- There is new GUI version under development, we expect it to be much more user friendly, lighter and easier to use for both novice and advanced users. It’s going to have modular architecture so it would be easier to extend it for independent developers. There are plans to support plugins/installable applications (find some of my thoughts on this topic there https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11594.msg152852#msg152852). New GUI would support both light weight and regular toolkit backends. There would be some changes to the development stack: on QT side we are migrating from QTWebKit to QTWebEngine, on Web side we are going to stick to AngularJS but replace presentation layer with Zurb Foundation for Apps - this would allow us to simplify presentation layer, improve performance and allow nice animated transitions.
- The same acceptance testing framework I mentioned above that now is used for toolkit testing can be adopted for GUI testing as well, I’m planning to incorporate it into the new GUI.
- Another great development, in which I want to be involved, is various marketing and referral campaigns - I had a lot of conversation with nullstreet folks and also today I’ve talked to Adam, and looks like we all agree that referral programs can be essential for a big marketing push planned for Q1 2015.
- Hope I would have time or some one’s help to create a web site that collects BitShares markets data and statics and represents it via nice looking charts, something like this http://www.ripplecharts.com/#/

Focus points:
- Perfect UX - simplicity; beautifully looking polished interfaces; better explanation of complex things; performance - UIs shouldn’t be laggish.
- Quality - more focus on testing; better architecture - I hope to make a lot of things more simple and straightforward in the new GUI.

I want to thank all BitShares community for being so enthusiastic and passionate at all times - this really makes my work much more meaningful and enjoyable. I want to thank whoever contributes with their skills and ideas - coders, marketers, translators, forum participants - you really make things happen, I think the most valuable BitShares asset is BitShare community. A special thanks to TestZ for running my delegate. 

Please vote for valzav.payroll.testz . Hope to gain your support. Have a great holidays.