Author Topic: Delegates Should Have a Business Plan  (Read 4434 times)

Offline jckj

• View Profile
Good job, I'll join in if bitshares is ready for appling with btter UI better app.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I totally disagree with this. It's inefficient for someone working for the blockchain to get paid by something else than the blockchain. There's a reason why people are unimpressed with the bitcoin foundation and blockstream, their economic incentives and motives are difficult to gauge, and they pose (IMO) dangerous risks of centralization.

Core developers, open source wallet developers and marketers are the groups whose work most obviously benefit the blockchain directly, but there's also examples of common infrastructure for our ecosystem. If bitsharesblocks.com had its user experience reduced by ads, it would cost bitshares more in usability than the amount of delegate pay that would be saved (assuming svk will eventually set a fair market rate USD ceiling on his salary). More importantly having svk deriving all his income from a delegate position puts him under the authority of stakeholders, ensuring our long term control of the common infrastructure and thus reducing risk.

And seriously, putting google ads on your blog??? Bitshares is going to look like a bunch of hustlers trying to nickel and dime everything if our lead developer is selling shitty google ads :p I'm starting to think this is a Christmas prank :p
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:56:19 pm by Rune »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Delegates aiming high to create profitable ventures.  +5%

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I definitely agree with delegates having better business plans but I don't think I'm necessarily a fan of trying to monetize everything. Even though I'm very dilution conservative, I think the user experience is critical & I think it would be far more beneficial if our top sites, light and mobile wallets were  generally free from unnecessary advertising and fees kept competitively low. It would even be nice if there were some over-arching branding elements so that interacting with BTS would seem more like a seamless, cohesive, professional experience than how users currently interact with Bitcoin imo.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.