Author Topic: Check Your Allocation - Episode II: Check It Again  (Read 30447 times)

MessyCoin

Hi,

Today I imported my PTS wallet into the BTS client and I am confused because I did not find the allocation for the Nov 5th snapshot as indicated in the doc in the original post.

I have held PTS in the same address over the course of all snapshots.

I understand the airdrop is over 2 years but expected to see evidence of it when I imported my PTS wallet.

The "Bitshares Reloaded" document says "planned BTS share drop in late November" ( http://bitshares.org/bitshares-reloaded/ )

What should I do now?

Thanks for any advice!

_wallet_check_sharedrop

So, other than checking, can this be claimed? I thought v0.25 was supposed to introduce the actual distribution, but haven't been in the loop.

I was a bit in the dark myself. From toast's reply, what I found was https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.24

Candidate sharedrop vesting balances are available for manual review using the console command wallet_check_sharedrop
Vesting balances will not be available for withdrawal until finalized in a later required upgrade

So looks like nothing can be claimed yet. If I am wrong then hopefully toast or one of the others will chime in.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Hi,

Today I imported my PTS wallet into the BTS client and I am confused because I did not find the allocation for the Nov 5th snapshot as indicated in the doc in the original post.

I understand the airdrop is over 2 years but expected to see evidence of it when I imported my PTS wallet.

The "Bitshares Reloaded" document says "planned BTS share drop in late November" ( http://bitshares.org/bitshares-reloaded/ )

What should I do now?

Thanks for any advice!

_wallet_check_sharedrop

So, other than checking, can this be claimed? I thought v0.25 was supposed to introduce the actual distribution, but haven't been in the loop.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hi,

What should I do now?

Thanks for any advice!

_wallet_check_sharedrop
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

MessyCoin

Hi,

What should I do now?

Thanks for any advice!

Offline bobb

• View Profile
Can you shed some light how comes you are only interested in DNS.
And buying it after launch does not explain it at all. You are interested in distribution that does not make sense if you just bought your DNS on the exchange?
Just want to understand the situation.
thanks!

I am not only interested in DNS. But I am especially interested in DNS because I maintain (good old) nameservers for quite some time now and was very enthusiastic about the project. As I started to dig into the project and set up my first delegate I also invested a larger amount in DNS, which was quite a lot for me. The project had the endorsement of BM and had toast as dev lead. As I also wanted to get involved it just seemed logical to do so.

As you might know, there is not much left of that investment. You don't have to quote any rules of investing to me. I know how it works.
I would never complain about the recent BTS price for example, because that's just how markets work.
But the way DNS's price was crushed is different. Everybody agreed to that. As a result BM told everyone that DNS holders will be 'made whole'.
If you then check your sharedrop ratio and realize that's not true and nobody even bothered to tell, that just feels wrong.

The announcement was that the compensation will be paid to the individual address with claimed pre announcement balance.
Later on there was also the idea to pay the exchanges some to also compensate them.

This just shifted to we gave most of it to the exchanges without (explicitly) telling anyone.
Instead of just complaining I try to understand why this turned out so different than announced . Hence the question.
I am trying to come up with a fix myself. Haven't found one, yet. But I now understand (in parts) why it was right to shift the funds to btc38/the exchanges.

Did that help to break out of the loop? If not, let me know I don't want to leave your brain in uncomfortable loops ;)

Offline toast

• View Profile
Code: [Select]
bts for exchanges: 3381306
can you shed some light on how that was distributed across the exchanges?

thanks!
Most to btc38 (2.9m). I'll post the rest from the office.
It was based on their self reported estimates given my explanation of who we thought had lost.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

zerosum

thanks!

Hi, DNS-Bobb,
Can you shed some light how comes you are only interested in DNS.
And buying it after launch does not explain it at all. You are interested in distribution that does not make sense if you just bought your DNS on the exchange?

thanks!

[disclaimer] Situations/facts that do not make sense, put my brain in a very uncomfortable loops...sorry for asking.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:54:36 am by tonyk2 »

Offline bobb

• View Profile

thanks!

Offline toast

• View Profile
This is everything, and is available to claim (the vested portion) as soon as we finalize it and disable the last lock. The current revision is in the chain but frozen.

Tuck Fheman

Just collect all the wallets you have together and wait until it's easy to import them all.

Easy enough, yet I'm compelled to bother everyone more. ;)

So when is this BTS allocation (appear in my wallet) supposed to take place? Or rather, when will I be able to import these wallets and receive the BTS?

I've confirmed my balances via the data you provided earlier and the tool someone else built and they match, but I'm unclear on which DAC (Vote, DNS, etc) is providing this BTS allocation since it's all lumped into one number. I'm assuming the #'s on the page represent my BTS allocation for Vote and DNS for each PTS/BTC address from which I donated.  Is that the case or does this data (in this thread) just represent DNS>BTS allocation?

And I almost forgot about AGS>BTS, is that included in these #'s or is that separate?

Offline toast

• View Profile
If I had sold all my DNS prior the announcement I wouldn't care right now!

Is there a specific time/date where things changed and past that point you are or aren't included in this allocation for DNS?

In looking back it appears that I sold in two batches and one "may" have been after the merger thread popped up, but I'm not even sure when that was.

In other words, is there a set in stone time/date that I can check against to see if I need to load up KeyID again and then do something (import/export keys/wallets elsewhere) to obtain more BTS?

Thanks for any help (ELI5 format preferred)!

Just collect all the wallets you have together and wait until it's easy to import them all.

Tuck Fheman

Is there a specific time/date where things changed and past that point you are or aren't included in this allocation for DNS?

In looking back it appears that I sold in two batches and one "may" have been after the merger thread popped up, but I'm not even sure when that was.

In other words, is there a set in stone time/date that I can check against to see if I need to load up KeyID again and then do something (import/export keys/wallets elsewhere) to obtain more BTS?

Thanks for any help (ELI5 format preferred)!

Offline toast

• View Profile
I'm so lost. There are so many threads saying different things that I have no idea what is fact/fiction or if any of it concerns me.

For those that received their DNS allocation, then insta-sold on an exchange prior to any of these changes/mergers ... what do they need to do, if anything?

For instance, I received my DNS allocation and assumed the price would continue to drop thereafter and sold hoping to buy more lower.  Then the merger thread popped up and there went that plan.

So what now? Am I good to go as is since I sold all of my DNS prior to the merger announcement or do I need to do something to receive some new allocation post-merger? I don't want to miss out on any BTS that may be coming my way.

Yeah you are in the best position... traders who did with you did ended up with all the "lost" money.

What happened was BM crashed the price and then offered all of I3's stake to make up for it. It wasn't as much as *anyone* thought, to different degrees.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I'm so lost. There are so many threads saying different things that I have no idea what is fact/fiction or if any of it concerns me.

For those that received their DNS allocation, then insta-sold on an exchange prior to any of these changes/mergers ... what do they need to do, if anything?

For instance, I received my DNS allocation and assumed the price would continue to drop thereafter and sold hoping to buy more lower.  Then the merger thread popped up and there went that plan.

So what now? Am I good to go as is since I sold all of my DNS prior to the merger announcement or do I need to do something to receive some new allocation post-merger? I don't want to miss out on any BTS that may be coming my way.

Tuck Fheman